Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH is still on a plane. :( I shouldn't be following this news, but I can't help it.

China Southern, who jointly shared the route with Malaysian Airlines in what is termed in the industry a 'code share', said in a statement it had sold tickets to one Austrian and one Italian.

The airline confirmed it had sold seven tickets in all, including one to a Chinese passenger, one Dutch, 2 Ukranian and one Malaysian.

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/artic...sed-buy-two-tickets-malaysia-airlines-missing

I wondering about some sort of terrorist action, considering the stolen passports. What are the chances that two passengers (or more?) are on the same flight?

The issue, though, about an explosion: I wouldn't think there would be oil slicks, as the oil would be scattered about more? Just a thought. Anyone know?

Not a pilot, but I would have thought oil slicks are common with plane crashes, unless the fuel tanks remain undamaged and just leak very slowly over the years, from the ocean bed.

The debris field makes it highly suspicious. If that's been seen, I'd have thought they would be certain by now - the debris from the plane will be easily identifiable.

I wondering about some sort of terrorist action, considering the stolen passports. What are the chances that two passengers (or more?) are on the same flight?

The issue, though, about an explosion: I wouldn't think there would be oil slicks, as the oil would be scattered about more? Just a thought. Anyone know?

Interesting to note that the Austrian and Italian passport were stolen in Thailand. I know Thailand has had problems with Muslims extremists.

If there was an explosion large enough the blow a hole in the side of the plane, but not large enough to blow it to pieces, I would think that would account for the sudden veer right, the drop in altitude and the lack of mayday. The plane would suddenly go down, fuel tanks could remain intact until entering the water. Of course, totally MOO.

I don't know how it works in other countries, in particular other Asian countries but don't passengers need a visa to visit China? Don't airlines check passports not just for identity but that the person has the proper visa to gain entry to the country they are flying to?

Not a pilot, but I would have thought oil slicks are common with plane crashes, unless the fuel tanks remain undamaged and just leak very slowly over the years, from the ocean bed.

The debris field makes it highly suspicious. If that's been seen, I'd have thought they would be certain by now - the debris from the plane will be easily identifiable.

The area where Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 crashed in the South China Sea is shallow, around 150 to 250 feet deep.

How were the two stolen passports not noticed?! Not one, but TWO! Yikes. This really disturbs me.

My prayers go out to everyone on board and their families. I can't imagine the feeling of unknown.

I don't know how it works in other countries, in particular other Asian countries but don't passengers need a visa to visit China? Don't airlines check passports not just for identity but that the person has the proper visa to gain entry to the country they are flying to?

Yes, you would need a visa to visit China.

China Embassy
http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84246.htm

Another article says that in August 2012, the Boeing 777-200 collided with a plane of China Eastern Airlines at the Shanghai Pudong Airport. The tip of the right wing broke off. The accident report merely noted: "ground collision between two aircrafts."

I would assume the damage was repaired immediately, but unfortunately, the level of information is quite low.

The area where Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 crashed in the South China Sea is shallow, around 150 to 250 feet deep.

That seems to be shallow enough for electronic locator transmitters to be detected.

this is very concerning.. you need a lot of different documentation to get a visa (unless the passports had a recent visa that is.. as Mister Nurse's business visa for China is good for one year of travel and then it will have to be re-applied for.. hope that helps)

The one passport was reported stolen in August so the Visa would still check out... not sure about the other one. Will have to check around a bit more

I'm wrong about debris being easy to spot. In the Air France crash, pallets thrown overboard from a ship were mistaken for plane debris. Whoever chucked that wasn't adhering to the Maritime Code....Looking at the picture of that old pallet, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I think safety rules mean passengers are told not to inflate their lifejackets inside the plane, so it may be sometime before bodies surface.

Would help if I'd remembered to put the link in.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Environmen...e-wreckage-spotlights-problem-of-ocean-debris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back