Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to post this image that was in a link Elley Mae provided earlier.

I think it gives an excellent picture of the distances the search planes fly on a daily basis. It also helps me to understand how fatigued the searchers may be when they arrive at the search area to begin their work .. let alone how fatigued they must be upon their return to base.

2scaleAUSSIE.jpg

Great comparison!!
Thank You

It is interesting that anyone could suspect the co-pilot but yet not suspect the pilot.

I'm with you on that one.
I'm not going to accuse the pilots of anything without any concrete evidence to say they're responsible. They're still victims just like the other 237 people on board.

Right now, a mechanical issue makes sense.
Like I always say, "occam's razor."

Thank you, I was trying to remember what that was called! perfect.

Couldn't read it cause I have reached my limit, lol.
Basically said they believe it sank in one piece, since their isn't a huge debris field, so might improve the chances of finding the black box.

I still don't think it will exhonorate either pilot- only rule out mechanical failure, which most aviation experts have already said. They all say it was deliberate. Unless the cockpit was breached (unlikely post-911), it all points to one or both of the pilots.

ROFL - pretty much. beer goggles?

Someone else earlier brought up a good point about needing reference points, so could they not use this approach....

Contact the Satellite company and arrange on a specific day to have them point their satellites at the specific GPS location where most of the debris was previously spotted (AND) on that same day have one of the larger ships be parked at that exact GPS location.

Then have them download the images and look around that area and if anymore debri is spotted, they can specifically tell the searchers where the debris is in relation to where the ship was parked.

Like they could say...."Yesterday when you were parked at GPS 999, you had debri due north of you at a distancce of 1.2 miles. "

Basically said they believe it sank in one piece, since their isn't a huge debris field, so might improve the chances of finding the black box.

I still don't think it will exhonorate either pilot- only rule out mechanical failure, which most aviation experts have already said. They all say it was deliberate. Unless the cockpit was breached (unlikely post-911), it all points to one or both of the pilots.

Deliberate doesn't necessarily mean criminal or nefarious, though.
If there was a mechanical issue that caused hypoxia, the pilot(s) could have deliberately turned things off in their hypoxic state.

I'm not going to accuse any one at this point. Not until there's more concrete evidence to say otherwise.

It is interesting that anyone could suspect the co-pilot but yet not suspect the pilot.
The pilot comes up clear, IMO.

They have examined every part of his life and have come up with nothing (unless you count rumour and speculation).

The co-pilot, on the other hand, sounds like he was addressing ATC normally after a change in direction was made. This is suspicious. Another suspicious thing is that one of the communications was repeated. The pilot had nothing to do with either of these incidents (I believe he was already incapacitated).

I prefer to look at facts, not wild speculation in the media. The fact is that there is nothing legitimate that points to the captain.

You must be reading very different news sources than me. I've read lots of aviation experts opinions that it could have been mechanical. The emphasis is on the word "could". There isn't strong evidence either way. In fact, there really is no evidence either way. Except circumstantial evidence which could point to either nefarious pilot actions, hijack or sabotage, or mechanical.

9/11 was in America, not Malaysia. :twocents:
There is plenty of indication that Malaysia Airlines was not strict about cockpit security.
I can think of at least 4 people who were allowed to ride in the cockpit of a Malaysia Airlines plane after 9/11.
(The 2 chicks, Richard Quest and Derryn.)

That would not happen in America but it happens in Malaysia.
It is not at all hard for me to believe someone broke into or was ALLOWED into the cockpit of this plane. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackDiamond