Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
The route at 1:07am was to Beijing and normal when it pinged. The change did not come until after so I don't understand the confusion here.

The pre-programming of an alternate route (standard procedure) took place when the pilot came aboard and was doing his check list...if I am understanding it correctly. It only took a few key strokes to set the new program into motion which happened immediately prior to the turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop
Could the confusion come from at the time the flight took off it was pre-programmed all the way through to Beijing? Then at some point the program was changed?
----

Thanks, LambChop and SeriouslySearching. Something along your thoughts is probably closer to the truth than what I was imagining.

The re-programming is a bit confusing as reported.

This "new" updated timeline (CNN) shows the course change being programmed sometime after takeoff @ 12:41 AM and before 1:07(?); then detected between 1:21 and 1:28.

Persian isn't a language. Persians speak Farsi. Just FYI.

Persians speak Farsi, but we refer to the language as Persian. It is not incorrect to refer to the language spoken as Persian as we are speaking in English.

Ha! The media is always confused. I try to take it all in and figure out what is logical to believe. To me, it makes sense any changes happened after the last ACARS transmission prior to when the next one was due (but never took place as it was shut down) and the turn was definitely not part of the planned route to Beijing. It also seems logical to me the actual turn was not done via the pilots and was the first leg of the new alternate course (pre-programmed) because it went directly to the first waypoint.

But didn't ATC tell the pilot/FO to target that first waypoint (Igari) in the transcript? Wouldn't that imply that the plane was heading there anyways as part of its intended travel path?

Totally agree. I posted something similar a while back. I couldn't understand the fuss over 'all right, good night' initially but having seen the transcript, I personally think it speaks words. jmo

When I read the transcript, the "Alright, good night. " jumped out at me too; however, I think it was said early on that the transcript had been translated a couple of times. I have no idea if that's true, but if so, that could account for that part sounding so different from the rest. Also, it's a very small sample of how the co-pilot usually converses. Good to keep this in mind, methinks.

bbm

OMG.

Why would the "insist on entering separately?" Why did the other guy wait 5-10 minutes before entering the aiport after his friend?

Yes, it could be because of the stolen passports. They didn't want to enter security together, the guy checking the passports looks at one passport from Italy, one from Austria, and maybe starts asking them questions?

IDK, this is all too strange.
That was my impression. They did not want to go through security/passport checks together as they both held stolen passports. Just out of curiosity if the passport photos had been altered, or if they had chosen passports which closely resembled themselves? We'll likely never know now.

MOO

But didn't ATC tell the pilot/FO to target that first waypoint (Igari) in the transcript? Wouldn't that imply that the plane was heading there anyways as part of its intended travel path?
Do we know for certain that is the actual transcript? From what I have seen so far it has not been verified and only denied by people in charge. I am not going to put a lot of stock into the transmission report unless we can get some confirmation.

snipped
The French satellite images themselves had not been released or described by Malaysia, France or Australia hours after the announcement of their existence.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...ea-as-hunt-for-missing-jet-enters-third-week/

But a Malaysian official involved in the search mission said the images were captured Friday and pinpointed objects about 575 miles north of the spots where the objects in the images released by Australia and China were located.

When I read the transcript, the "Alright, good night. " jumped out at me too; however, I think it was said early on that the transcript had been translated a couple of times. I have no idea if that's true, but if so, that could account for that part sounding so different from the rest. Also, it's a very small sample of how the co-pilot usually converses. Good to keep this in mind, methinks.

Since we have an unofficial version (with a disclaimer, and Malaysia says it is not official, and we were told English "all right good night"), I still see nothing in that. Regardless what language, regardless what translation. I see nothing in it. Just the norm. I could be wrong, I am not a pilot, much less one for many countries and barriers, but it is a red herring tossed by media spin IMO.

I would think a guy traveling on a fake passport and worried about being seen with his buddy...would be smart enough not to wear a t-shirt with Farsi on the front. ;) Was he the one with the Italian passport? I forget (we need a thread for the passport guys to keep things straight...hint hint)

ETA: Yes...I am aware it was a comment we were discussing on the photo and not his shirt. ;) I was only pointing out the obvious.

The writing was added after the plane disappeared by whoever posted the article. It was not on his shirt.

I think you answered your own question. My guess would be they didn't want to be seen together due to the fake passports. So why didn't this Ali character book them on separate flights?!

Most likely was trying to get them the least expensive airfare?

MOO

Do we know for certain that is the actual transcript? From what I have seen so far it has not been verified and only denied by people in charge. I am not going to put a lot of stock into the transmission report unless we can get some confirmation.

I don't know for sure if it's the actual transcript.
Even if the people in charge have denied it as being legit, doesn't mean it isn't. Those in charge have been denying a lot of stuff in this case. One day they say one thing, the next they're denying it.

It would be nice if we could hear the ATC recording...

The re-programming is a bit confusing as reported.

This "new" updated timeline (CNN) shows the course change being programmed sometime after takeoff @ 12:41 AM and before 1:07(?); then detected between 1:21 and 1:28.

And I think they are wrong on their assumption the altered course could have been put into play prior to the ACARS transmission. However, the alternate course was indeed entered into the system after takeoff as SOP.

Passport photos, like any other photo i.d., can and have been changed quite well, for a price. Some people can paint on straight pin heads, some can make i.d.s look unaltered, some bleach money and reprint a higher number value. Amazing, scary, but true. Tiny things are not difficult in areas that are proficient at them anyway.

Thanks! Again, I'm just curious. The one man does slightly resemble the Italian whose passport was stolen. Guess it just depends how elaborate the operation is.

MOO

This is another reason i should refrain from posting, as i hate being criticised for trying to help.

I asked a Malaysian friend - he said It was Arabic
I asked an Egyptian friend - he said it wasn't Arabic, possibly Parshi or Persian
I asked a Lebanese friend - he said it was indeed Persian language

Persia no longer exists, i believe it is now known as Iran.

I tried to help, I'm sorry I'm not as knowledgeable in languages as you are. Maybe you could have translated it yourself for us?

I think in future i'll stick to lurking & not try to be helpful.

MummaP, please don't feel attacked or put down. The poster was not undermining you, just offering a different view on something.

These threads are moving very fast and people are throwing ideas and facts around. Sometimes replies are short and sweet to get a point across, it's not personal.

Don't refrain from posting! The facts are very contradictory in this case, whatever your theory is regarding what happened there will be people who agree with you and people who think you are completely wrong. They'll tell you either way, that's a good thing as it keeps us all questioning our own views and challenging the facts. :)

BBM.
I guess we'll never know :facepalm:
Last week it was said the plane was pre-programmed. Now this?! It WASN'T pre-programmed?!
The truth would be verrrry helpful in figuring out what happened to this plane!

BBM: I think we are going to be told they cannot find it...no matter what

Hopefully the pallets and straps have identifying marks on them that can be matched to the fruit cargo. I would imagine though that pallets are not uncommon in shipping containers and therefore debris in the sea.
Let's hope the ships pick them up soon. I think they would send photos of them to the Malaysian government who would ask the fruit exporter to see if they can identify them. That could be done quickly.

BBM:

I did not think fruit could be transported from one country to another.

*I know you are posting about fruit that would have been on pallets in the cargo hold, but even regular passengers are not allowed to bring fruit from another country in through Customs. At any rate, fruit would not bring in enough revenue to justify it being jetted to another country, IMO.

MOO

That was my impression. They did not want to go through security/passport checks together as they both held stolen passports. Just out of curiosity if the passport photos had been altered, or if they had chosen passports which closely resembled themselves? We'll likely never know now.

MOO

Well, one might have gotten away with no alteration, but the one using the Austrian passport HAD to have changed the picture-

Italian-

xqibk4.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26531175

Austrian-

2afil3n.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/world/bl...rch-refocused-on-malacca-straits-live-updates

ETA- I am going to assume these are their replacement passports they are holding? Unless they both happened to have pictures of themselves with their old/stolen passports....which is entirely possible I guess. I know that online gambling sites sometimes ask for a picture of you with some form of ID for verification purposes (NOT in the USA of course, where it is illegal).

Mallaeibasir said that when Pouria and Reza were staying at his house, he heard them briefly talking to an "Ali" on the phone.

"The last night when they were in my home they were talking on the phone for a long time. They were talking in Persian, in their room, and I heard them say 'OK Ali' like that in Persian. I didn't understand because it was like, five seconds. I went into the room to take water from my fridge and I came out and they said, 'Be quiet, we're talking.'"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/23/mh370-poor-visibility-indian-ocean-search-effort

bbm

BBM: :banghead: these boys sound like they really appreciated this mans hospitality ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018