Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[/B]

bbm

I thought this was very interesting: I read in some blog somewhere, now I can't remember where (or maybe it was in the comments), that 777's are extremely efficient and well-running and well-engineered, and that the person - whoever wrote this - didn't think that going to the limit or a couple thousand feet above the limit would cause hypoxia.

IDK. I just thought it was interesting b/c we have been hearing for weeks now that it would cause hypoxia, but does anyone actually know for sure?

True. But I was thinking more of the drop that would cause issues? GForce? IDK. either, but thanks for the info. :seeya:

All the talk of the sensational and repetitive coverage made me think of this quote on Raising Hope I heard a few days ago from Maw Maw "What about a TV channel just for news? Wait. They'll have to fill up too many hours and resort to sensationalizing non-issues and stirring up partisan bickering. Scratch that idea. It sucks."

If the plane was really a plane such as which has been described numerious time in the news (I can't bear myself to write the words) - then how are we going to get any information from the black box? Doesn't the blackbox only include the last 2 hours? If the last 2 hours were silent, then.....?

From Wikipedia:
Most FDRs record approximately 17–25 hours worth of data in a continuous loop.

Whether or not that helps in this case....

Flight data recorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where would they have landed, though?

Diego Garcia?

mapa-diego-garcia-indico.jpg

I can't find any online MSM about this yet, but a Ch 9 live report from outside Pearce airforce base late this morning said that the Chinese planes took off from Perth International airport this morning to join the search (not from Pearce airforce base).

It sounds as though they have been moved out of the base maybe? Though I'm not sure if they were ever actually at Pearce (even though MSM reported that they 'mistakenly' landed at Perth International initially). Unless they were at Pearce for a little while to be checked over before they were allowed to remain in Australia? Don't know what the defence force protocols would be in this instance.

PoirotryInMotion, I would love to read that article, and TIA! :blowkiss:

Okay, give me a short bit; hubby wants to watch Person of Interest, and my files have gotten huge...but I'll post some links for you asap.

[/B]

bbm

I thought this was very interesting: I read in some blog somewhere, now I can't remember where (or maybe it was in the comments), that 777's are extremely efficient and well-running and well-engineered, and that the person - whoever wrote this - didn't think that going to the limit or a couple thousand feet above the limit would cause hypoxia.

IDK. I just thought it was interesting b/c we have been hearing for weeks now that it would cause hypoxia, but does anyone actually know for sure?

This would not cause hypoxia. As the airplane climbed, even beyond its "ceiling", the pressure inside the cabin would climb as well. My husband just ran some numbers for one of his airplanes. For example, at 43000', cabin pressure is set to 8000'. At 51000', pressure would be 9400' inside the cabin. No one becomes hypoxic at these levels.

The hypoxia scenario that could have brought this plane down would have been due to a sudden, catostrophic incident that happens too quickly for crew to don their oxygen masks. JMO

From link: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26525281

RE: ^ Does anyone know why Pouria Nour Mohammad Mehrdad ("younger Iranian") didn't simply take a direct flight from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Frankfurt (FRA) --which is actually a cheaper flight (they were supposedly seeking lower-cost tickets...) -- rather than flying from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Bejiing (PEK) and then from Bejiing (PEK) onto Frankfurt (FRA)? Not only is the cost greater, obviously the distance traveled is far greater also; Direct flight from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Frankfurt (FRA) = 6220 miles vs. a flight from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Bejiing (PEK) = 2745 miles + Bejiing (PEK) to Frankfurt (FRA) = 4846 miles, a total of 7591 miles. Not to mention that flight time(s) are significantly different - direct route is half the time of the indirect route. Just curious...

Iranians need a visa to enter Germany. They used their legit passports to fly from Iran to KL. Once in KL, they switched to their stolen ones (one Italian and one Austrian). Since the two were only going to be in China less then 72 hours, they didn't need a visa to arrive in China. They were bypassing the visa process by obtaining stolen passports to EU countries. Any nation in the EU does not require visas to enter.

Does that make sense?

I forgot who was asking about telescopes (I am a little ADHD tonight).

The ones observatories use are robotic it seems like. I think they just program in coordinates and the telescope does the work (and likely will "follow" whatever object they want to look at).

Robotic telescope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also googled automated telescopes and you can actually buy home versions, but they look like they cost quite a bit. You just input what you want to look at and the telescope finds it for you....they look so cool!

Sorry for the O/T's all, I am feeling "googly" tonight-:giggle:

Googly_92ff9a_60527.gif

Looks like I need to take what you have. ;) :eek:kay:

Interesting to me that you should mention North Korea. I don't think I've ever read here about any speculation here that they were involved. I've wondered about them myself.

Thanks for sharing I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, give me a short bit; hubby wants to watch Person of Interest, and my files are huge...but I'll post some links for you asap.

OT: OMG I love POI. They did an episode where an assassin was trying to kill someone on a plane. There was no plane crash but I could totally have seen it happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT
I also googled automated telescopes and you can actually buy home versions, but they look like they cost quite a bit. You just input what you want to look at and the telescope finds it for you....they look so cool!

OT

Thank You. I need one of the automated ones badly, and if anyone ever considers buying a good one, get an automated version too.

Mine is actually a decent good model but not automated and after doing some hard work to actually find Mars, the problem is the earth movement actually makes it move across the eyepiece very quickly. So it leaves the viewing area before you know it and you have to re-adjust all over again.

I would love to get an automated one because I live in the country and have a great night sky.

I can't find any online MSM about this yet, but a Ch 9 live report from outside Pearce airforce base late this morning said that the Chinese planes took off from Perth International airport this morning to join the search (not from Pearce airforce base).

It sounds as though they have been moved out of the base maybe? Though I'm not sure if they were ever actually at Pearce (even though MSM reported that they 'mistakenly' landed at Perth International initially). Unless they were at Pearce for a little while to be checked over before they were allowed to remain in Australia? Don't know what the defence force protocols would be in this instance.

I don't think they landed there mistakenly. I think there are some countries that would be allowed to land at Pearce and some that would not. Where we are now, we have rotations of Marines come and live on base, use training areas and do joint training exercises. There are some places they are not allowed on base, and those areas aren't even particularly interesting!

This would not cause hypoxia. As the airplane climbed, even beyond its "ceiling", the pressure inside the cabin would climb as well. My husband just ran some numbers for one of his airplanes. For example, at 43000', cabin pressure is set to 8000'. At 51000', pressure would be 9400' inside the cabin. No one becomes hypoxic at these levels.

The hypoxia scenario that could have brought this plane down would have been due to a sudden, catostrophic incident that happens too quickly for crew to don their oxygen masks. JMO

Thanks HulaMum & hubby :giggle: for this explanation. :seeya:

Good. Then that changes my mind today that there is hope, and I don't fully accept MH370 crashed in the S. Indian ocean. JMO.

Iranians need a visa to enter Germany. They used their legit passports to fly from Iran to KL. Once in KL, they switched to their stolen ones (one Italian and one Austrian). Since the two were only going to be in China less then 72 hours, they didn't need a visa to arrive in China. They were bypassing the visa process by obtaining stolen passports to EU countries. Any nation in the EU does not require visas to enter.

Does that make sense?

Yes, thank you for taking the time to explain that - I just knew there had to be more it.

BBM~ Honestly, my gut does tells me Captain Shah was not suicidal, but, I cannot forget this:

1. He was in court with a friend 8 hours prior to this flight.
2. There are possible conflicts in his marriage.
3. He allegedly purchased a cell phone, and made a phone call to a "mysterious" woman several minutes before take-off.
4. He had a FS, which IMO, is for practice, and to excel at it; like any "gamer".
5. Someone made the plane ascend/descend like a yo-yo, and I don't believe it was auto-pilot.
6. I'm known people who committed suicide, Sadly, there were no glaring obvious signs. :(

This is all JMO.
*IF* he were suicidal why didn't he just take a one engine Cessna (for example) up in the air and crash IT? I haven't read or heard anything that he had a grievance against the airline that employed him to deliberately crash their plane and kill over 200 passengers and crew.

In addition, if this were his "suicide mission" what became of his co-pilot while he was flying over the Indian Ocean for hours? And...would there not be some body of water he could have chosen which would not have necessitated the length of flight before crashing?

:waitasec:

MOO

Does that make sense?

I think nomoresorrow is asking why they just didn't take the direct route.

I think they purchased their air tickets to Beijing in KL but, needed to purchase the stolen passports first.

The ticket counter will issue every ticket needed to get to their destination. So, one boarding pass from KL-Beijing, then one for Beijing-EU city.

I think they purchased their tickets at the airport with cash, and they high tailed it out of there. No real plan in mind, except to get to Europe ASAP. MOO.

I flew back to Canada from KL once, and I was thoroughly searched by customs. :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak