Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC Satellites or on a course, mostly a 24 hr course to the same area. They can be taken off of their course but it is big doings and not just for any reason. It takes time for the satellite to redirect its self from commands made from the ground. They must have good reason to believe this could be it if they are moving a satellites course. jmo

I'm not doubting that it takes a little bit of time and some seriously smart cookies who are trig, physics and maths geniuses at the controls to move a satellite from one place in orbit to another without doing their best impression of the movie "Gravity" with several billion dollars of high tech kit being sent off to Alpha Centuri - but they can orbit the entire earth in around an hr in the space station, which is doing something like 25,000KPH in the opposite direction to our plannets spin that is going 40,000KPH the other way (totally figures off the top of my head, probably not complete fact lol) ... and I have no doubt that a few of them are sitting overhead China and the SE region... or just slightly to the left over Middle east... likely multiple in fact...

To move it a little south on the globe is relatively short in distance when your at 380,000 km above the earths surface and just north of the equator... consider the scope of field it would have in its view from that distance!! :) probably wouldnt even have to move it in fact, just point the camera .05 of a degree downwards from Kim Jong and his oppressive mates for a few snaps ;)

Just adding this as it's the best map I've seen (many of them cut Africa off and this gave me my bearings better)

The red circle is the satellite ping from 8:11am
The black circle is the max distance as per fuel levels

Seems like the spot they are searching is just outside the black line but the satellite would be bang on. They tally up.

Ish.

Attachments

• MH370-satellites.jpg
    MH370-satellites.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 95
Just adding this as it's the best map I've seen (many of them cut Africa off and this gave me my bearings better)

The red circle is the satellite ping from 8:11am
The black circle is the max distance as per fuel levels

Seems like the spot they are searching is just outside the black line but the satellite would be bang on. They tally up.

Ish.

Yes, it would appear based on where they took the satellite photos that the plane flew until it ran out of gas?

___

In the first few minutes of the long, mysterious vanishing of the big, Beijing-bound Malaysian jet, abnormal and deliberate changes to the course of the Boeing 777 were keyed into the cockpit’s flight computer and vital communications systems were switched off and silenced.

Very little is known about the next seven-plus hours except the jet was still flying – possibly with everyone on board dead or incapacitated – before it ran out of fuel and plunged, likely into the southern Indian Ocean, one of the planet’s remotest places.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...n-malaysian-aircraft-mystery/article17583515/

Yes, it would appear based on where they took the satellite photos that the plane flew until it ran out of gas?

I'd say so.

So, theories as to what happened? Either something which incapacited the crew and left the plane on autopilot. Or suicide by one of the pilots or A.N.Other person.

Pretty sure now it wasn't stolen for some nefarious purpose, unless there's a terrorist cell in Antarctica that I've not heard of. I've looked on a map, there's nothing else in that direction.

I'm as confused as I was in thread 1.

I'd say so.

So, theories as to what happened? Either something which incapacited the crew and left the plane on autopilot. Or suicide by one of the pilots or A.N.Other person.

Pretty sure now it wasn't stolen for some nefarious purpose, unless there's a terrorist cell in Antarctica that I've not heard of. I've looked on a map, there's nothing else in that direction.

I'm as confused as I was in thread 1.

After spending almost 2 weeks following this story, my biggest fear now when flying will not be mechanical or terrorism, but Pilot Suicide.

Just finished the PDF. That, along with the videos, tells me that any tiny thing can cause a plane to crash. It can be wrong part, part malfunction, something to do with the body of the plane, fuel issues, air issues, human error, nature, just about any tiny thing. Please do not distract pilots! It seems like a nano-second can make a difference. Thank goodness I have no desire to fly a plane, I couldn't do it. It must be an incredibly stressful job to fly a plane, much less a plane with many people on it.

It should be a slow news day if it's going to take 2 or 3 days to confirm these pieces (or at least FIND them first) or if Malaysia finds the plane in Kazakhstan, or we hear back about the game logs.

I think that's the only 3 things we are waiting on. No new findings elsewhere.

It should be a slow news day if it's going to take 2 or 3 days to confirm these pieces (or at least FIND them first) or if Malaysia finds the plane in Kazakhstan.

I think there's a ship on site right now. They just have to find the stuff from a photo four days ago.

Thank goodness I have no desire to fly a plane, I couldn't do it. It must be an incredibly stressful job to fly a plane, much less a plane with many people on it.

I would fly a plane. I am the worst back seat driver.

Hearing some speculation about the chance that people could have survived a crash like this one may have been...is that alleged due to the "drifting" factor, when changes in altitude would be at a much slower pace? So that it would be more like an actual "landing"? But if so, how does this fit with the plane have allegedly gone up to 45,000 feet earlier in a way that might have incapacitated everyone? Guess I am confused about changes in altitude/ability to stay alive, and if there would be any real chance of anyone surviving.

IMO I can't see how there would be survivors until impact...if it took a very long time for plane to hit the ocean, I almost hope not...what terror that must have been.

JMO

CNN says that a Norwegian ship has arrived at the debris area.

Well, I went to bed just after the possible debri were located. Waking up and checking in I am extremely disappointed with the images. I mean, how in the world could anybody possibly guess it had anything to do with the plane. It's is literally a "blob" like the guy at the press conference said. Disappointing. They have got to have better images right?

Discuss the topic at hand - not other members! thanks

IF (big if) this debris is from MH370, my take is it's an attempted hijacking gone awry. The hijacking successfully turned left to heat west, but then something happened, resulting in the plane flying without a (trained) human pilot until it ran out of gas.

And if that's the case, I pray everyone was dead for the entirety of the flight.

CNN says that a Norwegian ship has arrived at the debris area.

Relying on CNN again?? :p

The Norwegian car carrier Hoegh St. Petersburg has reached the area in the southern Indian Ocean off Australia where two floating objects, suspected to be debris from the missing Malaysian jetliner, were spotted, the ship owner’s said on Thursday.

Höegh Autoliners, the vessel’s owner and the Norwegian Ship-owners Association will hold a joint press conference today at 2:30pm Oslo time.

http://www.euronews.com/2014/03/20/...till-to-be-confirmed-says-malaysian-minister/

Joint press conference? I wonder with who??

bbm

What happens if a plane is on autopilot and left to fly until the fuel runs out? Would it drop like a stone, would it drift on empty, what would the "landing" be like?

After spending almost 2 weeks following this story, my biggest fear now when flying will not be mechanical or terrorism, but Pilot Suicide.
Call ahead to find out the pilot and co-pilots of flights and vet them here before you travel. ;) We can probably find out their dog's nemesis and other pertinent info.

Morning all -

Well I can't say I'm surprised to see no news yet. Seems to be the norm in this tragedy.

Are those really the satellite images they're going on? They look like the other things which have turned out to be nothing. So I am thinking they must have a better image from a "secret" satellite? Maybe they actually saw it with the secret satellite, but they just gave the images from the "regular" satellite?

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member