Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the cockpit voice recorder only has silence for the last two hours, that still tells us something. It tells us that there likely was not anyone flying the plane.
BBM

My thoughts exactly.

MOO

The more I read about the passengers and crew, the more I pray that they were incapacitated early on in the flight and did not feel pain or fear. I cannot bear to imagine the hysteria and sheer terror of what they may have been feeling if they were conscious. IMO

*IF* he were suicidal why didn't he just take a one engine Cessna (for example) up in the air and crash IT? I haven't read or heard anything that he had a grievance against the airline that employed him to deliberately crash their plane and kill over 200 passengers and crew.

In addition, if this were his "suicide mission" what became of his co-pilot while he was flying over the Indian Ocean for hours? And...would there not be some body of water he could have chosen which would not have necessitated the length of flight before crashing?

:waitasec:

MOO

If this was suicidal, maybe the timing was not "planned". It just happened? All the pent up frustration? IDK.

I think nomoresorrow is asking why they just didn't take the direct route.

I think they purchased their air tickets to Beijing in KL but, needed to purchase the stolen passports first.

The ticket counter will issue every ticket needed to get to their destination. So, one boarding pass from KL-Beijing, then one for Beijing-EU city.

I think they purchased their tickets at the airport with cash, and they high tailed it out of there. No real plan in mind, except to get to Europe ASAP. MOO.

I flew back to Canada from KL once, and I was thoroughly searched by customs. :blushing:

This may be wrong but I think it is easier to get into Europe from China than from Malaysia?
I thought I had read that somewhere early on.
Not sure though. :facepalm:

I think they purchased their air tickets to Beijing in KL but, needed to purchase the stolen passports first.

The ticket counter will issue every ticket needed to get to their destination. So, one boarding pass from KL-Beijing, then one for Beijing-EU city.

I think they purchased their tickets at the airport with cash, and they high tailed it out of there. No real plan in mind, except to get to Europe ASAP. MOO.

I flew back to Canada from KL once, and I was thoroughly searched by customs. :blushing:

But, didn't Mr. Ali purchase their tickets?

“Mr Ali” purchased them - in cash - from a travel agent after insisting he wanted “cheap” flights.
ETA: i believe he also booked earlier flights for the two passengers, which expired, and re-booked new flights.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...airlines-flight-iranian-3227967#ixzz2x1uNqFY7
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

This may be wrong but I think it is easier to get into Europe from China than from Malaysia?
I thought I had read that somewhere early on.
Not sure though. :facepalm:

Well, I was thoroughly searched when I returned to Canada because I had a KL stamp in my passport.

They held me for 40 mins at least. I found out afterwards, it was because the "bag" I had was a drug running bag coming out of KL.

I was like WTH :eek: :scared:

The more I read about the passengers and crew, the more I pray that they were incapacitated early on in the flight and did not feel pain or fear. I cannot bear to imagine the hysteria and sheer terror of what they may have been feeling if they were conscious. IMO

It is horrible to think if they were alive for 6-8 hours on a doomed flight.

Its unimaginable and unpecedented and I hope it didnt happen that way.

About that signal sent after the last handshake-
Thomas Withington, a defence electronics analyst, told the UK’s Telegraph newspaper: “It sounds like the aircraft began to squawk a message and for some reason this was curtailed.”

“It could be because the aircraft was at a catastrophic phase of flight — that something was causing it to crash — or there could be some atmospheric disturbance.”
http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/22172054/search-for-malaysian-plane-to-resume/

I can't find any online MSM about this yet, but a Ch 9 live report from outside Pearce airforce base late this morning said that the Chinese planes took off from Perth International airport this morning to join the search (not from Pearce airforce base).

It sounds as though they have been moved out of the base maybe? Though I'm not sure if they were ever actually at Pearce (even though MSM reported that they 'mistakenly' landed at Perth International initially). Unless they were at Pearce for a little while to be checked over before they were allowed to remain in Australia? Don't know what the defence force protocols would be in this instance.

I read a couple of days ago that each Chinese search plane that went out had one Australian crew member on board. I would have they'd do that for all countries, but the article only mentioned China.

True. But I was thinking more of the drop that would cause issues? GForce? IDK. either, but thanks for the info. :seeya:

I would think a sudden drop in the plane's altitude would cause hypoxia. I tried finding some more information on it, but all the sites I looked up were too scientific for me...

But, didn't Mr. Ali purchase their tickets?

“Mr Ali” purchased them - in cash - from a travel agent after insisting he wanted “cheap” flights.
ETA: i believe he also booked earlier flights for the two passengers, which expired, and re-booked new flights.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...airlines-flight-iranian-3227967#ixzz2x1uNqFY7
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

:doh: Yes, that's right! Regardless, it was a slick MO, and I would not be surprised if others got through. JMO.

That is the strangest thing I've ever heard!! He sounded drunk and high!! How did he regain control?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was amazed at how quickly his speech recovered after they were told to descend. I was also waiting for ATC to ask if they had oxygen masks on, though would they still be able to talk clearly through the masks?

Re the altitude drop to 12,000ft, that would be consistent with a depressurization incident and the pilots trying to get the plane down to a safe altitude. My main question is, if that were the case why did it not work? Was it too late?

I was amazed at how quickly his speech recovered after they were told to descend. I was also waiting for ATC to ask if they had oxygen masks on, though would they still be able to talk clearly through the masks?

I don't know. Where was the copilot or was it a small plane? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

They wouldn't have had the proper paperwork to get into any EU nation, though. Iranians need visas to enter. So they had to book a flight that took them somewhere where visas weren't needed. Had they taken a direct flight, they would have been asked to produce visas since they were Iranian.

Speaking of visas: when I was in Paraguay, the group I was with went on a day trip to Iguazu Falls in Argentina. We had to drive through Brazil to get there. When we got to the border between Brazil and Argentina, our group had to sit at the border for almost an hour because none of us had visas to even be in Brazil :blushing: Our group wasn't aware that Canadians needed a visa to enter Brazil via Paraguay...apparently the rule had changed AFTER the trip was booked and proper visas obtained. The only reason we were able to leave Brazil and continue to Argentina was because our bus driver bribed the border patrol with some amount of money.

Anyways....random OT!

That is the strangest thing I've ever heard!! He sounded drunk and high!! How did he regain control?

The cure for hypoxia is oxygen - either applied with a mask or by descending until the air is oxygen-dense enough (typically under 10,000, varies from person to person based slightly on fitness and smoking status). I believe the kiletta 66 pilot descended and then applied oxygen once he was thinking clearly again.

Your brain suffers oxygen deprivation very quickly. I always think of hypoxia as having 6 drinks in 8 seconds. You feel great. You have no idea anything is wrong. No really, I'm fine! And then you do stupid stuff that makes perfect sense to you at the time. And, then you either get oxygen or you die. :(

I don't know. Where was the copilot or was it a small plane? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

Single pilot, I believe. But one could assume that if there had been a second pilot, he or she would have been similarly impaired.

Eta: No! I was wrong. Hubby set me straight : kiletta 66 was a Learjet with TWO pilots. They descended, then were clear-headed enough to apply oxygen via mask and they landed safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove