Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JANUARY 03, 2015 - Priority-zone search for MH370 could take another five months

ALMOST 10 months after Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 vanished between Malaysian and Vietnamese airspace, no bodies or debris have been found.

So far the search for the missing aircraft and the 239 crew and passengers who disappeared on March 8 has covered 14,000sq km.

The current search area is likely to be completely combed by the end of May.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...ther-five-months/story-e6frg95x-1227173091037

The AirAsia plane going missing has made me wonder about 1 possibility for the MH370 that I wonder about.

If the MH370 flight ran out of fuel at crusing altitude and did a perfect nose dive, could it be possible to enter the water so perfectly that a plane would not break up? Like could it do like a good high-diver person and enter the water so perfectly vertical that it cut right through the water and sunk without breaking apart like most of us think it should have?

It seems unlikely but began to wonder about this as a possible reason why there has never been any debri field found for MH370. You know how like in the Olympics when they give a diver a perfect 10 and they enter the water so perfectly that there is little splash. Just wondering if a plane could accomplish something like that.

Thanks Hatfield for raising this significant question. :drumroll:

So, if recent Air Asia Flight QZ8501 may have landed on water safely, could it assumingly have happened to Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 as well?

According to Dudi Sudibyo, who is the senior editor of ANGKASA (the aviation magazine for Malaysian National Space Agency ANGKASA),
while the search is still ongoing for the Air Asia QZ8501 Black Boxes, Dudi Sudibyo states that several aviation industry
scientists/experts claim that the absence of normal Crash Transmission Data indicates the plane could have touched down safely
with all 162 Air Asia Flight QZ8501 passengers on board.

All MSM links here:

Hindustan Times, published Jan 3, 2015:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...h-waves-sunk-it-experts/article1-1302454.aspx

Mirror, published Jan 01, 2015:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/flight-qz8501-airasia-jet-land-4902658

The Times of India, published Jan 2, 2015:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...nded-on-water-safely/articleshow/45724410.cms

International Business Times, published Jan 3, 2015:
http://www.ibtimes.com/airasia-flig...y-water-sinking-experts-say-16-bodies-1771942

International Business Times AU edition, published Jan 2, 2015:
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/5778...nology-malaysia-airlines-370.htm#.VKg9hiuUfHk

Weird that I can't like posts on my cell. Getting this message -
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activationYour user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

Roselvr, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

New article -

'Yesterday, the Australian Transport Safety Bureau issued its latest update on the search and revealed that it had covered 14,000sqkm of the search area of the about 200,000sqkm, 1800km south-west of Perth.

An ATSB spokesman said that "in addition to locating the plane, the underwater search aims to map the MH370 debris field in order to identify and prioritise the recovery of specific aircraft components, including flight recorders, which will assist with the Malaysian investigation".

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/25927140/searchers-prepare-mh370-recovery-plan/

Plane to recover the black box - New Article

"The plan includes search timings, methods, procedures, safety precautions and the initial search areas for vessels Fugro Discovery, GO Phoenix and Fugro Equator.

The bureau added that if there were no significant delays, the current underwater search area might be largely completed around May 2015.

The search for MH370 resumed in October after being halted for four months to enable the mapping of the seabed of the search zone."

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/01/08/MH370-Focus-on-recovery-of-black-box/

"Those hungry for information on MH370 should diligently get it from reliable sources and from authenticated social media postings," said the Transport Minister.

He added that Malaysia was determined to locate the missing MH370 aircraft despite conspiracy theories that attempt to undermine the search mission.

Liow said the search mission for the missing aircraft had been intensified, with additional Malaysian and Australian search vessels dispatched to the Indian Ocean.

"We (Malaysia) have never given up our search for the plane - we are talking about depths of 6,000m, and one of the most violent and complex oceans in the world," he said after launching the Selangor MCA Wanita cadre training session in Alor Gajah here Saturday.

He also said two more Australian search vessels are expected to join the search mission soon."

Latest statement by the Malaysian Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai - http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2015/01/10/MH370-disregard-conspiracies-says-liow/

"AFTER more than 10 months and no sign of flight MH370, another vessel has been brought in to aid the international search effort.

Already three vessels — Fugro Equator, Fugro Discovery and GO Phoenix — have been tasked with the job of searching for remains of the missing Boeing 777 which went down last March.

Now a fourth — Fugro Supporter — is on its way to the Perth coast, after conducting trials in Bali, Acting Prime Minister Warren Truss has announced.

“It is expected to arrive in the search area and commence search activities in late January,” he said."

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...on-missing-mh370/story-fnizu68q-1227182964271

"Still optimistic ... Warren Truss says search crews are putting in the best effort to find MH370. Picture: Lyndon Mechielsen/News Corp. Source: News Corp Australia

Mr Truss this morning insisted he was still confident the plane can be found, despite the time that has passed.

“It’s a huge search area, it’s in very deep water, it’s a long way from the coast, but we’re still optimistic that we’re searching in the right place and we’ve got good enough equipment to be able to identify this wreck,” he told ABC Radio.

When asked what happens if it’s not located when this phase of the search wraps up in May, Mr Truss said there will have to be a new “round of assessments”.

“We’re putting in the best effort and if it’s possible to find it I’m confident we can do it.”

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...on-missing-mh370/story-fnizu68q-1227182964271

Second part of story above - separated due to websleuths rules.

"Missing airliner MH370 is 'very likely' to be found and is probably in good condition despite being submerged for ten months, according to the Australian leading the search.

Martin Dolan said he is confident of finding the aircraft - which disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8 with 239 people on board - but admitted it would take a while.

Apart from some mysterious satellite 'pings' interpreted as plotting its southern course, no sign of the jet has been found despite a massive air and sea operation.

Still missing: The jet disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8 and apart from some mysterious satellite 'pings' interpreted as plotting its southern course, no sign of it has been found

Mr Dolan said: 'We are confident that if we are looking in the right area - as we think we are - we will find the aircraft - it's just that it's a very large area, so it's going to take a long time.'

Three vessels, with a fourth on the way, are probing the depths of the Indian Ocean off western Australia where the Malaysia Airlines plane carrying 239 people, mostly Chinese, is believed to have crashed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ia-confident-finding-MH370.html#ixzz3P2aEIqDN

For those few who are still following the mysterious disappearance of MH370, the following is required reading: Canadian mathematician Brock McEwan's paper on why the actions of the MH370 investigate team don't add up. There is a lot of technical detail in the paper, but it highlights numerous instances in which the investigation team appears to have deliberately obfuscated the facts, leading the search effort astray. Not one to mince words, Plane Talking columnist Ban Sandilands asks where it's time to investigate the investigators....

For those few who are still following the mysterious disappearance of MH370, the following is required reading: Canadian mathematician Brock McEwan's paper on why the actions of the MH370 investigate team don't add up. There is a lot of technical detail in the paper, but it highlights numerous instances in which the investigation team appears to have deliberately obfuscated the facts, leading the search effort astray. Not one to mince words, Plane Talking columnist Ban Sandilands asks where it's time to investigate the investigators....

thanks for this article.......

from your link:
"In short, McEwen is leading us to ask if the search priorities were swiftly moved away from any risk that floating debris would actually be found.

It’s a very good question. It has become abundantly clear that Australia was dealing with a dishonest and incompetent Malaysian government when it came to disclosures about MH370 not to mention alleged dishonest dealings that we are forbidden to mention in another matter widely publicized throughout SE Asia because the Abbott government is muzzling the Australian media over a serious additional matter that makes its Je suis Charlie posturing about freedom of the press look shallow and shabby."

bbm: that sums it up for me

"Even in isolation, the conduct of top officials in the search for 370 since March 18, 2014 – by the folks who took

over the investigation from Malaysian authorities - is nothing short of appalling:

- moving the search 600nmi NE on Mar.28, for reasons other than were claimed

- modeling 370’s range at 7% below original estimates, with no disclosed or discernible justification

- searching for 2 months at a location to which a fuel-feasible, signal data-fitting path is not possible

- hailing as authentic acoustic pings sonar experts would know 370’s black box could not have emitted

- confirming (planting?) reports the co-pilot’s cell phone pinged a tower, when primary radar rules this out

- bathy surveying areas that are unlikely 370 search sites (but promising future resource extraction sites)

- issuing surface debris directives drift experts should have known were irresponsible and misleading

- misrepresentation of 370’s performance limit of a subtlety which invites suspicion of intent to deceive

Taken together, a clear pattern of deliberate manipulation emerges. While highly unlikely to involve any but the

most senior officials, it is hard not to spot the pattern. The evidence, quite frankly, is consistent with a search

that is not being conducted in good faith.''

page 17 from the concerns pdf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-r3yuaF2p72LW04dlJnQXQ4cTQ/view?pli=1

....not to mention alleged dishonest dealings that we are forbidden to mention in another matter widely publicized throughout SE Asia because the Abbott government is muzzling the Australian media over a serious additional matter that makes its Je suis Charlie posturing about freedom of the press look shallow and shabby."

RSBM: Just want to comment on this ^^^ for those that are wondering.

Australia is sending back (many unseaworthy) boats of illegal immigrants/asylum seekers (mostly from Afghanistan, Iraq, and similar countries) that are sent from Indonesia across the Timor Sea trying to reach Australia. Abbott has squelched the media talking about it because it is hugely controversial, he is arguing with the Indonesian govt for allowing it to happen (and perhaps assisting in the matter), and he is trying to get the matter under some kind of control - have the immigrants apply for entry into Australia in a legal manner.

Our armed forces spend a lot of time rescuing these boats, as they are sinking and marooned - Indonesians are making a lot of money in this illegal transportation fiasco. The people are already sitting for months and months in Indonesia, Abbott wants them to apply for asylum/immigration and quit trying to jump the queue. Australia already takes about 30,000 asylum seekers each year in the international effort to assist the people.

So, yeah .. it is controversial .. and squelched to take the heat off. And we are aware that it is squelched, and ongoing.

"Even in isolation, the conduct of top officials in the search for 370 since March 18, 2014 – by the folks who took

over the investigation from Malaysian authorities - is nothing short of appalling:

- moving the search 600nmi NE on Mar.28, for reasons other than were claimed

- modeling 370’s range at 7% below original estimates, with no disclosed or discernible justification

- searching for 2 months at a location to which a fuel-feasible, signal data-fitting path is not possible

- hailing as authentic acoustic pings sonar experts would know 370’s black box could not have emitted

- confirming (planting?) reports the co-pilot’s cell phone pinged a tower, when primary radar rules this out

- bathy surveying areas that are unlikely 370 search sites (but promising future resource extraction sites)

- issuing surface debris directives drift experts should have known were irresponsible and misleading

- misrepresentation of 370’s performance limit of a subtlety which invites suspicion of intent to deceive

Taken together, a clear pattern of deliberate manipulation emerges. While highly unlikely to involve any but the

most senior officials, it is hard not to spot the pattern. The evidence, quite frankly, is consistent with a search

that is not being conducted in good faith.''

page 17 from the concerns pdf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-r3yuaF2p72LW04dlJnQXQ4cTQ/view?pli=1

I hate to say this, but I've been wondering for a while if there was any advantage to be gained from the never ending search that is totally unrelated to the plane missing. BBM - possible?

I hate to say this, but I've been wondering for a while if there was any advantage to be gained from the never ending search that is totally unrelated to the plane missing. BBM - possible?

While I have to believe that the search is not unrelated to the missing plane (we are spending a heck of a lot of money for a bit of exploration), I can say that I have read several times that mapping the sea bed is something useful. And I know that geological survey ships do similar mapping when looking for oil deposits under the ocean. (Somehow, they can tell by rock and seabed formations where it is most likely for oil deposits to be found.)

Not that I think that section of the very exposed, very deep, wild South Indian Ocean is anywhere near calm or shallow enough to set up an oil rig and drill.

I must admit I have not followed MH370 from start to finish. However I do not know ONE person in the aviation industry that can give a valid explanation to this horrific event. Nor can any of us comprehend how some small sort of debris had not washed up SOMEWHERE…let's face it this world news. Surely somebody would have seen debris by now. And then MH017 having been blown out of the air several months afterwards…NAH something stinks. Going on gut feeling only. How do the families of loved ones move on with so many questions that may never be answered.

I must admit I have not followed MH370 from start to finish. However I do not know ONE person in the aviation industry that can give a valid explanation to this horrific event. Nor can any of us comprehend how some small sort of debris had not washed up SOMEWHERE…let's face it this world news. Surely somebody would have seen debris by now. And then MH017 having been blown out of the air several months afterwards…NAH something stinks. Going on gut feeling only. How do the families of loved ones move on with so many questions that may never be answered.

BBM.
That's because too much time was wasted searching in the wrong areas at first.
By the time searches were directed to the right (or as right as it can be), debris had already sunk/floated away on the currents.
Of course, this is JMO.

BBM.
That's because too much time was wasted searching in the wrong areas at first.
By the time searches were directed to the right (or as right as it can be), debris had already sunk/floated away on the currents.
Of course, this is JMO.

Sorry I should have clarified. I guess you would expect to see debris washed onto land by now. JMO.

I agree with everything you have said 100%. I feel so bad for all the victims families not knowing where their loved ones are and why they disappeared it must be torture. Hopefully they will know one day. I am very concerned we are getting to the stage where they will give up the search due to costs and the truth will never be known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member