"Make him stop" - Casey to Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashton brings up December 5th, a few seconds after that Ms. Anthony lets out that deep annoyed sigh on camera, grabs a pen and angrily writes on a sheet of paper right after Lyon scribbles as well.

Anyone, thoughts as to the five syllables Casey whispers at :33? [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9UECWMtKeA[/ame]

I CRIED as I heard this - it would have been abnormal had she not teared up. I think it was planned though. I think they had coached her as to what would happen and what we would be said and how she should act. Now that I think of it, my tears were likely more genuine than hers and certainly my shock and horror were worse.

Honestly, I would have to be muzzled and hog tied every time I was near anyone who would listen to me, as I would be protesting every chance I got.

I found it especially interesting that in the few seconds of the "make him stop" incident, which was accompanied by KC's indignant anger, that Baez moved the mic away from KC. It made me wonder if he's experienced some uncontrolled anger from her before and was being preemptive.

I've never seen him move the mic away from her before. What did he see that prompted him to do so this time? Is a command like that ("make him stop") usually a harbinger of lack of control? Was it the look of indignant on her face with that twist of her mouth that we previously saw in that jail visit?

I am so curious about these things.

ETA: After just watching the video again twice, I am not sure that he is, after all, moving the mic.

Exactly, there were no tears when she was faced with her child being missing, no tears when autopsy reports were discussed,in open court...nothing. The jury will be able to differentiate between whatever tears Casey manages to produce at trial,and the callous mother who shed no tears when her daughter was missing and found deceased in the woods.

As well as the witnessed non response to the first time she viewed the "Breaking News" they thought they had recovered some human remains, versus her witnessed reaction when the correct location where her dead child lay had aired.

I found it especially interesting that in the few seconds of the "make him stop" incident, which was accompanied by KC's indignant anger, that Baez moved the mic away from KC. It made me wonder if he's experienced some uncontrolled anger from her before and was being preemptive.

I've never seen him move the mic away from her before. What did he see that prompted him to do so this time? Is a command like that ("make him stop") usually a harbinger of lack of control? Was it the look of indignant on her face with that twist of her mouth that we previously saw in that jail visit?

ETA: After just watching the video again twice, I am not sure that he is, after all, moving the mic.

Wow you are right. I remember I noticed this when I first watched the court hearing but promptly forgot about it. He did move the mic.

He very pointedly moves that mic and completely out of her reach.

I am guessing after she said "make him stop" and he replied he then put his hand on the mic for a couple of seconds and told her to stop talking. You can tell that someone puts the mic on mute. She gets very angry and turns to Lyons and there later tells Lyon to make it/him stop. What Lyons replies I can't tell.

http://www.wesh.com/video/21931324/index.html

I listened to this clip turning my computer volume on high and the clip's volume on high. The first time that KC says "make him stop" is at about the .10 mark and is very audible although the camera is not on her.

Then, at the .55 mark and the 1.42 mark, it seems that KC says Make him Stop twice more to AL. This is when KC had her hand over her face, but with the volume up that high I thought I could make out the words each time.

But someone else on another thread thought the second and third remarks from KC were Oy my god and please.

Can anyone make out what KC said to AL at the .55 and 1.42 points on this clip and what AL says back to KC at the 1.42mark?

Thanks

I just watched the video again as well (twice) and I have to completely agree with your above (bolded) statement. I think Baez saw the beginning motions of a KC temper flare up and leaned over to tell her to ZIP IT (or at least CUT IT OUT!).

I also think this may have been the reason that AL was holding her wrist, which has been interpreted by some as being "consoling", but the second time I watched, I strictly watched AL. She appears to be holding KC forearm but is staring stonily (obviously concentrating on JA's words)...not looking at KC, not whispering or murmuring to her....I think it was to CONTROL KC....

Here's another thought I had about the "Make it stop" comment.

Do you think that this will be the basis of JB and AL arguing against having cameras in the court room because they will say that the cameras, microphones, etc. picked up priviledged attorney/client comments?

I remember back when JB argued that the cameras shouldn't zoom in close enough to read what KC was writing on her legal pad.

I would be willing to bet that they will add this to their list of reasons why they should get a mistrial or an appeal or a change of venue or whatever

ETA: After just watching the video again twice, I am not sure that he is, after all, moving the mic.[/QUOTE]

I don't know....it does appear that he moved something there after whispering to her...

Also noticed this time around that after he bends over and whispers in her ear, as he is righting himself back in his chair, he pokes her in the side with his thumb...almost like he was trying to "drive home" what he said, kwim?

I find it interesting that her actions were in total disagreement with whatever Ashton said. Does this not tell us she KNOWS exactly how everything REALLY went? No matter, if she said "make it stop" or was crying out of anger, fear or regret, she's put herself where she is and she doesn't have a clue how to get out of this corner. Not even the truth will set her free at this point. She ran to scribble 12/5/09 down on a sheet of paper (I would bet) thinking that was an invalid date of the discovery of Caylee's remains. She's looking for that "technicality" that will get her out of there.

I find it interesting that her actions were in total disagreement with whatever Ashton said. Does this not tell us she KNOWS exactly how everything REALLY went? No matter, if she said "make it stop" or was crying out of anger, fear or regret, she's put herself where she is and she doesn't have a clue how to get out of this corner. Not even the truth will set her free at this point. She ran to scribble 12/5/09 down on a sheet of paper (I would bet) thinking that was an invalid date of the discovery of Caylee's remains. She's looking for that "technicality" that will get her out of there.

Sorry for the OT, but can anyone quickly tell me the significance of the December 5th thing? What happened on dec 5? Why did KC and AL both start writing?

TIA

I just watched the video again as well (twice) and I have to completely agree with your above (bolded) statement. I think Baez saw the beginning motions of a KC temper flare up and leaned over to tell her to ZIP IT (or at least CUT IT OUT!).

I also think this may have been the reason that AL was holding her wrist, which has been interpreted by some as being "consoling", but the second time I watched, I strictly watched AL. She appears to be holding KC forearm but is staring stonily (obviously concentrating on JA's words)...not looking at KC, not whispering or murmuring to her....I think it was to CONTROL KC....
I didn't see anything consoling about AL holding Casey's wrist either. In fact she looks just like you described "staring stonily" at her ~ no comfort there! The redness in Casey's face afterward indicates anger so that would be fitting with the attorneys trying to control an outburst of rage. MOO

I didn't see anything consoling about AL holding Casey's wrist either. In fact she looks just like you described "staring stonily" at her ~ no comfort there! The redness in Casey's face afterward indicates anger so that would be fitting with the attorneys trying to control an outburst of rage. MOO

My interpretation was that AL knew that KC could act out and AL had a grip on her arm to control her if she needed to.

I also find it interesting that CA and GA and group left the courtroom in such an abrupt in ability to face the facts move.

There are alot of people who simply leave when they are faced with conflict instead of working it out. It's their coping mechanism. I found it to be an interesting dicotomy that CA and GA could leave and KC couldn't. Although KC didn't turn around, do you think that KC knew that it was CA and GA leaving the courtroom because you could obviously hear people leaving behind her?

Sorry for the OT, but can anyone quickly tell me the significance of the December 5th thing? What happened on dec 5? Why did KC and AL both start writing?

TIA

Ashton had pointed out that date because the death penalty wasn't on the table at that time due to Caylee's body not being found until 12/11/08. Once the remains had been found, that was cause for the State to put the death penalty on the table. I think KC thought he was going to refer to 12/5as the day the remains had been found.

My interpretation was that AL knew that KC could act out and AL had a grip on her arm to control her if she needed to.

I also find it interesting that CA and GA and group left the courtroom in such an abrupt in ability to face the facts move.

There are alot of people who simply leave when they are faced with conflict instead of working it out. It's their coping mechanism. I found it to be an interesting dicotomy that CA and GA could leave and KC couldn't. Although KC didn't turn around, do you think that KC knew that it was CA and GA leaving the courtroom because you could obviously hear people leaving behind her?
I too was slightly surprised she didn't turn around, or for that matter, even acknowledge them when she came into the courtroom. It's almost like she's trying to show them that she's disowned them. So the argument about the jail visits being private seems a moot point since I don't think she really wants them to come see her anyway ~ unless it's to put money in her commissary account. MOO

This remark made (I think) by Casey to Mr Baez and his response "I can't" was one of the most fascinating things to come out of today's trial.

Did she honestly think that Mr Baez could or should have been able to make Mr Aston stop talking?

I'm seriously doubting that this girl has any grasp on reality and understanding of what she heading for when this case goes to trial. I do remember hearing talk a while back that Casey had her hopes pinned on a mistrial.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Mr Baez has not been completely honest with his client?

Does Casey believe this would never get to trial or if it did it she would get off on a mistrial? And if so who gave her those ideas?

It left me wondering if Casey only realised today, for the first time, what she is up against. All the evidence is going to come out and she is going to have to sit there and take it all in.

I don't see how she will make it through the trial if this is a percursor of things to come.

Yes, I really think JB has minimized the possibilities of what she's up against to Casey. I can just see him telling her, "don't worry, they don't have any proof.......you'll be lying on the beach in Miami when this trial is over."

But when AL got on board as the death penalty qualified attorney, I'm sure she's been a lot more honest and realistic with Casey.

But, Casey may have chosen to reject what AL told her, and opt for JB's pipe dream. I think Casey's reaction to Ashton's comments clearly illustrate that she wasn't/isn't prepared to handle the trial and the testimony that will come from her family, friends, and professionals, not to mention the opening and closing arguments that the prosecution will make.

Slightly OT, but did anyone else notice when AL was going on about the death penalty and Casey teared up, that between dabbing her eyes, she looked up with her right eye while dabbing her left to see if her tears were having any effect on the judge? It was a very brief action, but it did happen.

It seems to me that we have a trio of people who want to make it stop, Casey, GA and CA. The usual family ploy if they can't control an event is they leave or get the offending party to leave. Getting up and storming out when Ashton was speaking certainly wasn't adult behavior on the part of the elder Anthonys. I think they see the proceedings as an attack on all of them. They claim they want the truth, but they really don't. They only want a truth that's acceptable to them.

This whole family is capable of compartmentalizing their various realities or dismissing them altogether. So Casey killed Caylee, and then she simply dismissed that reality, and went on to a new one. The elder Anthonys dismissed it too, and went onto their Casey is innocent reality.

Yesterday we witnessed two versions of make it stop or make him stop. Both versions from 3 Anthonys who can't stand to be held accountable.
Post of the day, IMO! Well summarized, justthinkin!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And a big :woohoo: to all of the other brilliant contributions here! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads