Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a new day in Australia and the searching will continue, weather permitting.

https://www.amsa.gov.au/media/documents/30032014_MediaRelease_Update28.pdf

30 March 2014: 0645(AEDT)

Search and recovery operation for Malaysia Airlines aircraft: Update 28

Ten planes are planned to be involved in today’s search.

The first aircraft, a Chinese People’s Liberation Army Air Force Ilyushin IL-76, is due to depart for the
search area at 0900 (AEDT). Further details on flight times will be released later this morning.

HMAS Success, the Chinese Maritime Safety Administration ship Haixun 01, China Rescue and Salvage Bureau ship Nan Hai Jiu, and the Chinese Navy vessel Jinggang Shan arrived in the search area yesterday.
A further six ships should arrive in the area today

Xu, who had gone to the airport to drop off the travelers, said there were no heartfelt partings. And as with so many planes leaving so many airports on an increasingly connected planet, Flight 370 went on its way — another routine departure beginning a trip that would be anything but.

“We and the other artists did not really say goodbye,” Xu said. “I went to the toilet and came back, and I didn’t see the artists again.” -- AP

Read more: MH370 Lost in Indian Ocean: Stories of that final day - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...ries-of-that-final-day-1.539014#ixzz2xNs0uxib

Just reading through all the links you guys posted today, this is so sad, you never know when your last goodbye is, I'm telling everyone they're loved this week, not that I don't tell them anyway, but just that I'm reminded we should love in the present and you never know.

While Malaysia will maintain responsibility for the investigayion under international law, Perth’s proximity to the search area and local search and investigation capabilities mean that the operation will be based in Australia.

Senior government sources have confirmed that the task ahead could take years pointing to the Air France 447 flight that crashed into the Atlantic Ocean in 2009 killing all 228 passengers and aircrew. Investigations into that incident were hampered because the aircraft’s black boxes were not recovered until nearly two years later.

Australia has already instructed international search partners that any debris collected must now be brought to Perth for analysis.

Finding the plane’s flight recorder that records the final two hours of cockpit conversation is vital because the black box is believed to have only days worth of batteries left.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...sing-mh370-plane/story-fni0cx4q-1226868723897

OT...spell check! We all have it.

I understand the black boxes will stop pinging soon...but that does not make the data lost, from what I understand, if found later...the way they may it sound often, imo.

Considering the amount of international cooperation we have seen so far in the search for the plane, I hope we see that continue into the investigation phase too.

They have scooped up debris. It is on their deck. All these experts can't distinguish between some coke cans, clorox bottles,fisthing poles. Is it like parts of jumbo jetliners are floating or in the Indian ocean.

Its obserd . They want to be careful fine say our folks, not confirmed say they pulled out what looks like a jetliner flap part,,,,,a seat cushion, baggage, drivers liscs whatever

the notion that we have to wait for a ship to sail back in for experts to figure out if it is ocean crap or a part of a jumbo jetliner that the world believes might have crash landed in that area

silly I hate it when I get ocean junk confused with a jetliner dont you?

well

i feel better now TY!

guh

While Malaysia will maintain responsibility for the investigayion under international law, Perth’s proximity to the search area and local search and investigation capabilities mean that the operation will be based in Australia.

Senior government sources have confirmed that the task ahead could take years pointing to the Air France 447 flight that crashed into the Atlantic Ocean in 2009 killing all 228 passengers and aircrew. Investigations into that incident were hampered because the aircraft’s black boxes were not recovered until nearly two years later.

Australia has already instructed international search partners that any debris collected must now be brought to Perth for analysis.

Finding the plane’s flight recorder that records the final two hours of cockpit conversation is vital because the black box is believed to have only days worth of batteries left.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...sing-mh370-plane/story-fni0cx4q-1226868723897

OT...spell check! We all have it.

If the pilots were already dead there will be no conversation, but what else does it record? Any other information other than conversation?

If the pilots were already dead there will be no conversation, but what else does it record? Any other information other than conversation?

Alarms etc going off in the cockpit.

Xu, who had gone to the airport to drop off the travelers, said there were no heartfelt partings. And as with so many planes leaving so many airports on an increasingly connected planet, Flight 370 went on its way — another routine departure beginning a trip that would be anything but.

“We and the other artists did not really say goodbye,” Xu said. “I went to the toilet and came back, and I didn’t see the artists again.” -- AP

Read more: MH370 Lost in Indian Ocean: Stories of that final day - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...ries-of-that-final-day-1.539014#ixzz2xNs0uxib

Just reading through all the links you guys posted today, this is so sad, you never know when your last goodbye is, I'm telling everyone they're loved this week, not that I don't tell them anyway, but just that I'm reminded we should love in the present and you never know.

Was all the artwork on board the plane? If so what another tragedy. jmo

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...-families-wiped-out-with-mh370-crash-says-pap

this is so so sad, people starting out new lives together, new jobs, a child out there lost her mother and two siblings, a father lost 2 children and a wife

and the two little Americans were with their family of 6, all lost, it's so devastating.

and this: "I have a 2-year-old grandson who said, 'I want to raise some money to rescue my mum'."

My close friends and my loved one wonder why I'm dwelling on this, but I feel it's so important to know and understand, as WS does, as this could happen to any one of us.
As soon as I heard a MA flight had gone down, an airline I have taken several times from Paris or London to New Zealand via KL and back, that 2 of my nationalities were on board, that all my friends nationalities were on board, its not only that plane crashes are extremely rare and you instantly fear terrorism, but it's also that it just makes it so real. It's easy to shut out and tell yourself it's healthier that way but then again you need to stop and think and be human and empathise and really understand what happened. That's what we're all trying to do here. You guys are awesome by the way!
BBM

Tragedies such as this certainly do put a new perspective on our personal problems. There is always someone so much worse off, whether it be victims of natural disasters who have lost everything they had, or the families of the victims aboard MH370 who lost loved ones and have no idea where they are.

Continued prayers for these families to find the answers they need.

:heartbeat:

More info.

The mystery of flight MH370 is unlikely to be solved until the flight recorder - known as a black box - is found. There are actually two boxes - a cockpit voice recorder and a data recorder. But these devices have their limitations.

The voice recorder only captures the final two hours

Listening to the last moments of Air France flight 447, which crashed into the Atlantic in 2009, gives a chilling insight into the confusion that had overcome the pilots. Such a record of what went on in the cockpit would be a priceless tool for investigators trying to work out whether the Malaysia Airlines plane was the victim of foul play or a mechanical fault. But it's not that simple even if the black box is found. The cockpit voice recorder continually records over itself as the flight goes on. US firm Honeywell Aerospace says the black box on the missing airliner - which it provided - only retains two hours of recording. That's the length of time that regulations demand. The principle is in place because it is normally the last section of a flight that determines the cause of the crash. But in the case of the Malaysia Airlines 777 it might well be the case that the key events happened long before the actual crash. On the other hand, Steve Buzdygan, a former BA 777 pilot, says the data recorder would provide a wealth of useful information. "You can almost reconstruct the flight path from it."

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26721975

And facts:

A flight data recorder (FDR) (also ADR, for accident data recorder) is an electronic device employed to record any instructions sent to any electronic systems on an aircraft. It is a device used to record specific aircraft performance parameters. Another kind of flight recorder is the cockpit voice recorder (CVR), which records conversation in the cockpit, radio communications between the cockpit crew and others (including conversation with air traffic control personnel), as well as ambient sounds. In this both functions have been combined into a single unit. The current applicable FAA TSO is C124b titled Flight Data Recorder Systems.[1]
Popularly referred to as a "black box" by the media, the data recorded by the FDR is used for accident investigation, as well as for analyzing air safety issues, material degradation and engine performance. Due to their importance in investigating accidents, these ICAO-regulated devices are carefully engineered and stoutly constructed to withstand the force of a high speed impact and the heat of an intense fire. Contrary to the "black box" reference, the exterior of the FDR is coated with heat-resistant bright orange paint for high visibility in wreckage, and the unit is usually mounted in the aircraft's empennage (tail section), where it is more likely to survive a severe crash. Following an accident, the recovery of the FDR is usually a high priority for the investigating body, as analysis of the recorded parameters can often detect and identify causes or contributing factors.[2]

Flight data recorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alarms etc going off in the cockpit.

I read this about Payne Stewarts crash (it flew for 4 hours after they had all died of hypoxia):

"The Learjet's cockpit voice recorder (CVR), which was recovered from the wreckage, contained an audio recording of the last 30 minutes of the flight. At 1710:41Z, the Learjet's engines can be heard winding down, indicating that the plane's fuel had been exhausted. In addition, sounds of the stick shaker and autopilot disconnect can be heard (with the engines powered down, the autopilot would have attempted to maintain altitude, causing the plane's airspeed to bleed off until it approached stall speed, at which point the stick shaker would have automatically engaged to warn the pilot and the autopilot would have switched itself off)."

Not sure if same would apply in a 777 but it shows the CVR does record all cockpit noise, so any alarms would be heard as well as anything else going on. I would anticipate, if it were suicide, that we'd hear some speaking or other human noise in the last 2 hours.

there are 2 recorder units
1. Flight Data Recorder
2. Cockpit Voice Recorder..

the voice recorder records not only cockpit conversation, but also radio communication, and sounds in the plane
iirc, it records for 2 hours on a continuous loop..so it may only yield some information..it will give the investigators sounds from the final 2 hours of the flight

the flight data recorder will give investigators information about the plane ..speed, altitude, direction, performance..etc

Personally, there is actually so many locations this aircraft could have gone.

The mystery of flight MH370 is unlikely to be solved, is one that scares me. Unlike Air France 447, which had many clues. This is a wild goose chase, and Aviation doesn't like this because not knowing is not good for our industry.

The mystery of flight MH370 is unlikely to be solved, is one that scares me. Unlike Air France 447, which had many clues. This is a wild goose chase, and Aviation doesn't like this because not knowing is not good for our industry.

Reading your post frightens me even more. It is one thing for us "commoners" to be clueless, but for aviation experts to be baffled...is truly scary.

Agreed it is not good for the industry.

Some answer will be found, some thing. Not to worry. Too many looking. We may never know all of the answers, but I feel the plane lost function. For what reason, I do not know. If it was mechanical or air fire is where I stand. Could be both, but don't think this is the much talked about pilot suicide idea. Parts are parts, they mess up. Much like my car that needs many repairs, some are recalls that may never have happened (used car), some are simply age. One at a time, little things get exposed to weather, or simply cannot function after a certain amount of use. Our bodies would be the same. Take your pick on what starts to show wear and how long until it just stops functioning in any way that is working properly at all.

The best thing to so far come out of this is that Passengers, EVEN after 9/11 are not vetted enough. Who cares, you are going on an airplane with me I at least want to know your journey through life doesn't have a diversion to endanger equipment and life.

Passport checks need to be more thorough and better training, as for that security video of the Pilots. They was nowhere near checked, I get checked more for going into a low profile Central London Bar/Club. Shocking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties