Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CCTVNEWS ‏@cctvnews 14m
China’s SASTIND has detected suspected a floating object 22m-long and 13m-wide in southern Indian Ocean.#MH370 https://pic.twitter.com/ngy1Wo12YL

Wow, that doesn't look like a wave cap like the previous blobs. Can someone who is good with co ordinates do a comparison of the ones on that twitter pic with the previous blob co ordinates. I couldn't see an obvious date on the latest pic.

It has been reported that Thailand has since indicated they had an unidentified aircraft in view. If they had been alerted to MH-370's situation perhaps they could have tracked it further or alerted someone (anyone!) about what they were seeing at the time, as opposed to, days later, saying they saw something but never said anything because they weren't asked.

Locating the beginning of the problem is never useless.

It's not up to Vietnam ATC to notify foreign militaries to look for a missing plane.

Protocol for ATC is to notify the airline. They did (with a 70-min. delay).

It's unlikely faster communication would have produced a more effective military response on the part of Vietnam, Thailand or Malaysia. The Thai and Malaysian militaries dropped the ball all on their own by neither noting nor investigating the radar incursion by MH-370. It was their job, not ATC's, to scrutinize the unknown plane and send fighter jets to identify it.

One lesson from this tragedy is that ATC protocol in border areas worldwide should change. Faster communication between nations and immediate alerts to neighboring militaries would be ideal.

Even then, the beginning of the problem was immediately known the night of March 8 -- at 1:22am the plane's transponder went off as it arrived at Igari waypoint.

That knowledge is important in reconstructing what went wrong, but it could not have helped the people on MH-370 on March 8.

THis report is saying "objects". Why is China waiting to send their own forces? There are so many other ships and planes out there!

“The news that I just received is that the Chinese ambassador received satellite image of floating objects in the southern corridor and they will be sending ships to verify,” Hishammuddin told a news briefing in Kuala Lumpur.

It was not immediately clear how many possible objects had been spotted, but the minister said one was estimated at 22 metres by 13 metres.

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/artic...rcraft-find-nothing-search-mh370-indian-ocean

I know, the whole entire thing is odd in just so many ways! The guy in the photo is the guy who went to school with the younger one, therefore a 4th man in the whole thing. He was not on the flight. I find it odd he just happened to live in Kuala Lumpur but maybe he was working with Ali and they were doing this often, or then maybe they went to visit whoever they knew in Asia as a stepping stone, I don't know.

I donb't find it that odd. There's a LOT of money to be made in this sort of trafficking and Malaysia has one of the biggest Iranian expat communities in the world. I would imagine there's a fair bit of trade being facilitated through the country.

THis report is saying "objects". Why is China waiting to send their own forces? There are so many other ships and planes out there!

“The news that I just received is that the Chinese ambassador received satellite image of floating objects in the southern corridor and they will be sending ships to verify,” Hishammuddin told a news briefing in Kuala Lumpur.

It was not immediately clear how many possible objects had been spotted, but the minister said one was estimated at 22 metres by 13 metres.

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/artic...rcraft-find-nothing-search-mh370-indian-ocean

China is already there searching. They are sending their ships and planes from the current area to the new one.

There are presently 2 hours left of daylight in that area. Hopefully they'll be able to see something, but it has probably moved since Wednesday. Three full days is a long time.

China is already there searching. They are sending their ships and planes from the current area to the new one.

There are presently 2 hours left of daylight in that area. Hopefully they'll be able to see something, but it has probably moved since Wednesday. Three full days is a long time.

With the tropical storm and heavy seas could move a lot in one day

According the Xin Hua news agency, the object is in southern Indian Ocean, about 180km from another object discovered by a United States satellite which was revealed by Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott on Thursday.

The Chinese satellite image was taken on March 18 - four days ago - while the earlier image was dated March 16, who shows an object 24m in length.

It is not clear whether the satellite images are depicting the same object or two different objects.

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/257894

I donb't find it that odd. There's a LOT of money to be made in this sort of trafficking and Malaysia has one of the biggest Iranian expat communities in the world. I would imagine there's a fair bit of trade being facilitated through the country.

I completely agree Wolf Dreamer! I just meant the whole missing plane story is odd - I wasn't clear in my post. I fully understand the illegal immigration thing

I know, the whole entire thing is odd in just so many ways! The guy in the photo is the guy who went to school with the younger one, therefore a 4th man in the whole thing. He was not on the flight. I find it odd he just happened to live in Kuala Lumpur but maybe he was working with Ali and they were doing this often, or then maybe they went to visit whoever they knew in Asia as a stepping stone, I don't know.

See, it's this sort of thing that makes me think these 2 young lads are a link to something much wider reaching. There's just too many questions, no chance of any answers. Have looked at the (doctored?) photo so many times, and that makes me wonder too.

I'm hoping for answers, i feel my focus on these boys is directing me away from other puzzle pieces, but i can't get them out of my head - i've even tried writing it down on paper to clear it but it just leaves me more puzzled!

Thanks again waddles, and to all you other super sleuth's trying to solve the worlds biggest puzzle!

on another note, nothing suspicious found in the the deleted logs in the pilot's home simulator:

Forensic experts examining the home flight simulator of Malaysia Airlines pilot Zaharie Ahmad Shah have found nothing suspicious, collapsing the only significant lead investigators have been pursuing to try to solve the mystery disappearance of MH370, police sources say.

Investigators became suspicious last week when they discovered Zaharie, 53, had deleted logs on a computer linked to the simulator on February 3, almost five weeks before the Boeing 777 with 239 people on board inexplicably turned around during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, and was still flying more than seven hours later.

The computer hard drive was sent to FBI experts in the US to search for evidence of some kind of hijacking plot.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/9857746/MH370-pilots-not-suspicious

I am all thumbs when it comes to getting a map with 90 degrees 23 mutes 43 Seconds E and 44 degrees 57 minutes 30 seconds South ((new coordinates of latest photo)) as per a posters request upthread....tried google earth but it doesn't like me

well it's an hour past sunset for Western Australia so I am thinking there won't be any news for at least twelve hours. Keeping hope alive for a positive outcome for the passengers, crew and families.

Coordinates aren't too far from each other:

213731-329c4836-b1ad-11e3-9592-fced9bc5820e.jpg

5434736-Still-No-Sign-Of-Possible-MH370-Debris-In.jpg

Could be the same object.

2 Chinese military planes are already on the ground in Perth & 7 ships on the way. We also have 2 planes from Japan that joined the search today & although it's not mentioned anywhere, Malaysia has military officials in Perth also helping in the search.

NASA said Friday it is stepping up its support for a multinational search in the remote southern Indian Ocean for possible debris from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.

The agency joined the search last week, sending data to the U.S. Geological Survey's Earth Resources Observations and Science Hazard Data Distribution System, which facilitates the sharing of information when the International Charter on Space and Major Disasters is activated.

The charter, which was activated by China on March 11, enlists space data from 15 member organizations to provide assistance in the case of a "natural or technological disaster," CNET.com reported.

A NASA spokesman told Fox News that in light of the satellite sighting of two large objects in the area in the southern Indian Ocean earlier this week, "plans are underway to target NASA space-based assets at that area to acquire imagery within the next few days."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...ea-as-hunt-for-missing-jet-enters-third-week/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez