Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT

Ive always wanted to find out the answer to this if anybody knows, and since it kind of ties into earth movements thought this may be my chance to get this answered.

Whenever I put my telescope up on a distant planet, I can't keep the planet in the scope because of the earth's movement. Its amazing how fast the object moves through the scope eyepiece. So I have to keep readjusting my telescope almost as soon as I find the planet.

So my question is how in the world do professionals get around this? Like do they have telescopes that automatically move with the object or something?

It is so annoying and one reason I dont play around with my telescope.

IDK, have never owned a telescope. But would love to someday! Sounds interesting!

Great news that searching is resuming today.

Thank you for posting the flight path map which shows the ATC areas. It can't be co incidence that they match almost perfectly. However I don't understand the reason for following the blue lines if those ATC 's would not have been able to "see" the plane anyway as the transponders were turned off. Unless the radars from the relevant countries associated with those ATC's follow similar lines and who ever was flying the plane, thought that flight path the most likely one to avoid being seen by radar.

Also I wonder what the risk of colliding with another plane would be without a transponder. Maybe that is the reason for changes in altitude, to avoid usual flight paths by other planes?

An update on my mangosteen floating experiment. It has now been floating in my bowl of water for around 21 hrs and is still happily floating. It has not changed at all, and no signs of sinking any time soon. It's skin is still hard. Will keep you updated.

Great post! :floorlaugh: If we were in Science/Geography class you'd get an A+.

So, causing MH370 to ascend at 45000 feet then dropping to 23000, wouldn't everyone die from hypoxia?

bbm

I thought this was very interesting: I read in some blog somewhere, now I can't remember where (or maybe it was in the comments), that 777's are extremely efficient and well-running and well-engineered, and that the person - whoever wrote this - didn't think that going to the limit or a couple thousand feet above the limit would cause hypoxia.

IDK. I just thought it was interesting b/c we have been hearing for weeks now that it would cause hypoxia, but does anyone actually know for sure?

The Indians (much as I love them) have been nervous about China and the Andamans for years--especially since China rented out an entire island in that area and has been building an airstrip and other 'facilities' on it. Got the link somewhere if you're interested.

PoirotryInMotion, I would love to read that article, and TIA! :blowkiss:

Where is this new Inmarsat data released today? They say they have the Southern turn?

I don't know what was going on with the Captain obviously and maybe there was something, but in this case, I'd really be worried about false info being put out or pushing of the suicide theory by anonymous sources.

Personally, I can't see a depressed suicidal person flying an airplane around for a 'joy ride' for 6-8 hours carrying 200+ unconscious, or extremely afraid and crying, or dead passengers especially including children. That makes no sense, that is a crazy person not person who is depressed over losing his wife.

BBM~ Honestly, my gut does tells me Captain Shah was not suicidal, but, I cannot forget this:

1. He was in court with a friend 8 hours prior to this flight.
2. There are possible conflicts in his marriage.
3. He allegedly purchased a cell phone, and made a phone call to a "mysterious" woman several minutes before take-off.
4. He had a FS, which IMO, is for practice, and to excel at it; like any "gamer".
5. Someone made the plane ascend/descend like a yo-yo, and I don't believe it was auto-pilot.
6. I'm known people who committed suicide, Sadly, there were no glaring obvious signs. :(

This is all JMO.

Great news that searching is resuming today.

Thank you for posting the flight path map which shows the ATC areas. It can't be co incidence that they match almost perfectly. However I don't understand the reason for following the blue lines if those ATC 's would not have been able to "see" the plane anyway as the transponders were turned off. Unless the radars from the relevant countries associated with those ATC's follow similar lines and who ever was flying the plane, thought that flight path the most likely one to avoid being seen by radar.

Also I wonder what the risk of colliding with another plane would be without a transponder. Maybe that is the reason for changes in altitude, to avoid usual flight paths by other planes?

An update on my mangosteen floating experiment. It has now been floating in my bowl of water for around 21 hrs and is still happily floating. It has not changed at all, and no signs of sinking any time soon. It's skin is still hard. Will keep you updated.

The official, who is not authorized to speak to the media, told CNN that the area the plane flew in after the turn is a heavily trafficked air corridor and that flying at 12,000 feet would have kept the jet well out of the way of that traffic.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/23/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

Do you think there is a chance they landed it first and unloaded cargo and then sent it out to sea with all on board ?

I suppose with all that time its possible they had time to do a quick landing.

Where would they have landed, though?

Thank YOU!
As soon as this plane disappeared (well a couple days in when it got really weird) I said to my son "Russia is totally under the radar now".
At least with US MSM, for a while they seemed to have almost forgotten what was going on in Crimea. I switched to BBC World News, they cover everything.

I actually had a fleeting though Russia might have done something for distraction with MH370 :what: (I don't believe that, just one of those "what if" thoughts).

BBM ~ Anything is possible. :scared:

Excellent work and I think there is possibility. The thing that bothers me is that last graphic, on the left because of the arc they are currently claiming the plane took. It's arc-ing the wrong way :)

Yes, that is curious. :) Especially because, if the plane did NOT stop at an island in the Andaman region, and the pilot just flew on a suicide mission to the Indian Ocean, that lower yellow dotted line would be the reasonable course (southwestern curve). But the experts now have this plane in a northwestward swoop towards the Andaman Islands (upper yellow dotted line), and then a sudden sharp southward route. That sort of route would 'fit' more if it landed, then took off again heading south.

I respectfully disagree, but am still keeping my mind open. But I really don't think it was either of the pilots. Whoever did this IMO is an evil person. Neither of the two pilots strike me as being evil people.

Captain Shah apparently supported democracy - giving the power to the people of Malaysia - why would he then turn around and kill some of those people? People are making his ties to "opposition parties" sound like he was affiliated with some kind of terrorists or "rogue" party. Since when is a believer in democracy someone "rogue"?

Captain Shah was educated. He seemed to live in the upper-class of society. He had a nice house and a nice family. I know this does not automatically clear him, but it helps us to understand his frame of mind.

He seemed to give back to his community. Why would he want to turn around and murder possibly some of those people?

I'm sorry but I believe this was done by an evil person, an evil persons, or an evil group.

JMO.

I don't think the pilot is responsible, either.
I agree with you about the pilot and his support of the opposition party, too. He was supporting democracy, not some rogue group. In fact, the party he was supporting is better than the party currently in office.

It should be pretty easy to figure out who had military flight training though? They've already said the passengers were cleared and I assume we'd know if the pilots had been military pilots. I know Paul Weeks was in the military but that really means nothing unless he were a Air Force Pilot, which he wasn't, he was Army.

There are other "engineers-science types" I believe as well. Who the heck knows who was on MH370, since apparently, Malaysian Airlines didn't even know. :facepalm:

After watching heaps of Air Crash Investigation my #1 theory is mechanical. Some stuff you just can't predict and it doesn't have to be one problem. Heaps of small problems add up the big trouble when you are hurtling through the sky in a metal box.
#2 is sabotage by someone on the ground.
#3 would be hijack by someone unknown.
#4 shot down by North Korea
#5 high jack by Iranians.
#6 something to do with Russia and distractions.
#7 Malaysian government something something.
#8 Pilot suicide.
#9 solar flare
#10 terrorism by pilots
#11 stolen by remote control
#12 hostage situation
#13 Meteor.
#14 Aliens.
#15 America. New World Order. Banks. Old money. Illumianti. Marilyn Monroe. World wars. 9/11. JFK. (I stole this one from someone I know who uses this as an answer to anything that happens in the world).

Interesting to me that you should mention North Korea. I don't think I've ever read here about any speculation here that they were involved. I've wondered about them myself.

So my Facebook feed is blowing up with a rumor that Phillip Wood posted on a forum. I can't find an original source but just the post typed out. I'm sure it's just a hoax but I'm curious if that was another hoax from an American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are other "engineers-science types" I believe as well. Who the heck knows who was on MH370, since apparently, Malaysian Airlines didn't even know. :facepalm:

There is this aviation engineer:

The aviation engineer is Mohd Khairul Amri Selamat, 29, a Malaysian who has said on social media he had worked for a private jet charter company.

"Yes, we are looking into Mohd Khairul as well as the other passengers and crew. The focus is on anyone else who might have had aviation skills on that plane," a senior police official with knowledge of the investigations told Reuters.

I forgot who was asking about telescopes (I am a little ADHD tonight).

The ones observatories use are robotic it seems like. I think they just program in coordinates and the telescope does the work (and likely will "follow" whatever object they want to look at).

Robotic telescope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also googled automated telescopes and you can actually buy home versions, but they look like they cost quite a bit. You just input what you want to look at and the telescope finds it for you....they look so cool!

Sorry for the O/T's all, I am feeling "googly" tonight-:giggle:

Googly_92ff9a_60527.gif

Where would they have landed, though?

Lots of islands, some with theories to accompany them. The Andaman and Nicobar island chain is composed of hundreds of islands, most of them uninhabited, which separate the Bay of Bengal and the Andaman Sea.

Zeroing in on those hundreds of islands, some places considered in various theories: Diego Garcia (American Airbase on that one), and one island just north of the Andamans that is part of Myanmar but entirely rented out by China, Coco Island. It has a runway that is 1,400 meters long. A 777-200ER could technically land there, as it needs 1320 yards (1207 meters) to land:

There was a lot discussed in earlier threads here about Coco Island.

Here's a link for some more info: http://skift.com/2014/03/14/missing-malaysia-jet-had-room-to-land-among-andaman-island-chain/

Yes, that is curious. :) Especially because, if the plane did NOT stop at an island in the Andaman region, and the pilot just flew on a suicide mission to the Indian Ocean, that lower yellow dotted line would be the reasonable course (southwestern curve). But the experts now have this plane in a northwestward swoop towards the Andaman Islands (upper yellow dotted line), and then a sudden sharp southward route. That sort of route would 'fit' more if it landed, then took off again heading south.

I know... where is the explanation for this... I can't believe no one has offered on right? And, I agree, I think if it landed it would at least make more sense to get on that arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak