Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a left turn.

The question is whether this left turn was pre-programmed into the flight plan computer, or not.

Earlier, it was reported and made a VERY BIG DEAL about that the left turn was pre-programmed into the computer. It was reported that the ACARS data transmission from 1:07 showed that the turn was pre-programmed into the computer, so that means it would have had to have been programmed in sometime before 1:07.

However, the latest report is that the ACARS transmission from 1:07 DID NOT showed "regular" flight plan route to Beijing. It does not say anything about any change of course being pre-programmed in.

It all makes for confusion.

BBM

Thank you! Can't keep up on weekends, too many chores, but this needs to be known. I think I am not the only one with other things going on and skimming over news.

Can we add a link and bold that part?

If the journalists in the media can throw around all kinds of theories, some certainly far-fetched and wild, then surely we can "think aloud" too.

They have completely denigrated Captain Shah's character, with absoutely no solid evidence linking him to any of this.

JMO.

AGREE. Guess no one should send FOX links, because they are always harping about mainstream media........which they consider themselves NOT to be! jmo

This is another reason i should refrain from posting, as i hate being criticised for trying to help.

I asked a Malaysian friend - he said It was Arabic
I asked an Egyptian friend - he said it wasn't Arabic, possibly Parshi or Persian
I asked a Lebanese friend - he said it was indeed Persian language

Persia no longer exists, i believe it is now known as Iran.

I tried to help, I'm sorry I'm not as knowledgeable in languages as you are. Maybe you could have translated it yourself for us?

I think in future i'll stick to lurking & not try to be helpful.

Mumma, I don't think you have been criticized! If you have, I will apologize for all. We needed, and GREATLY appreciate. Please do not feel shunned.

We welcome you with wide open eagerness. :) (ETA: Yep, Persia is Iran. And some would call Persian - Parsi, wiki link): [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parsi"]Parsi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] ETA, again, I had friends in the '80's and 90's that still said they were from Persia, that is because they moved to the U.S. when very young.

:wagon: :tyou:

Malaysia-Airlines-Flight-370-mystery-passengers-665x385.jpg

INTERPOL-Tehran-identifies-two-Iranian-nationals-who-used-legal-documents-ahead-of-flight-MH-370.jpg

Iranians-onboard-missing-Malaysian-plane-HR.jpg

Thanks for posting.
Does anyone see a large backpack? I see laptop bags, but, not backpacks.

I think you answered your own question. My guess would be they didn't want to be seen together due to the fake passports. So why didn't this Ali character book them on separate flights?!

bbm

Now THAT is the Question of the Day!

I guess they just really, really wanted to be on that flight together.

The problem is that this fake passport issue overlaps with hijacking issue.

As in this situation - the insistence on enteriing separately could be related to fake passports, or it could be related to hijacking/terrorism.

The fake passports and the terrorism/hijacking overlap in some areas. Making it difficult for us to sort out any clues we get about the Iranian men.

JMO.

Persian isn't a language. Persians speak Farsi. Just FYI.

Mallaeibasir said that when Pouria and Reza were staying at his house, he heard them briefly talking to an "Ali" on the phone.

"The last night when they were in my home they were talking on the phone for a long time. They were talking in Persian, in their room, and I heard them say 'OK Ali' like that in Persian. I didn't understand because it was like, five seconds. I went into the room to take water from my fridge and I came out and they said, 'Be quiet, we're talking.'"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/23/mh370-poor-visibility-indian-ocean-search-effort

bbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
The route at 1:07am was to Beijing and normal when it pinged. The change did not come until after so I don't understand the confusion here.

The pre-programming of an alternate route (standard procedure) took place when the pilot came aboard and was doing his check list...if I am understanding it correctly. It only took a few key strokes to set the new program into motion which happened immediately prior to the turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop
Could the confusion come from at the time the flight took off it was pre-programmed all the way through to Beijing? Then at some point the program was changed?
----

Thanks, LambChop and SeriouslySearching. Something along your thoughts is probably closer to the truth than what I was imagining.

I just checked and some Royal Canadian Navy ships just finished a joint training operation with the US and other countries off the eastern seaboard

HMCS Kingston and Glace Bay are or were in the Caribbean ...operation caribe..helping with illegal trafficking

I think the website only lists the current/active operations.
Probably why those ones weren't listed.

The writing on this shirt is Persian, and was translated through a chum in Lebanon as saying

"The rumors that say there are terrorist Iranian passengers are denied"

Hope this helps?

EEK! Do you think he was kidding with you?

This is another reason i should refrain from posting, as i hate being criticised for trying to help.

I asked a Malaysian friend - he said It was Arabic
I asked an Egyptian friend - he said it wasn't Arabic, possibly Parshi or Persian
I asked a Lebanese friend - he said it was indeed Persian language

Persia no longer exists, i believe it is now known as Iran.

I tried to help, I'm sorry I'm not as knowledgeable in languages as you are. Maybe you could have translated it yourself for us?

I think in future i'll stick to lurking & not try to be helpful.

Everyone's insight is useful, IMO!

Everyone that is confused by the photo of Iranian passengers with Persian writing across the middle guy's chest, that is just print added by whomever published that particular copy. The original photo had no writing. I only posted that particular pic because it seemed a little clearer. All of the pics I posted came from just doing a Google image search. Sorry for the confusion.

Here is a link to an article which includes a photo without writing:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/day-malaysia-airline-passengers-stolen-passports/story?id=22852454
I would think a guy traveling on a fake passport and worried about being seen with his buddy...would be smart enough not to wear a t-shirt with Farsi on the front. ;) Was he the one with the Italian passport? I forget (we need a thread for the passport guys to keep things straight...hint hint)

ETA: Yes...I am aware it was a comment we were discussing on the photo and not his shirt. ;) I was only pointing out the obvious.

There was a left turn.

The question is whether this left turn was pre-programmed into the flight plan computer, or not.

Earlier, it was reported and made a VERY BIG DEAL about that the left turn was pre-programmed into the computer. It was reported that the ACARS data transmission from 1:07 showed that the turn was pre-programmed into the computer, so that means it would have had to have been programmed in sometime before 1:07.

However, the latest report is that the ACARS transmission from 1:07 showed "regular" flight plan route to Beijing. It does not say anything about any change of course being pre-programmed in.

Oh, yes I understand now. Thank you aa9511. I think my brain is now on such overload with hearing one version only to have it retracted so often that I don't know up from down any more. You explained this well for my comprehension. Much appreciate that!

So.... who programmed it and when is still a question.

Everyone needs to chill a tad.

I think Jaime was just pointing out that technically it is Farsi that Iranians speak.
Being in LA, Jaime likely is very familiar with it as LA area has the largest population of Iranians in the USA.
I do not think he meant any harm Mumma.

Also, the quote from the person who overheard the phone conversation does not confirm the language to be "Persian", it just confirms that that particular person called the language Perisan. KWIM?

ETA-to put it all to rest, from Merc's Wiki link-

The word "Parsi" in the Persian language literally means Persian. Persian is the official language of modern Iran, which is also known as Persia. The language (Parsi) is commonly referred to as Farsi, the reason being that, after the Arab invasion of Persia, because of the absence of the "P / G / Zh / Ch" sounds in the Arabic language, Parsi became Farsi.

See? Everyone is right
:)

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_language"]Persian language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Persian (فارسی) is an Iranian language within the Indo-Iranian branch of the Indo-European languages.

Persian is so called because it originated from Persis (Pars) with the advent of the Achaemenid Empire, hence the name Persian (Parsi or Farsi).

INMARSAT satellite ping updates

For anyone who missed it, yesterday on the previous thread user NuttyMare passed on new information from the satellite maker (INMARSAT) discussed by aviation reporter Jeff Wise on CNN.

Wise published an article on Slate with the story. If you want to understand the very latest (as of yesterday) interpretation of the plane's possible location from the satellite pings, it's a great read. An even better, more detailed version with lots of maps and graphs is on Wise's own blog (linked at end of Slate article).

INMARSAT analysts say now:

-- The satellite pings were definitely MH-370. They are coded as such, can't be faked.
-- MH-370 gave off SEVEN pings, once every hour from 2:11am to 8:11am.
-- MH-370 moved farther AWAY from the satellite with each ping.
-- MH-370 did not travel west across the Indian Ocean.
-- If it traveled north, it crossed the coast near Bangladesh, possibly across its border with India or the other side with Burma(Myanmar). At 8:11am it was in the Kazakhstan area with at most an hour of flying time left.
-- If it traveled south, it crossed Indonesian military radar airspace. At 8:11am it was in/near the area of the southern Indian Ocean currently being searched.
Reading Wise's blog, I see the pings are on fewer circles which suggests the pings could have potentially overlapped.
Southern-crop.jpg

Agreed! (At least to fit what Inmarsat says now).
Since the plane moved steadily away from the satellite every hour, I doubt it had time to land anywhere and take off again before 8:11am. If it landed and took off later, it was after 8:11am, and maybe even days later, when someone expert got in the avionics bay and disabled the ACARS pings coming from the Inmarsat box. If the ping data is right, the plane passed the Andaman Islands around 12:30am local time March 8 and was never near there again.

I don't believe the plane landed either. I was trying to figure out why (Najib?) said early on the plane may have landed before taking off again - in light of new information, if the pings stayed on the same circle for a period of time (which is looking true) may have given that impression. eta: I seem to remember, afterwards, we heard how the pings were still generated as long as the plane's engine stayed on.

Everyone who is confused by the photo of Iranian passengers with Persian writing across the middle guy's chest, that is just print added by whomever published that particular copy. The original photo had no writing. I only posted that particular pic because it seemed a little clearer. All of the pics I posted came from just doing a Google image search. Sorry for the confusion.

Here is a link to an article which includes a photo without writing:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/day-malaysia-airline-passengers-stolen-passports/story?id=22852454

:bump: Bumping this one because there still seem to be questions about the shirt and what it says. The printing is not actually on the shirt, it's overlayed on the picture. And the guy wearing the shirt in question was not one of the ones on the flight. HTH. :seeya:

There was a left turn.

However, the latest report is that the ACARS transmission from 1:07 showed "regular" flight plan route to Beijing. It does not say anything about any change of course being pre-programmed in.

Ha! The media is always confused. I try to take it all in and figure out what is logical to believe. To me, it makes sense any changes happened after the last ACARS transmission prior to when the next one was due (but never took place as it was shut down) and the turn was definitely not part of the planned route to Beijing. It also seems logical to me the actual turn was not done via the pilots and was the first leg of the new alternate course (pre-programmed) because it went directly to the first waypoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member