Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're probably right--there's so little to go on, they have to pay attention to almost anything that could possibly be related. It's an unfortunate loss of momentum, though, if it turns out to be unrelated.

And, my favorite theory.... they don't want hijackers to know they are looking elsewhere simultaneously!

Who knows?

But who knows why things like this happen in the first place?

But it could be ACT 2 in this event...

Targeting a large group of influential people with a very large "bomb" (jet filled with explosives/etc.)

:dunno:

Will there be many from the US attending/participating in that event?

This is what I am thinking, too. I think the transponder system failed. In fact, I think everything failed, including the oxygen delivery system, or some other hypoxia event, as SeriouslySearching mentioned (which I think is genius, by the way).

Question: Have we heard when this Plane last had it's Safety Check? How old was this Plane? Was everything on board okay.....or any safety infractions on it? When was it serviced and checked over? How many flights has it done?

Just wondering??

Caution-02-june.gif

“The only way someone on the ground would know that you’d made changes to the flight management system is by studying the info broadcast by the ACARS,” he says. If the ACARS is shut off, air traffic control would not immediately know whether someone had programmed new instructions into the flight management system.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ht-370-highlights-flaws-in-aircraft-tracking/

Yes, apparently (from what I've read) it was the final ACARS broadcast they got (1:07 AM) that informed them the flight plan had been changed (to head west). The plane had not yet turned at that point, but the programmed change was evident in the ACARS info.

First of all......Pray for the 239 people

I Ponder these days ..................... WHY?

~ WHY do Automobiles have On-Star GPS Tracking device and Planes do not?

~ WHY can Professional company find my car faster this way than they can find a Plane?

~ WHY is it I can find my cell phone via GPS Tracking, but we can not find a Plane?

~ WHY is it that Planes are painted Silver or Grey? Why are they not painted Bright Red, Orange, yellow or some other color that stands out more?

~ WHY can't Planes be painted with High Luminous paint stripes to see easier in the dark, or under water? Green luminous ALGAE in the water can be seen under-water (and I might add) from the Sky?

~ WHY can tracking confetti be put into Farmer's Grain (so it is able to be traced if stolen) then found -- and a Plane can Not be? Why can't plane inside walls of a Plane have something similar to float on water if such a disaster? Be a DYE to color the water, or simple Buoy type of things (small) that will float if it hits the water and breaks apart. These could in inside plane walls

~ WHY can My CAT and DOG have a Micro-chip in them -- be found and returned?

~ WHY can MY car Keys have GPS on them, but a Plane does not have several GPS on it should it break up in a Tragedy?

~ WHY can we communicate with the *Rover on MARS* but can Not communicate with a Black Box to find it's location?

~ WHY don't Planes have Mirrors under them in case of another Plane can/does hide under it? This is called Shadowing, to go undetected. Is this not something that should be NOW considered?

~ WHY can't a Plane have a Satellite Dish on it? My friends home has one, their cabin, and so does their RV?

~ WHY do my keys, my car, and my Cell phone have tracking devices on it?

~ Also WHY can't anyone cell phone that was ON the plane not be able to see if it can be found via GPS via a cell phone that may have been on?

~ Why isn't the Black Box made to Float?

~ Why does the Black Box it is made to sink, have the capability then to release a tracking DYE from it -- once it comes off it Platform on the Plane?

~ Why doesn't the Black box have a Heat detecting device also in it?

It may cost $$$ to do some of these things, but it also costs $$ to search for it and the People too. Human Life does have a value.

Why, why, why?

Some of these may be far-fetched.....but I am trying to make a point in all this confusion of this Plane. Sometime it does not make any sense to me...but I am NOT a Geek to know all the answers either

We really need to update our thinking for Planes when things like this happen. What do you think??

This is NOT a Political debate on the things happening right now -- This POST is just for you to throw out ideas of what new ways (ideas) Planes might be able to be updated to help in something like this.

What ideas do you have??

B1-01-june.gif

Excellent ideas!! I too wondered why the hell there aren't buoys of some desciption that can send out a beacon. I thought the seats were meant to float? Could it possibly be that the plane went down intact somehow?! It just seems totally and utterly mad that a plane can get lost. Many lessons to be learnt.

Question: Have we heard when this Plane last had it's Safety Check? How old was this Plane? Was everything on board okay.....or any safety infractions on it? When was it serviced and checked over? How many flights has it done?

Just wondering??

Caution-02-june.gif

The plane was 12 yrs old. It had a repair to a damaged wing tip, that's all I remember. I'll see if I can find a link.

Here you go, from the ever-expanding Wikipedia link:

AIRCRAFT

Flight 370 was operated with a Boeing 777-2H6ER, serial number 28420, registration 9M-MRO. The 404th Boeing 777 produced,[156] it first flew on 14 May 2002, and was delivered new to Malaysia Airlines on 31 May 2002. The aircraft is powered by two Rolls-Royce Trent 892 engines,[156] and is configured to carry 282 passengers – 35 in business class and 247 in economy.[157] 9M-MRO had accumulated 53,460 hours and 7,525 cycles in service,[158] and had not previously been involved in any major incidents,[159] though a minor incident while taxiing at Shanghai Pudong International Airport in August 2012 resulted in a broken wingtip.[160] Its last maintenance 'A' check was carried out on 23 February 2014.[158]

The Boeing 777 is generally regarded by aviation experts as having an "almost flawless" safety record,[161] one of the best of any commercial aircraft.[162] Since its first commercial flight in June 1995, there have been only two serious accidents, in 2008 with British Airways Flight 38 and in 2013 with Asiana Airlines Flight 214.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370

Just wondering??

Caution-02-june.gif

From wiki, yeah, I know it is wiki. BBM and check the sentence before the Feb 23 maintenance check:

Flight 370 was operated with a Boeing 777-2H6ER, serial number 28420, registration 9M-MRO. The 404th Boeing 777 produced,[156] it first flew on 14 May 2002, and was delivered new to Malaysia Airlines on 31 May 2002. The aircraft is powered by two Rolls-Royce Trent 892 engines,[156] and is configured to carry 282 passengers – 35 in business class and 247 in economy.[157] 9M-MRO had accumulated 53,460 hours and 7,525 cycles in service,[158] and had not previously been involved in any major incidents,[159] though a minor incident while taxiing at Shanghai Pudong International Airport in August 2012 resulted in a broken wingtip.[160] Its last maintenance 'A' check was carried out on 23 February 2014.[158]
The Boeing 777 is generally regarded by aviation experts as having an "almost flawless" safety record,[161] one of the best of any commercial aircraft.[162] Since its first commercial flight in June 1995, there have been only two serious accidents, in 2008 with British Airways Flight 38 and in 2013 with Asiana Airlines Flight 214.

Forgot to add the wiki link:

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Taking down an entire plane for insurance money has been done before...

United Airlines Flight 629

United Airlines Flight 629 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Justice Story: Son plants bomb in mom’s suitcase, killing her and 43 others during flight

Jack Graham hated his mother, Daisie King, but was set to inherit a large part of her $150,000 estate upon her demise. Graham became proactive, planting the bomb in her baggage as she flew from Colorado to Oregon. But Graham got caught, meeting his own end in a gas chamber.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/jus...mom-luggage-kills-44-flight-article-1.1335372

But don't you need a death certificate to make a claim? Who is going to issue these certificates and when?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Tapatalk

My apologies if this has been previously shared. Still catching up on the last thread, however I found this interesting....and even if these batteries had nothing to do with "this" flight, I'd like to know, as a passenger, what type of cargo is being transported in the aircraft in which I am a passenger of....I hate flying anyway, so the thought of dangerous or valuable cargo on board my flight, does not sit well. At. All.:scared:

http://www.businessinsider.com/malaysia-plane-lithium-ion-batteries-2014-3?op=1

Malaysia Airlines Admits The Plane Was Carrying Flammable Lithium-Ion Batteries As Cargo

Malaysia Airlines has now confirmed that Flight 370 was carrying lithium-ion batteries in its cargo hold, the Daily Mail reports. This new fact could bolster the theory that the plane was brought down by a fire rather than a hijacking or other malfeasance.

On Friday, Malaysia Airlines CEO released some new information that could bolster the fire theory. Four days after denying that the plane had carried any hazardous materials, the CEO admitted that it was carrying a shipment of lithium-ion batteries in its cargo hold.

Malaysian investigators say they believe that the plane was commandeered, and one fact in particular they have released does not fit the fire theory. They say that the plane changed its course prior to a final radio communication in which the co-pilot said "good night" to air-traffic control — a routine call that made it seem like everything was fine.

iirc, the Airline denied it at first..

media was reporting early on that MH370 had a large amount of lithium batteries in the cargo hold and experts were concerned about that

I also want to say THANK YOU to all who post daily

After spending time here on WS and on Tomnod looking at the satellite images and tiles since the plane went missing I had to stepped away from posting this past week but I am following and sometimes watch the news

I appreciate all the theories posted and the brain storming..WS is a great place with great people!

We :heart: and appreciate you to Intermezzo! :blowkiss:

Oh no...

This is a thought... Isn't it...

Bombers target locations where there are large gathering of people...

And the Malaysian Grand Prix is/will be an event with many people attending and participating...

:eek:

BBM ~ IMO, there are bigger events and why would anything happen on Malaysian soil?

This is what I don't understand. If it didn't pass over Indonesia or very close to the border, then didn't it have to go out quite a ways into the ocean and then make either a drastic turn (again) southward or makes a huge arc out into the ocean to get turned that way? So either way, if it didn't go over or close to Indonesia, then someone had to program that turn or manually do it on purpose? If so, where did they think they were heading and why - not buying suicide for the sake of suicide alone, but possibly to kill someone(s) on board? Maybe this is out there, but is it possible the plane gently landed on the ocean and there was enough time for a pickup, then it sank?

BBM ~ I don't think the 777 is designed to land on water. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. :seeya:

I really think that the countries involved have released grainy (the Chinese one looks deliberately pixelated) satellite pictures because they don't want anyone else to know just how good their spy satellites are.

During the searches in the first week, not that many were involved. Now everyone is rushing (and sending more days later) because they want to go down in history as the one who found it. I think they have had some kind of indication that there is a high probability this is it. As someone said in the last thread, these satellites can read the brand of your tea bag from many kilometres away. There are unclassified pics out there, I'm sure of it ... and I think they show something more than a grainy white blob.

Excellent ideas!! I too wondered why the hell there aren't buoys of some desciption that can send out a beacon. I thought the seats were meant to float? Could it possibly be that the plane went down intact somehow?! It just seems totally and utterly mad that a plane can get lost. Many lessons to be learnt.
That is a fabulous idea! An auto-buoy with a beacon which floats to the top in case of a water incident.

They are saying implementing new ideas will cost millions to the already struggling Airline industry, but practical ideas are out there for practical prices. Maybe John Q. Public should have them built into our luggage and forget waiting on the industry as a whole to get it together. ;)

What about the big announcement from China - did I miss it? Or do they not have/are willing to share any more info than what the media (and Malaysian Transport Minister!) saw noted down on a scrap of paper?

I really think that the countries involved have released grainy (the Chinese one looks deliberately pixelated) satellite pictures because they don't want anyone else to know just how good their spy satellites are.

During the searches in the first week, not that many were involved. Now everyone is rushing (and sending more days later) because they want to go down in history as the one who found it. I think they have had some kind of indication that there is a high probability this is it. As someone said in the last thread, these satellites can read the brand of your tea bag from many kilometres away. There are unclassified pics out there, I'm sure of it ... and I think they show something more than a grainy white blob.
I thought that way about the Aussie's find...until I heard it came from Tomnod/DigitalGlobe (if that is correct).

I would love to think China and other countries have those capabilities, but evidently the Aussies don't and others involved in tracking down the reported sightings near Oz. I am very disappointed.

The only 'source' we have for the idea that the copilot said those last words is the Malaysian government. A claim which they earlier had denied, btw.

Between you and me, I don't think they have a good track record for getting the story straight.

BBM ~ lol... between all of us.

I still remember a week ago when the Malaysian PM stated this was a "deliberate action", this is why I don't believe it was mechanical or pilot error.

That is one of the only things I believe thus far.

I was quite active on Tomnod in the first few days when the defined search area was when communication was lost - but since the search was extended to the North and especially South corridors, I was expecting the focus to be on these areas (?) I can't work out how to navigate to a particular area and I haven't seen any tags further North or South when downloading the results to Google Earth. Anyone got more experience of Tomnod they can share? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz