Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope someone can explain this better than I can. Apparently the plane did make that left turn and I suppose it may have done all those other zigzags and arcs, but if it was not pre-programmed then it was more likely an unexpected emergency. Am I understanding right! Which would mean it wasn't the crew members?

from CNN:

"It is important because it is more consistent (with an emergency). In other words, if the pilots had put in this waypoint that they were going to turn to and that they knew in advance of their last communication that they were going to turn, then everyone was (saying) that this had to be a premeditated act," said Mary Schiavo, a CNN aviation analyst and a former inspector general of the U.S. Department of Transportation. "Now if this information is correct, and it was not premeditated, then it does fit very closely with the scenario that, whatever happened, happened suddenly and they turned perhaps to go back to an emergency airport."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/23/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

Actually Googles regular old street maps (not street VIEW maps) are pretty darn good if you zoom in. I have seen our cars in the driveway (or parked out front) at times when I checked out our house.
The thing is they only do that once a year or so, it's not a daily imaging.

Example, this is just a random view in Kuala Lumpur, I just zoomed in to the max-

View attachment 42222

27ymvs.jpg

ETA- And I think if you put in a specific address, you get an even closer view. The shot of my house looked like I could reach down and touch it. Now that I think about it, does google possibly do the pics taken from planes thing for some of their mapping?

Bunch of info on Google Maps, and its related services (Google Earth, Google Street View, etc).
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Maps"]Google Maps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

It doesn't say anything about using planes though. The aerials could possibly be taken by satellites.

The route at 1:07am was to Beijing and normal when it pinged. The change did not come until after so I don't understand the confusion here.

The pre-programming of an alternate route (standard procedure) took place when the pilot came aboard and was doing his check list...if I am understanding it correctly. It only took a few key strokes to set the new program into motion which happened immediately prior to the turn.

Could the confusion come from at the time the flight took off it was pre-programmed all the way through to Beijing? Then at some point the program was changed?

What do we have as actually confirmed official reports and not just leaks? A lot of stuff people seem to think was confirmed by certain governments was leaks attributed to officials. We have no idea if the media reported the leaked info correctly or if the source was really in the know. Plus a lot of sources said "may" or "looking into" and the media acted as though they said it was confirmed. I'm sure officials have looked into a million conflicting possibilities.

I sure hope someone can explain this better than I can. Apparently the plane did make that left turn and I suppose it may have done all those other zigzags and arcs, but if it was not pre-programmed then it was more likely an unexpected emergency. Am I understanding right! Which would mean it wasn't the crew members?

from CNN:

"It is important because it is more consistent (with an emergency). In other words, if the pilots had put in this waypoint that they were going to turn to and that they knew in advance of their last communication that they were going to turn, then everyone was (saying) that this had to be a premeditated act," said Mary Schiavo, a CNN aviation analyst and a former inspector general of the U.S. Department of Transportation. "Now if this information is correct, and it was not premeditated, then it does fit very closely with the scenario that, whatever happened, happened suddenly and they turned perhaps to go back to an emergency airport."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/23/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

Not buying that scenario, sounds like she needs a hero, like he crashed at sea to save lives. jmo idk

I understand, but this co-pilot, IMO, always said "copy that" when he received instrucitons from ATC.

We see that in the communications which were released.

Every single time (except the last one), when the pilots were asked to do something, he would reply with "copy that," to show them he understood.

It would have been different if he had NOT said "copy that" to the other instructions that ATC gave him.

Then it would be no big deal.

But IMO, it is a red flag to me that he said it every other time (in this segment of communications we have), but did NOT say it one time, the last time.

I woudl be very interested in reading transcripts of his communications with ATC from other flights. That would shed a lot of light, IMO, on the transcript we have of this flight.

However, I doubt that Malaysian officials will EVER release something like that.

JMO.

Totally agree. I posted something similar a while back. I couldn't understand the fuss over 'all right, good night' initially but having seen the transcript, I personally think it speaks words. jmo

The route at 1:07am was to Beijing and normal when it pinged. The change did not come until after so I don't understand the confusion here.

The pre-programming of an alternate route (standard procedure) took place when the pilot came aboard and was doing his check list...if I am understanding it correctly. It only took a few key strokes to set the new program into motion which happened immediately prior to the turn.

Could the confusion come from at the time the flight took off it was pre-programmed all the way through to Beijing? Then at some point the program was changed?

Since I have no clue, I'll add to the questions.

Could the keying in have been the return route, and something got jumbled?

ETA: Videos tell me 2 routes can be keyed in, hence the idea of the return route getting keyed in but something went haywire in the system.

And two passengers boarded using stolen passports: Pouria Nourmohammadi Mehrdad, 19, and Seyed Mohammed Reza Delavar, 29, Iranian men described by Interpol as migrants being smuggled into Europe.

Mohammad Mallaeibasir, 18, an information technology student in Kuala Lumpur, said the pair stayed in his apartment the night before they left. Mr. Mehrdad, a friend from high school in Tehran, told him he was starting a new life in Hamburg, Germany, where his mother was waiting. “He was quite nervous,” Mr. Mallaeibasir recalled. “I could see it on his face.”

The next night, he drove them to the airport and offered to help them check in, but they insisted on entering separately, Mr. Delavar first. The two high school buddies waited in the car for five to 10 minutes, smoking cigarettes, before Mr. Mehrdad got out to leave.

Mr. Mallaeibasir gave him a hug, told him to have a safe flight and watched as his friend carried a large backpack and a laptop computer bag into the terminal. That was the last he saw of him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/23/w...l-both-routine-and-flight-vanish.html?hp&_r=0

By Sunday afternoon, a team of Inmarsat engineers set to work using the principles of trigonometry to determine the distance between the satellite and the plane at the time of each ping, and then to calculate two rough flight paths. The plane, they concluded, had turned again. But it may have then traveled in more or less a straight line, heading north over countries likely to have picked it up on radar, or south toward the Indian Ocean and Antarctica.

bbm

OMG.

Why would the "insist on entering separately?" Why did the other guy wait 5-10 minutes before entering the aiport after his friend?

Yes, it could be because of the stolen passports. They didn't want to enter security together, the guy checking the passports looks at one passport from Italy, one from Austria, and maybe starts asking them questions?

IDK, this is all too strange.

The writing on this shirt is Persian, and was translated through a chum in Lebanon as saying

"The rumors that say there are terrorist Iranian passengers are denied"

Hope this helps?

Persian isn't a language. Persians speak Farsi. Just FYI.

Since I have no clue, I'll add to the questions.

Could the keying in have been the return route, and something got jumbled?
I don't think so. The alternate route specifically had waypoints entered (the reason for the zig zags) and would not have been a normal route to take for a return flight.

The writing on this shirt is Persian, and was translated through a chum in Lebanon as saying

"The rumors that say there are terrorist Iranian passengers are denied"

Hope this helps?

Yikes! My stomach just got tied in knots! Joke, coincidence - just adds more mystery! :tantrum:

Everyone who is confused by the photo of Iranian passengers with Persian writing across the middle guy's chest, that is just print added by whomever published that particular copy. The original photo had no writing. I only posted that particular pic because it seemed a little clearer. All of the pics I posted came from just doing a Google image search. Sorry for the confusion.

Here is a link to an article which includes a photo without writing:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/day-malaysia-airline-passengers-stolen-passports/story?id=22852454

bbm

OMG.

Why would the "insist on entering separately?" Why did the other guy wait 5-10 minutes before entering the airport after his friend?

Yes, it could be because of the stolen passports. They didn't want to enter security together, the guy checking the passports looks at one passport from Italy, one from Austria, and maybe starts asking them questions?

IDK, this is all too strange.
I think you answered your own question. My guess would be they didn't want to be seen together due to the fake passports. So why didn't this Ali character book them on separate flights?!

I think the confusion comes from the fact that Malaysia has asserted that the flight plan was changed after the last voice and ACARS transmissions, while there was some American source which insisted it was before.

Unsure which is fact.

IMO and fully OT - Canada should be deploying most of her naval assets to the Arctic, because eventually Putin will be making a move there, and they’re not really in much of a geographic, or technological position to add much to the already heavy international presence involved in the search. Perhaps we could lend some of our SAR soldiers to spell the other crews which are sure to begin suffering fatigue if they aren’t already.

Yikes! My stomach just got tied in knots! Joke, coincidence - just adds more mystery! :tantrum:

To me it just seems that someone wanted to clear the names of the two men travelling on the stolen passports (because many people believe they are hijackers) so that person altered the photograph by superimposing his comments onto the picture and then posted it online.

That's just a rough translation saying that the two men, in the opinion of the author of the article, are not involved.

BBM
OMG! If I thought I was confused before, I have just thrown my hands up in utter despair. I give up. I just caught the tail end of CNN discussing this ("flight path not altered, normal all the way to Beijing")

If the flight path was not altered, then there was no left turn? is everyone looking in the wrong area? What is going on? Someone tell me I am misunderstanding this flight path route.

There was a left turn.

The question is whether this left turn was pre-programmed into the flight plan computer, or not.

Earlier, it was reported and made a VERY BIG DEAL about that the left turn was pre-programmed into the computer. It was reported that the ACARS data transmission from 1:07 showed that the turn was pre-programmed into the computer, so that means it would have had to have been programmed in sometime before 1:07.

However, the latest report is that the ACARS transmission from 1:07 showed "regular" flight plan route to Beijing. It does not say anything about any change of course being pre-programmed in.

It all makes for confusion.

Persian isn't a language. Persians speak Farsi. Just FYI.

This is another reason i should refrain from posting, as i hate being criticised for trying to help.

I asked a Malaysian friend - he said It was Arabic
I asked an Egyptian friend - he said it wasn't Arabic, possibly Parshi or Persian
I asked a Lebanese friend - he said it was indeed Persian language

Persia no longer exists, i believe it is now known as Iran.

I tried to help, I'm sorry I'm not as knowledgeable in languages as you are. Maybe you could have translated it yourself for us?

I think in future i'll stick to lurking & not try to be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member