Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The e-fit is scarily similar to CB. Not sure why this case hasn't been mentioned more. Reading what happened to Tristan Brübach is horrifying and if linked to MM, it doesn't bare thinking about what CB did to her

If he is guilty of these crimes (seems that he very likely is), he is a sadistic, possible psychopath who has no boundaries or sexual preference in who he abuses - it's all about the control he has over his victims, their vulnerability. As I say it's big if, it feels like they have the right person and if not, they have at least caught a very dangerous predator.
In this particular e-fit it appears this man has some type of 'hair lip'. I seem to remember other witnesses of different encounters describing a man with a hairlip (sorry, can't find the link for now). So, either this isn't CB, OR when he's in a particular frame of mind, he grimaces to produce something that looks like one?

I don't think so, the Sky news article ( which could be rubbish) says the German LE want to use the same methods.
No, I did see that but I'm not sure whether they really now that.

Plus the piece is by MB who I'm not sure I particularly trust, never got my head around what that intercepted call between him and RM was all about.

In this particular e-fit it appears this man has some type of 'hair lip'. I seem to remember other witnesses of different encounters describing a man with a hairlip (sorry, can't find the link for now). So, either this isn't CB, OR when he's in a particular frame of mind, he grimaces to produce something that looks like one?

I thought about this too. Has CB ever had a hair lip? It's quite a distinctive feature and depending on how far away the witnesses where may have needed to be quite prominent to be seen.

No, I did see that but I'm not sure whether they really now that.

Plus the piece is by MB who I'm not sure I particularly trust, never got my head around what that intercepted call between him and RM was all about.

I don't trust Brunt either! As you say, secret calls with Robert Murat, announcing the DNA in the hire car on TV as a 100% match and then that disappears....Yesterday he got it wrong about the letter...I don't know how he still has a job.

So the Germans do believe CB is their man but are lacking the forensic evidence- this tells me they do have media footage of some sort from that memory card- the Portuguese say there was no match between CB and the saliva. For whatever reason German Officials want to do their own testing on the sample but it could be diplomatic blocks are in place because as of yet it seems Portuguese LE are not fully co operating. But you know, it shouldn't even matter how far DNA testing has came since 2007, if Germany are now working on the case and if there is a chance of matching somebody to this crime, be it CB or any other person in the World, you would think LE in every country would go above and beyond to have it solved. It makes one wonder that German LE are not 100% trusting of either the Portuguese method of testing or of Portuguese LE. You think by now that the people involved in solving this case would be flying over any hurdles, instead of stumbling at every one. X

So the Germans do believe CB is their man but are lacking the forensic evidence- this tells me they do have media footage of some sort from that memory card- the Portuguese say there was no match between CB and the saliva. For whatever reason German Officials want to do their own testing on the sample but it could be diplomatic blocks are in place because as of yet it seems Portuguese LE are not fully co operating. But you know, it shouldn't even matter how far DNA testing has came since 2007, if Germany are now working on the case and if there is a chance of matching somebody to this crime, be it CB or any other person in the World, you would think LE in every country would go above and beyond to have it solved. It makes one wonder that German LE are not 100% trusting of either the Portuguese method of testing or of Portuguese LE. You think by now that the people involved in solving this case would be flying over any hurdles, instead of stumbling at every one. X

From that Sky news report it seems Portuguese police did re-test. So that is co-operation. German LE, then insult them by saying that result is no good.
One country cannot just go and demand another country has to hand over evidence.
There needs to be a certain amount of evidence legally to request the samples. This would happen between any 2 countries, laws are there which expect reasonable standards to be met before letting other people access evidence.
Yet again UK media seem to be demonising a whole country IMO.

They did co-operate though it seems, re-tested the sample as requested but German LE are saying they don't accept the result.
Then....presumably this re-test was done a while ago, the prosecutor was pretty unprofessional in criticising the PJ publically and now he criticises them again by basically saying they must have 'bungled' the test.

PJ has bungled this from day 1. They’d bungle a trial, as well.

PJ has bungled this from day 1. They’d bungle a trial, as well.

In your opinion. The people working in the PJ in 2020 and the National Forensic labs in Portugal are not the same as those from 2007. Very unfair to cast aspersions on a whole country.
Where's the criticism for Germany tipping off the suspect in 2013 or Scotland yard not identifying him as a suspect?

From that Sky news report it seems Portuguese police did re-test. So that is co-operation. German LE, then insult them by saying that result is no good.
One country cannot just go and demand another country has to hand over evidence.
There needs to be a certain amount of evidence legally to request the samples. This would happen between any 2 countries, laws are there which expect reasonable standards to be met before letting other people access evidence.
I have no clue how things work between EU member states, but IMO a sort of request for a second opinion is not a bad idea

If the 'saliva stain' Sky refers to is this one....it was identified as matching a boy who stayed in the apartment.

'FSS response.

I conclude further that, the DNA profiles obtained from the 'crime stain 1' and 286A/2007/CRL9A & B coincide with *****8 (bar code 51156964). I believe that ***** was born on ******, and if this is the case, in my opinion, the DNA profile obtained in 'crime stain 1' is not the result of semen found on the blanket.
P.J. POLICE FILES: JOHN ROBERT LOWE F.S.S REPORT'

P.J. POLICE FILES: PJ FINAL REPORT

Last edited:
I really don't know what to make of the whole thing and how it's being handled.
You'd have thought that a joint statement would have been issued from all the authorities involved - all the countries and from the family (who should have been informed prior ) if CB was a prime suspect and they had crucial evidence however needed more to back up a case.

In your opinion. The people working in the PJ in 2020 and the National Forensic labs in Portugal are not the same as those from 2007. Very unfair to cast aspersions on a whole country.
Where's the criticism for Germany tipping off the suspect in 2013 or Scotland yard not identifying him as a suspect?

It’s in Portugal’s best interests to not ID anyone other than the parents. Their tourism depends on it.

I have no clue how things work between EU member states, but IMO a sort of request for a second opinion is not a bad idea

It's a good idea from the German's point of view. Think about it from the Portuguese point of view. They have complied with Germany's request and then they say the National Forensics lab in Portugal is incompetent, a very respected institution based in a very respected University.

It's a good idea from the German's point of view. Think about it from the Portuguese point of view. They have complied with Germany's request and then they say the National Forensics lab in Portugal is incompetent, a very respected institution based in a very respected University.

Just give the Germans access to it. What’s the big deal?
ETA: What if the sample matches someone else on Germany’s radar?

If the 'saliva stain' Sky refers to is this one....it was identified as matching a boy who stayed in the apartment.
'FSS response.
I conclude further that, the DNA profiles obtained from the 'crime stain 1' and 286A/2007/CRL9A & B coincide with [deleted](bar code 51156964). I believe that ***** was born on 29 January 2005, and if this is the case, in my opinion, the DNA profile obtained in 'crime stain 1' is not the result of semen found on the blanket.
P.J. POLICE FILES: JOHN ROBERT LOWE F.S.S REPORT'

P.J. POLICE FILES: PJ FINAL REPORT

You might want to edit your post as it still contains the person's name and date of birth.

Well, the thing is that the Portuguese authorities has got so much wrong in the investigation from day one, so why not give the Germans the DNA to corroborate the DNA results.

It’s in Portugal’s best interests to not ID anyone other than the parents. Their tourism depends on it.
I agree, if it turns out the kidnapper was a multiple-convicted peadophile, living up the road, committing other brutal rapes on pensioners and young women (that we know of so far), committing burglaries in the area on holiday homes and getting away with it, (he doesn’t even seem to have been on the PJ radar at all) meanwhile the lead detective on the case is Accusing the parents of killing their own daughter, the U.K. police are in on it, and MI5 is part of the cover up.... well it just doesn’t reflect well on them at all does it? IMO

That is a really simplistic and frankly xenophobic view if you don't mind me saying.

Follow the money.
Yes, simplistic. Occam’s Razor. As for xenophobic? No. One would think all the countries would be pulling together to solve crime. PJ is balking with providing information, samples, whatever else they have not produced.
There should be only one goal here: finding out the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigi2023