Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[ETA: I guess he doesn't wash that van too often]

Good point photographer. I think you can see dent here:

(dent in yellow part is harder to see but by zooming in pic a lot I guess it's there)

Thanks for your help on this! Now I am more confident that there is a dent there! I was going back and forth on that one....

Thanks for your help on this! Now I am more confident that there is a dent there! I was going back and forth on that one....

No doubt 3 pics are contemporary, they were taken very close in time. I'd guess in the same trip.

I will say that I have had doubts that the Smith sighting was Madeleine and her alleged abductor because I have always believed that the person who took Madeleine was someone with a vehicle that was parked near the light post of block 6. It is where the dogs lost her scent afterall.

ty. the starter point i noticed is the aspect ratio.
1. malaga photo - 1.297 don't recognise this as an aspect ratio, ?? so i assume cropped. my guess cropped on the left to remove that blonde figure.
2. beach photo - 1.33 aps-c. so i assume uncropped
3. track photo - 1.33 aps-c. so i assume uncropped

attached are the images showing the fullest amount of content that i could find.

eta
removed hdv as that is 16:9

It would be interesting to understand why he took pics 2 and 3, which I'd guess were in the same area (even if only intuitively). Very interesting.

I've always thought that the dogs losing MM's scent may explain her being taken in a car as in the case of Jacob Wetterling. Now that CB was named a suspect and the appeal was for information on two vehicles it is possible that CB could have took her in one vehicle parked by the light post of block 6, then abandoned that vehicle somewhere nearby and then walked with her to another vehicle.

It would be interesting to understand why he took pics 2 and 3, which I'd guess were in the same area (even if only intuitively). Very interesting.

I had thought he may have been taking photos to prove to someone his location. Perhaps he was on route to meet someone? As in, hey... I'm HERE... I expect to be THERE in... X time...

Do we know if tractorman’s mobile was a different number to CB’s? Might it be the same number but PJ/LE had it assigned to tractorman, when it actually belonged toCB?
His widow stated in one article that he often changed numbers and sold his phones due to his drug involvement. So that's another possibility, that his phone ended up belonging to CB.

I do wonder about this. It was everywhere! You’d know if you were around that night. It would’ve clicked by now surely?
Maybe they don't want to become part of that media circus by having their identities splashed over every paper.

But saying it was everywhere is a bit of a generalisation. In the UK, yes, its been almost impossible to escape it. But while it was covered around the world, it wasn't anywhere near that same scale anywhere else. Someone who doesn't really watch the news or those type of programmes may not necessarily know about it or if they did, twigged it was them the Smiths were on about. Their descriptions are pretty inconsistent even among themselves.

I had thought he may have been taking photos to prove to someone his location. Perhaps he was on route to meet someone? As in, hey... I'm HERE... I expect to be THERE in... X time...
Where are the photos he took? Sorry, missed a few days and it would take ages to find it.

I will say that I have had doubts that the Smith sighting was Madeleine and her alleged abductor because I have always believed that the person who took Madeleine was someone with a vehicle that was parked near the light post of block 6. It is where the dogs lost her scent afterall.

I never thought it was. That's not to undermine or cast doubt upon what the Smith family saw that night - they clearly saw someone that night that they felt might have some involvement in MM's disappearance and very responsibly reported what they saw - more that the idea of MM's alleged abductor walking about with her is so ludicrous.

Have you got a link for that?

Perhaps. But I'd say that he might be doing pics to mark historic moments. That one opposite to the sea is very enigmatic.

Hey, me again :p
First of all: Harald and Holger are oldfashioned, yet commom names in Germany. I would not read too much into them ;)
Second: I still think about that profile picture ... seems like some kind of "sick joke" but what if he actually burried some of his victims there? Would fit to the personality. Like: You only know what the picture really shows if he wants you to, you know? No evidences, just guesses on my side here! Has anyone tried to "Google Earth" the abandoned factory he owned? Like with satellite view, if there is a place there that looks like that?

Perhaps. But I'd say that he might be doing pics to mark historic moments. That one opposite to the sea is very enigmatic.
Where r these photos, how many pages back, plz?

With regard to Smithman, possible reasons for not coming forward: if they subsequently had cancer or something and passed away, especially if they became estranged from the child’s mother ET so there was no one to prompt them from coming forward, or if they were worried about being recognised publicly, or general apathy (I know people who won’t follow through on reporting relatively serious incidents if they don’t think the police will take them seriously, or even if they are angry over something like a speeding fine. Some people are selfish enough to think, well, it isn’t my child).

That one by the sea has me interested for sure. Look at the tire tracks beneath the tires. You can see that it was parked in the exact location, quite intentionally. But why? Was he a social media poster? In May 2007, FB had just started to become a thing... was he a FB photos kinda guy? What was the purpose of the photo?

ETA: while I'm at it... what is UNDER the car in that photo?? Two small objects. Trash? Markers? What the heck are those? These make me think editing wasn't his thing, as those are easily edited out with basic software. A good photographer would have noticed those on set and moved them pre-photo...

Phone call by Christian B 'made from outside resort where she was snatched'

In this article (and in the 60 minutes doc), HCW says:

"We know that the phone number which was used by our suspect on May 3, 2007, was connecting to the mast which belongs to the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz."

Does he mean there is a physical phone mast in the grounds of the Ocean club? Or is he saying the mast which covers the area which the Ocean club falls in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx