Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it looks like the part of the window of the plane and side panel

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Restarea if it is a sewing machine what wuld it do there

Restarea if it is a sewing machine what wuld it do there

Someone probably brought it there from their home or the dump to get their 15 minutes of fame. This has become a treasure hunt to the people on that island because the media is there just waiting around for someone to yell out BINGO!

It may be the same shape and have similarities, but it could also be a piece from the plane's galley or other item. And if it does turn out to be a sewing machine part, people do travel with those if they need to do so. It could be from a passenger's luggage. There is no way to rule in or out what was on the plane if it came from the cargo hold without some evidence to tie it to a specific person.

I honestly don't think the people on the island are all as calloused as you seem to believe. Yes, this is unusual to them and a big deal with all the press. But I also feel they want to help find answers for the families not unlike we would do if we were confronted with the same situation.

It looks like the part of the cabin above the seats where the air conditioning section is and the two cut outs are symbols for people to indicate which air con nossle is for whom. Maybe I'm totally wrong though.

I see a sewing machine. Like the back part of the cover.

ETA oh the picture up a post or two it looks like the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Article stating Australian search efforts are shifting to the northern tip of the search zone based on drift analysis from wing part found at Reunion Island.

MISSING Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 will be found in the Southern Indian Ocean at the opposite end of the current search area, according to drift analysis based on the discovery of a wing part on La Reunion Island.
The new likely splash zone was identified by internationally respected physicist, mathematician and algorithm modeller, Dr Henrik Rydberg in a report released on Monday. It lies at the northern tip of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) search area, a significant distance from where searchers have been focusing in the south.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...y-being-searched/story-fnizu68q-1227471153863

"Could it help us actually find out what happened to MH370?
The BBC's transport correspondent Richard Westcott says if the debris is confirmed as part of the plane it would reveal that the aircraft crashed and broke up - but is unlikely to reveal much more about what actually happened on board.
Greg Waldron, of Flightglobal, said what is really needed are the plane's flight recorders - one piece alone won't solve the mystery, he told the BBC.
David Griffin from CSIRO said it would not affect the existing search. "You can't trace the flight path with enough certainty based on this," he said.
"All we can say is that the plane part's location is consistent with our flight calculations, and it won't affect the seafloor search for MH370."
Marine salvage expert David Mearns agreed with this assessment. He told the BBC that even if the debris was from MH370, the "uncertainty is too great" to find the crash site given that the plane disappeared 16 months ago.
"I have backtracked wreckage to locate shipwrecks but only over a drift period of one to three days," he said."

MH370 search: Could debris be from missing plane?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-33713885

Very emotional this morning after seeing one article that showed where debris should be at any given time. I don't recall seeing it before, so WTF took so long? The beaches shown should have been routinely checked.

I do wonder if debris were seen in the beginning searches with Tomnod but sunk by the time people got there. Why didn't the people doing the sea floor mapping happen to see any debris? I'm not doubting anything is from MH370, wonder what's taking so long to confirm the part came from the plane? IMO they know the answer already

As for the part that could be a sewing machine, I sew so do see it. People throw the weirdest stuff into the ocean. I don't think it was done to try to fool anyone; either it is a sewing machine or a plane part which I can see. I can't stand waiting for answers & can't imagine what the families are going through. Saying prayers the wait is not much longer so they have answers.

Attachments

• _84574654_mh370_debris_simulation_624map.png
    _84574654_mh370_debris_simulation_624map.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 518
"#MH370 latest: Prosecutor tells #CNN “If we are able to confirm something we will do it tonight” I'm LIVE from the lab in #France"

Would be nice to get confirmation of the obvious.

According to CNN it is officially official. It is from mh370.

Xara, Malaysian prime minister confirmed it on a pressor

The press conference will be covered on CNN from France

I saw a grieving family member interviewed on CNN INTL News last night. But it seemed odd to me that she was saying what an emotional shock it was if it was from the missing airliner because her family was 'clinging to hope still.' Seriously? What possible hopes could they be clinging to after all of this time?

World News Tonight ‏@WNTonight · 12m12 minutes ago
BREAKING: Plane part found on Réunion Island is from missing plane #MH370. http://abcn.ws/1MNa8WX
----

Glad they've confirmed it, now to find it and see if the black boxes can be retrieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024