Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was suicide, we will never get 100% evidence, most likely. But I do think, given what an awful accusation it is to make, we should try and see if they can recover anything and rule out any other scenarios before stating his guilt as fact. There are certain things I would hate to jump to conclusions on, especially when it makes no difference now.

You're right, we will probably never know. But if they find the black (orange) box, we may get more :please:. Unless Malaysia sweeps it under the rug. It doesn't matter, they are appearing shady now anyways. JMO.

A. Paraphrase: "Hello, In this YouTube video, I will show you how to fix an icemaker in your freezer..."

B. Later: "Anwar was unjustly imprisoned, so I'm murdering 248 people in a Malaysia Airlines plane!"

I can't get from A to B.

:waitasec:

Evening all! :seeya:

My new theory is something caught on fire (faulty part Boeing sent out a notification about :waitasec:), they tried to escalate the aircraft (45000 feet) to put out the fire? This did not work, everyone onboard including Captain/FO had hypoxia, then it dropped down and went into auto-pilot until it ran out of fuel and crashed. JMO.

Yep, that was what I thought the way through too, until this ..

What bugs me though, is the Malaysian PM said in his press conference, this was "deliberate action".

WTH does that mean??

Now I am on the :fence: between that and pilot actions :moo:

I wonder if they can know, at this point that it was definitely disabled intentionally. They made it sound so concrete when it was first reported, but with all the new information coming out, who knows now.

Maybe it seemed a “definite” thing because they were so sure it was a hijacking.

I used to think it was intentionally disabled, but now....I don't think so.
Communications could have been knocked out by any sort of mechanical failure.

I thought the IRA (and other groups) generally wanted their "work" known pretty quickly.

True!

But if someone were looking to bring attention to a totalitarian government (posing as a democracy) instead of attention to the terrorist act itself, making a plane disappear would be a good way to go about that. Well, at least if everything is government-controlled like in Malaysia.

It would be an interesting plan. On one hand, the unjustly convicted goes free and everything works out that way. On the other, heaps of scrutiny are rained down on the bad government's head. Interesting.

Of course I have no clue what the actual pilot was really like, so this is definitely just hypothetical.

What bugs me though, is the Malaysian PM said in his press conference, this was "deliberate action".

WTH does that mean??
It could have been "deliberate" if this was a hypoxia event and the pilot and/or co-pilot made a conscious decision to turn the plane then set the auto-pilot to the waypoints taking it out to sea to avoid killing people on land. During the course of doing this..the transponder/ACARS could have been switched off due to completely innocent reasons.

Of course, this would make one of both of them heroes and it doesn't appear to be where this is heading.

WTH does that mean??

Covering their butts, possibly?
Or they wanted to throw the pilots under the bus, so they went with a scenario that showed the pilots in a bad light.
Malaysia hasn't been handling the investigation very well....

I wonder if they can know, at this point that it was definitely disabled intentionally. They made it sound so concrete when it was first reported, but with all the new information coming out, who knows now.

Maybe it seemed a “definite” thing because they were so sure it was a hijacking.

If I am not mistaken, this is information that Boeing released to officials that later made its way down to the news outlets.

I think they said that they know it was disabled by hand due to something being actually entered in order to disable it.

I am under the impression that Boeing may have information that the transponders were disabled and power was still going and other systems were fine.

I am not really sure about this but I am almost positive that this is what is still on the table because this information did not come from Malaysia but from Boeing.

Covering their butts, possibly?
Or they wanted to throw the pilots under the bus, so they went with a scenario that showed the pilots in a bad light.
Malaysia hasn't been handling the investigation very well....

I think mechanical failure would be the best option for Malaysia to cover their behinds.

But that will likely be a heck of a fight, especially if evidence comes out to counter this.

A. Paraphrase: "Hello, In this YouTube video, I will show you how to fix an icemaker in your freezer..."

B. Later: "Anwar was unjustly imprisoned, so I'm murdering 238 people in a Malaysia Airlines plane!"

I can't get from A to B.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...osition-supporter-with-love-for-aviation.html

"After the Boston Marathon bombings, Zaharie expressed condolences for the victims."

I know this statement is true, I've seen his FB. JMO. What kind of terrorist is compassionate toward victims? I dunno....

Jmo

I'm not saying the copilot had anything to do with it, but he copied/repeated all the instructions from GC and ATC except for the last one: "'MH370, please contact Hu Chin Minh City 120.9 good night"

BBM

I'm actually now leaning towards suicide or malfunction - if it was a highjack, that would suggest an extremely we'll planned operation that somehow went completley off plan...

Did ATC repeat their instructions for MH370 right away? If not, then they were satisfied with how the communication was handled. If they had thought it was unusual or if they at all doubted that the crew understood and would follow their instructions, they would have immediately relayed the instructions again.

Did ATC repeat their instructions for MH370 right away? If not, then they were satisfied with how the communication was handled. If they had thought it was unusual or if they at all doubted that the crew understood and would follow their instructions, they would have immediately relayed the instructions again.

This "unofficial" transcript takes a minute to load, look forward to any observations. :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...l-54-minutes-of-communication-from-MH370.html

I think mechanical failure would be the best option for Malaysia to cover their behinds.

But that will likely be a heck of a fight, especially if evidence comes out to counter this.

See, and I disagree with this. I think a “mechanical failure” explanation leaves the Malaysian gov’t open to liability through either faulty upkeep or oversight as owner of the airline, kwim?

I would think (no legal experience whatsoever) that a explanation of pilot action would limit their liability and also paint them as “soft” victims, because after 30 years, how could they ever have predicted that?

Certainly, the most economical. As, RR and Boeing would be liable. :moo:

See, and I disagree with this. I think a “mechanical failure” explanation leaves the Malaysian gov’t open to liability through either faulty upkeep or oversight as owner of the airline, kwim?

I would think (no legal experience whatsoever) that a explanation of pilot action would limit their liability and also paint them as “soft” victims, because after 30 years, how could they ever have predicted that?

Not necessarily on Malaysia.

Boeing has loads of issues, although multi billion and protected. Watching too many plane crash videos, not looking up Court issues yet, but don't want to go that far. Covering is not necessarily Malaysia. Malaysia may be under contract for those multi million dollar planes...........................

If engine issues, then we get into Rolls Royce. (Or which ever one makes which portions of the plane.)

If parts issues, who knows who makes all the parts, but that goes back to Boeing and Rolls Royce.

Anyone care to fix all the recalled issues on my older model auto??? ;)

I can't see choosing the pilot as the cause being their best option...jmo

To create utter chaos for a government you deem as being corrupt and you despise, and to get the worlds attention focused on said government and the trumped up charge against the opposition leader, who can not run in a by-election because of the charge........this is exactly what has happened. And the relations between china and Malaysia were very tense before this, now they are worse.

LIke I have said on here a couple of times.....I will not blame the pilot until (and if) they find the black box, I really don't like to.......however as a sleuther he can not be ruled out as a main suspect, pure and simple, like it or not.....

IF he did this, I think he did it not out of evil intention, but seeing himself as a hero for his nation trying to get rid of a corrupt government.

There is a theory that at some point he contacted an official and told them he had the plane and would take it down where they wouldn't find it if the charges against Anwar weren't dropped and he was allowed to run in the by-election....remember if Anwar was able to run, it was predicted he would win and become prime minister....

This info could be what the Malaysian government is hiding........there is something we haven't heard........

and re the airports in the indian ocean being on his simulator....maybe this is where he was going to land if they agreed to his demands....

Just thinking out aloud, but I have always thought this had politics behind it, especially when I read he had been to the court case hours beforehand...

If not him, I am convinced it wasn't mechanical error and was intentional....

I'm torn between 2 theories. I was convinced it was the pilot and he turned away from viable landing areas when negotiations with the govt went south. After hearing from his buddy that he was in no shape to fly after his wife moved out, troubles with his mistress, etc., I became more convinced it was suicide and he ditched it in a way and place, which would make it very difficult to determine the cause. It's probably a mixture of both- anger over politics and personal life coming apart at the seams. Maybe he worked out a way to get back at everyone- government, wife, and mistress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
There is plenty of evidence that points to him, even that he planned it. This was mass murder-suicide. We don't know what was going on with him mentally between his political setbacks and his marriage breaking up. We do know he practiced on his flight simulator and deleted data just 5 days beforehand. We know the left turn was reprogrammed into the flight. We know someone in the cockpit said "Good Night" which wasn't standard lingo for the copilot. We know the transponders were purposely turned off. This was deliberate, and the most likely suspect is Shah! To me he is evil.

BBM

Captain Shah seems to have a more relaxed, casual persona than the co-pilot. Just a vibe I get from watching him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh0IrWeLGC4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh0IrWeLGC4[/ame]

The "All right. Good night." was mentioned very early on; however, it was translated from English to Chinese, and then back to English, so something could very well have been lost in the translation. Still, the sign-off has a different feel to it.

The original transcripts have never been released, that I'm aware of, anyway. This past Monday, MAL stated on their website that they hadn't decided whether they would release them or not.

As far as the transcript is concerned, the technical committee is considering releasing it and we will keep you informed about the decision.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/dark-site.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member