Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly question...wouldn't other aircraft be affected, or at least be witnesses to a solar flare?

If you want to be all technical, any human that actually witnessed a solar flare, would be pretty much vaporized.

I don't recall any CME's around the 8th, but I could have missed it.
I am subscribed to Spaceweather.com, they send updates of anything interesting that could be happening in space.

Check it out - http://spaceweather.com/

I looked in the archive, there was some activity but it was 8-9 (I don't think it was expected early on the 8th). Plus, it would have to be pretty strong to get to a planes altitude.-
CHANCE OF MINOR STORMS: NOAA forecasters estimate a 25% to 35% chance of minor geomagnetic storms on March 8-9 when a solar wind stream is expected to brush against Earth's magnetic field. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras. The best time to look is during the hours around local midnight.

Oooh, thanks for that link. I have an 8 year old boy who is nuts about space, he will love that.

This might be a really dumb question, but can a solar flare happen at night? Or would it only affect the side of the earth facing the sun?

Because it travels at the speed of light, a solar flare takes the same amount of time to reach us as does ordinary sunlight -- about eight minutes to travel the 93 million miles to Earth.

So in 8 minutes I am going to say it would have to be in daylight.
I am sure if I am wrong someone with more knowledge than I shall correct me :blushing:

ETA- But a geomagnetic storm can happen anytime, and they are what can really eff things up :eek:

Geomagnetic storm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ETA- I should clarify that if one was released that could effect Earth it would "slam" the daylight side.
Is that right those of you out there who REALLY seem to know this stuff?
I am just a casual observer, not an expert, lol. (And I watch a lot of Science Channel and Nova :giggle:).

A senior Indian defense official told The Wall Street Journal that a Chinese request for ships to search near the Andaman island chain—which is Indian territory—was declined last week over concerns that the operation was a pretext for the gathering of intelligence about key defense installations.

"They can play on emotions and try and get into the area. We have all modern capabilities to look for the plane ourselves if it had crashed in Indian waters," the official said.

There was "nothing subtle about this," agreed Brahma Chellaney of the Center for Policy Research in New Delhi. China was using the hunt for the missing airliner "for military advantage," he said, in "the latest example of how [it] is becoming assertive."

The Chinese Foreign Ministry didn't respond to a faxed request for comment on the allegations.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...0001424052702303725404579460291292335828.html

After watching heaps of Air Crash Investigation my #1 theory is mechanical. Some stuff you just can't predict and it doesn't have to be one problem. Heaps of small problems add up the big trouble when you are hurtling through the sky in a metal box.
#2 is sabotage by someone on the ground.
#3 would be hijack by someone unknown.
#4 shot down by North Korea
#5 high jack by Iranians.
#6 something to do with Russia and distractions.
#7 Malaysian government something something.
#8 Pilot suicide.
#9 solar flare
#10 terrorism by pilots
#11 stolen by remote control
#12 hostage situation
#13 Meteor.
#14 Aliens.
#15 America. New World Order. Banks. Old money. Illumianti. Marilyn Monroe. World wars. 9/11. JFK. (I stole this one from someone I know who uses this as an answer to anything that happens in the world).

Love it! :loveyou:

BBM ~ I'd put New World Order closer to the top.

Thank YOU!
As soon as this plane disappeared (well a couple days in when it got really weird) I said to my son "Russia is totally under the radar now".
At least with US MSM, for a while they seemed to have almost forgotten what was going on in Crimea. I switched to BBC World News, they cover everything.

I actually had a fleeting though Russia might have done something for distraction with MH370 :what: (I don't believe that, just one of those "what if" thoughts).

That was my second thought when I read about the plane. Every morning I'd get up and check for news on Russia. Now I have no idea what is going on because everything is pretty much focused on the plane. I've read a heap of comments on news articles stating the same except they put the US as the perpetrator of the hijacking or sabotage to distract from their involvement with Russia. I'm not sure why they would do that but it's out there.

Thanks for replying about this. I was really curious about your answer and this is well thought out.

I love hearing all possible theories and this is the first one I heard that can show how it could have landed and then took off again.

Its really interesting.

Thanks, Hatfield. I've appreciated all your thoughtful posts inputting into my brainstorming. And others on here, too! This forum is a great resource for ideas, for sure.

Did this unnamed fellow pilot know Captain Shah? I read the article and the answer is No. He is just some pilot being asked to give him opinion, and has probably been given inaccurate facts to begin with. Such as "wife leaving him"....has this ever been verified?? Not that I know of. It's just a rumor swirling around. I give it the same weight as the previous parachuting theory I was pondering. It's just a rumor.

Joyride? So he wanted to see an ocean? Wouldn't he have flown many times over oceans in his LONG career as a pilot? Plus most of it was in the dark.

I do not believe it was either of the pilots.

JMO.

BBM ~ Just thinking out loud. "Joyride" could mean taking the aircraft and crashing it in the deepest, coldest ocean?

I have not ruled out pilot suicide yet, because it has happened before.

One of my first thoughts when MH370 was lost; was that there was an argument between the Captain and FO. I saw this incident take place "Mayday" episode, and that is what happened. I can't remember the Flight #.
The Captain was much older than the FO and there was a clash in the cockpit, and no communication.

The reports of the "mumbling" has got me concerned.

Sri Jegarajah ‏@cnbcSri 5m
Next #MH370 is scheduled for 1730 KL time, civil aviation authority chief, acting transport minister @HishammuddinH2O @MAS CEO attending

https://twitter.com/cnbcSri

I think he means next PC.

A senior Indian defense official told The Wall Street Journal that a Chinese request for ships to search near the Andaman island chain—which is Indian territory—was declined last week over concerns that the operation was a pretext for the gathering of intelligence about key defense installations.

"They can play on emotions and try and get into the area. We have all modern capabilities to look for the plane ourselves if it had crashed in Indian waters," the official said.

There was "nothing subtle about this," agreed Brahma Chellaney of the Center for Policy Research in New Delhi. China was using the hunt for the missing airliner "for military advantage," he said, in "the latest example of how [it] is becoming assertive."

The Chinese Foreign Ministry didn't respond to a faxed request for comment on the allegations. http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...0001424052702303725404579460291292335828.html

The Indians (much as I love them) have been nervous about China and the Andamans for years--especially since China rented out an entire island in that area and has been building an airstrip and other 'facilities' on it. Got the link somewhere if you're interested.

Then I suggest you do not fly anywhere, mainly outside of the US or Britain:

The U.S. and Britain are among the few nations that do regularly check for stolen documents. Interpol says passengers were able to board aircraft more than a billion times last year alone without having their passports checked against its databases.

http://www.npr.org/2014/03/11/288814443/u-s-checks-for-stolen-passports-but-other-nations-fall-short

http://www.slate.com/articles/techn...countries_check_interpol_s_sltd_database.html

Canada checks passports regularly too. When I fly, my passport is at the check-in counter, again at customs, at the boarding gate, and then one last time as I walk onto the plane. The first three checks are done through a machine.

The Chinese Foreign Ministry didn't respond to a faxed request for comment on the allegations.

:sigh:

A "partial ping" received eight minutes after a final complete transmission between Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 and an orbiting satellite began on the missing jet, in the latest clue that could help investigators unravel what happened to the jet before it stopped flying.

http://online.wsj.com/news/article_...4579461900800102412-lMyQjAxMTA0MDIwNTEyNDUyWj

I would think more planes would have vanished if that was the cause...
If we ever have a massive solar storm every plane will fall out of the sky.
At least they can usually predict them, but still... Scary thought... :scared:

I actually recall around the time of the missing France flight that Russia had a warning out to its pilots to stear clear of the northern horn? of Africa due to solar/magnetic problems in that area. So apparently there can be pockets of this anomaly.

Yeah...I do. :(

The plane, to go so far south and off-course, was either on autopilot due to distress or autopilot due to someone purposefully putting it on that...destined to go south, over the Indian Ocean, until it ran out of fuel.

In my mind, mechanical/fire type of distress is ruled out for lots of reasons, including no mayday and the relaxed sign off just prior to flight directional change (and the 5-7 hour plane flight afterward). That means either the pilot was suicidal (and co-pilot complicit in these suicide plans if the Malaysian gov't is correct that it was his voice), OR the plane was hijacked. I don't see any evidence for this pilot being suicidal or for having an inclination or reason to take down a whole planeload of passengers with him. Could be we find something later--but for now, there's no indication. Also find it doubtful he'd get the soon-to-be-married co-pilot to go along with this idea (if that was his voice).

The plane was purposefully flown skirting radar (map 1 below) and hugging ATC territorial lines (map upthread) by someone who appeared to not want to be seen or stopped going off-course. I think there's a possibility MH370 was landed on an island due west, resources wanted taken off, refueled, and then (if they do find flight #370 in the Indian Ocean, which I think they might) sent out to sea on uninterrupted autopilot with or without unwanted passengers aboard. Someone upthread said the search area was now out of previously-thought fuel range, but that wouldn't matter if hijackers refueled the plane after the landing for a flight to take it to the 'worst possible place' to search in the Indian Ocean.

As they said early in this investigation, this plane was flown by an expert, someone with military training (evasive radar maneuvers). To me, these maps do not show "erratic" flying--except possibly at the outset with the sudden elevation at time of directional change (see graphic below). Because of all this I don't think it's just conspiracy theorists and tinfoil hat types who are after finding out in more detail what might have caused this...for the sake of truth, and for the relatives' sake.

Map 1 - Radar in flight path area

(I've forgotten the msm link, but it's attached to post 107 in Thread 6 if you're interested.)

Graphic - Elevation depicted during flight path

Credit: cropped from photo by news.com.au

Excellent post.

I thought it was very interesting how you said someone with MILITARY TRAININGb/c of evasive radar techniques.

I have been looking at the maps of air traffic borders b/w countries (thanks to help from poster miley who referred me to good maps), and I have found that, IMO, the flight path of 370 that we DO know of matches up very closely with the ATC border lines.

If we take the flight path starting from the left turn, going across Malaysia peninsula, going northwest, then going north a bit, then going northwest again - it gets the same gentle zig-zag northwestern pattern that the border lines show in your map to the west of the Malaysian peninsula.

There is no doubt in my mind that someone was trying to evade radars.

I believe they then made a sharp turn (once out of Malaysian ATC), then either flew around the Indonesian radar and out into the ocean, or perhaps went over Indonesian western tip, where perhaps radar was turned off and they didn't catch it.

JMO.

Yeah...I do. :(

The plane, to go so far south and off-course, was either on autopilot due to distress or autopilot due to someone purposefully putting it on that...destined to go south, over the Indian Ocean, until it ran out of fuel.

In my mind, mechanical/fire type of distress is ruled out for lots of reasons, including no mayday and the relaxed sign off just prior to flight directional change (and the 5-7 hour plane flight afterward). That means either the pilot was suicidal (and co-pilot complicit in these suicide plans if the Malaysian gov't is correct that it was his voice), OR the plane was hijacked. I don't see any evidence for this pilot being suicidal or for having an inclination or reason to take down a whole planeload of passengers with him. Could be we find something later--but for now, there's no indication. Also find it doubtful he'd get the soon-to-be-married co-pilot to go along with this idea (if that was his voice).

The plane was purposefully flown skirting radar (map 1 below) and hugging ATC territorial lines (map upthread) by someone who appeared to not want to be seen or stopped going off-course. I think there's a possibility MH370 was landed on an island due west, resources wanted taken off, refueled, and then (if they do find flight #370 in the Indian Ocean, which I think they might) sent out to sea on uninterrupted autopilot with or without unwanted passengers aboard. Someone upthread said the search area was now out of previously-thought fuel range, but that wouldn't matter if hijackers refueled the plane after the landing for a flight to take it to the 'worst possible place' to search in the Indian Ocean.

As they said early in this investigation, this plane was flown by an expert, someone with military training (evasive radar maneuvers). To me, these maps do not show "erratic" flying--except possibly at the outset with the sudden elevation at time of directional change (see graphic below). Because of all this I don't think it's just conspiracy theorists and tinfoil hat types who are after finding out in more detail what might have caused this...for the sake of truth, and for the relatives' sake.

Map 1 - Radar in flight path area

(I've forgotten the msm link, but it's attached to post 107 in Thread 6 if you're interested.)

Graphic - Elevation depicted during flight path

<respectfully snipped>

Credit: cropped from photo by news.com.au

Great post! :floorlaugh: If we were in Science/Geography class you'd get an A+.

So, causing MH370 to ascend at 45000 feet then dropping to 23000, wouldn't everyone die from hypoxia?

Excellent post.

I thought it was very interesting how you said someone with MILITARY TRAININGb/c of evasive radar techniques.

I have been looking at the maps of air traffic borders b/w countries (thanks to help from poster miley who referred me to good maps), and I have found that, IMO, the flight path of 370 that we DO know of matches up very closely with the ATC border lines.

If we take the flight path starting from the left turn, going across Malaysia peninsula, going northwest, then going north a bit, then going northwest again - it gets the same gentle zig-zag northwestern pattern that the border lines show in your map to the west of the Malaysian peninsula.

There is no doubt in my mind that someone was trying to evade radars.

I believe they then made a sharp turn (once out of Malaysian ATC), then either flew around the Indonesian radar and out into the ocean, or perhaps went over Indonesian western tip, where perhaps radar was turned off and they didn't catch it.

JMO.

It should be pretty easy to figure out who had military flight training though? They've already said the passengers were cleared and I assume we'd know if the pilots had been military pilots. I know Paul Weeks was in the military but that really means nothing unless he were a Air Force Pilot, which he wasn't, he was Army.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove