Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of agree there, but if German LE considered him a key witness he would have been told not to speak to the media.

A couple of us pointed out on here yesterday his involvment in finding the rape video was inadvertently revealed. One article from a few years ago spoke about it was someone CB had previously stolen diesel with who found the video. Then yesterday when the piece about the blue van came out it mentioned it was destroyed after CB didnt pay the fine after stealing diesel with MT.

My guess is that other people picked up on that link and have sought MT out to get his comment. For whatever reason he has obilged with this.

Given how he just sang like a canary to the media, it doesn't seem that he is at all afraid of any of CB's past or present associates... I'd like to know why not? What makes him feel so safe to reveal these things to the media? CB's ex gf apparently went to hide after speaking to police and yet here is this guy.....

It makes me wonder when it was reported about CB not saying anything unless evidence is found. Is that him putting a message out to someone else to either A. Get rid of any remaining evidence B. Telling his wider group he isn't going to talk about anyone else involved.
I would hope that the GP have a few people they are watching very closely at the moment.
Are there any monetary rewards for information leading to a conviction? I'm wondering if this would draw someone out of the woodwork.

I just posted wondering why this MT guy is feeling so safe to talk the media about it - clearly he isn't worried. Your point actually makes good sense. Maybe he is signalling others the heat is on, get rid of stuff, or hey relax, I'm not giving you up... Interesting thought, especially since the ex gf who apparently talked to police now fears for her safety... I haven't seen anything similar from her, have you?

Well a video plus confession would be powerful direct witness evidence.

Having a video would be pretty hard to explain and creates a powerful inference of guilt as far as abduction goes. Personally I doubt police have this or he would have been charged already.

My guess is that have the confession testimony and need this to lead them to some hard forensics.
Unless he cannot be identified in the video. Whether the police have a video or not, I can't be sure. But given his known behaviours, I find it difficult to believe he would not have made a video if he did take MM.

All these ‘friends’ are turning on CB, like rats from a sinking ship, but it’s largely noise.

LE needs information from people who may implicate themselves in criminal activity and that’s a lot trickier. Such people have something to lose and need to be incentivised. Immunity from prosecution, for example. Fingers crossed some are talking to German LE.

Amaral has tunnel vision. It’s pointless bringing up all the old dramas about him. If he has anything useful then he should tell LE. Right now he’s just another person getting paid, leaking info, and adding to the overall noise.

All these ‘friends’ are turning on CB, like rats from a sinking ship, but it’s largely noise.

LE needs information from people who may implicate themselves in criminal activity and that’s a lot trickier. Such people have something to lose and need to be incentivised. Immunity from prosecution, for example. Fingers crossed some are talking to German LE.

Amaral has tunnel vision. It’s pointless bringing up all the old dramas about him. If he has anything useful then he should tell LE. Right now he’s just another person getting paid, leaking info, and adding to the overall noise.

BBM
I have been thinking similarly.

It seems to me that there may be two separate groups of 'friends' from two separate enterprises.

The marijuana dealing network. (Who are perhaps the ones now speaking)
The sexual abuse network, if there is one. (Who perhaps are not speaking at all, despite the offer of a large reward)

Unless he cannot be identified in the video. Whether the police have a video or not, I can't be sure. But given his known behaviours, I find it difficult to believe he would not have made a video if he did take MM.

Possession of such a video would create a powerful inference of guilt that would be hard for the defence to explain away

Yes.

It's propensity stuff. He is a bad guy therefore he probably did it.

The same trash we've seen for years.

Not a single account we have seen so far contains any hard evidence linking him to the crime.

Lets see what another week or two bring us.

There was a million-pound reward back in 2007. If any of CB's criminal web friends suspected him they would talk.
This is what makes me cautious about the whole story. IMO he knows what happened but I am not sure whether to believe it was him who committed this crime.

I don't recall where or why I read this but... An article I read recently indicated LE had never seen results from big rewards for missing kids. I will google to try to find the quote again for context but I think in cases like this, money wouldn't motivate someone to call in. They'd be afraid of being killed or implicated.

Yes.

Not a single account we have seen so far contains any hard evidence linking him to the crime.

I'm more interested in what they're not saying in the media! I'd love to know if the media was denied an interview with anyone? Has anyone flatly said no? Who has the media not located. Why not? All these people in the media probably have nothing or they'd be too scared to talk! Maybe the associates are pinning it in CB but know he didn't do it.

I’m intrigued by the fact he says that he expected CB to be arrested shortly after his interview with the Police. I think that suggests there is far more evidence on CB than the German police are currently divulging.
Makes it sound like they've been worked ng on this case and on CB a long time!

Yes.

Don’t get me wrong. He’s definitely the most significant suspect in 13 years. Everyone seems to agree on that. He fits the bill in many, many ways and German LE appear cautious and diligent. They wouldn’t be ramping it up if they weren’t deadly serious about CB.

I just can’t get too excited about every self-serving, two-bit former acquaintance coming out of the woodwork to make a quick buck by blabbing to tabloids.

It’s definitely wait and see right now. CB’s 17 July appeal could reveal important things but I don’t know. Is anything related to the MM investigation even relevant to the rape appeal if he hasn’t even been charged? Maybe they want to be able to charge him by then but it’s only a few weeks away ... that would be ambitious. That’s even assuming it’s an open hearing with all this attention. I don’t know whether such appeals are or whether CB is expected to appear etc.

So wait, if this video of the rape of an old lady, that was on the camera which CB’s friend stole from his house, if that wasn’t the 72yr old - Then it must of been the guy in the bar in 2017 who said CB showed him a video of him raping an older lady, that must of been the 72year olds rape? He must be the witness who went to court and described that particular video in detail....Which means what he told him about Madeline was likely to be true too? That’s probably why the police know how and when she was killed, they just don’t know where? wouldn’t this guy of asked CB where he burried her though?

I hope this makes sense im half asleep

There now seem to be two elderly rape victims. One was found on a cam two associates stole from CB's home while he and MT were locked up. It sounds like MT found out about that attack from whoever saw it on the camera.

The second seems to be the American elderly woman. This one he is said to have shown a friend and is the one he was convicted for.

Why was he never tried or convicted for the one the friends found on his camera? Is it possible those friends are who LE are looking for who may have since changed their loyalty?

Don’t get me wrong. He’s definitely the most significant suspect in 13 years. Everyone seems to agree on that. He fits the bill in many, many ways and German LE appear cautious and diligent. They wouldn’t be ramping it up if they weren’t deadly serious about CB.

I just can’t get too excited about every self-serving, two-bit former acquaintance coming out of the woodwork to make a quick buck by blabbing to tabloids.

It’s definitely wait and see right now. CB’s 17 July appeal could reveal important things but I don’t know. Is anything related to the MM investigation even relevant to the rape appeal if he hasn’t even been charged? Maybe they want to be able to charge him by then but it’s only a few weeks away ... that would be ambitious. That’s even assuming it’s an open hearing with all this attention. I don’t know whether such appeals are or whether CB is expected to appear etc.

I thought they expected a decision on the extradition matter July 16. If so, doesn't that mean it's been heard already or the evidence is already before the courts in some manner? Perhaps via documentation only by both parties? Maybe the lawyer for CB was seeking a summary judgement?

Which is like a perfect prefabricated defence to any charges of murder

Good point. Sadly, he could do that if they are able to prove an abduction but nothing beyond that.

“Okay I took her but I handed her over to X afterwards.”

In the rape case CB argued his hair was at the crime scene because he patted the victim’s cat on the street and it transferred to her bed. o_O

Last edited:
I thought they expected a decision on the extradition matter July 16. If so, doesn't that mean it's been heard already or the evidence is already before the courts in some manner? Perhaps via documentation only by both parties? Maybe the lawyer for CB was seeking a summary judgement?

Ahhh, right. I wasn’t sure about that and I thought there was a hearing then. It may have been done by submissions only because the ECJ isn’t in Germany? No idea when it would have been done or even how much detail re. the submissions and ruling will be made public.

why assume that no-one has spoken up.
LE don't have to publish to the public that they have spoken to the person on the other end of that 30 minute call. maybe they already have.
if they let the public know they have tracked him/her down, they also let CB know ... why would they want to do that.
smoke and mirrors, keep him in the dark.
LE knows that a phone call did take place and they know, roundabouts, the area that CB phone was in. But they wont question him about it whilst there's a chance for him to say that somebody else had his phone that night. The police need the other person to come forward for conformation that it was CB himself on the line., so ultimately puts him at the scene X

16 minutes after the call came in for MM, another call came in from a Lisbon Security System firm, reports of a suspected burglary 10 miles away which diverted the police for, crucially, one hour! Why would LE think for 1 minute that it is acceptable to make a detour from a missing child to a suspected burglary?? I know there was some suspicion as to that call being a set up with ties to MM abduction. Does anybody know where exactly did the detour lead them to? Who owned the place and had a burglary occurred ?? I read 'suspected burglary' but cant find anything else on it! X

16 minutes after the call came in for MM, another call came in from a Lisbon Security System firm, reports of a suspected burglary 10 miles away which diverted the police for, crucially, one hour! Why would LE think for 1 minute that it is acceptable to make a detour from a missing child to a suspected burglary?? I know there was some suspicion as to that call being a set up with ties to MM abduction. Does anybody know where exactly did the detour lead them to? Who owned the place and had a burglary occurred ?? I read 'suspected burglary' but cant find anything else on it! X

Odiaxere, approx 10 miles north east of Luz.
Mystery burglary report call could hold key to solving Madeleine McCann case

BellMat said:

photographer4 said:

Sorry - I've skipped a few pages on this case - you all post a lot! Trying to keep up!

Anyone else - Is this when CB will be in court? July 16 or the 17th? I am going to guess there are no court sites in Germany that you can go to & look it up like in the U.S. I like to keep my notes up-to-date! TIA! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball