Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday Writer7 wrote an excellent series of posts analyzing the number-crunching of the satellite data done by aviation reporter Jeff Wise (CNN, Salon) and scientists on Wise's blog. Writer7's fine work culminated with a timeline for the Inmarsat satellite pings from MH-370.

I thought it might be illuminating to plot those satellite pings on the broader MH-370 timeline:

00:30 am - PING #1
00:36 am - Taxiing.
00:41 am - Take-off
00:43 am - PING #2
00:50 am - Climbing from 25,000 to 35,000 feet.
00:55 am - PING #3
01:01 am - Cruising at 35,000 feet.
01:07 am - PING #4, Last routine ACARS data transmission.
01:07 am - MH-370 cockpit to ATC, repeats "Malaysian...370 maintaining level 350" (35,000ft)
01:19 am - "Good Night Malaysian Three Seven Zero"
01:21 am - MH-370 Transponder turns off.
01:22 am - (approx) IGARI waypoint reached, 360 deg. West turn begins.
01:30 am - After Viet ATC asks, nearby plane contacts MH-370, hears "buzz", "mumbling".
01:38 am - Viet ATC informs Malay ATC of situation, neither can contact MH-370.

02:15am - (approx) Last Thai/Malay military radar blip of MH-370, heading NW.

02:25 am - PING #5
02:27 am - PING #6
02:29 am - PING #7

02:40 am - Viet ATC notifies Malaysia Airlines it can't contact MH-370.

03:40 am - PING #8
04:40 am - PING #9
05:40 am - PING#10
06:40 am - PING #11

08:11 am - PING #12
08:19 am - Partial handshake PING from MH-370 to ground station.

This timeline raises a few interesting questions:

1). Between 12:30-1:07, the plane pinged the satellite every 12-13 minutes. In normal flight, should it have continued to do so? No ping at 1:19/1:20 am might suggest ACARS was disabled at or before that time.
2). Why was there a sudden flurry of pings at 2:25, 2:27, and then 2:29...???
3). Why did MH-370 start sending hourly pings at 3:40am (not 2:40am)?
4). Why was there no hourly ping at 7:40am, but instead one at 8:11am?
5). Why did the plane ping a ground station at 8:19am? To indicate what?

BBM

There might have been a fire in the cabin that caused a lot of equipment to get damaged and work insufficiently. A fire might also explain the climb to 45,000 ft. that was reported. the pilot may have felt that by climbing that high they could starve the fire of oxygen. The fire could have killed the transponders and knocked out the pilots after they programmed the new coordinates. Just a theory.

Things we have talked about for days and threads which have turned out to be big fat red herrings (....maybe):

The Iranians travelling on stolen passports
Passenger 84
The files deleted from Shah's simulator
All the Tomnod sightings
"Alright, goodnight"

Anything else that turned out to be false/irrelevant?? We really don't know much more than we did on day 2 :(

Well... its been an err... interesting/uneventful few weeks, depending how you look at it... I'm still going with "Pilot Suicide" or "Tin Foil Hat Plot & Scheme" (same as I have from day 1!) - Here's one of the last pics I took from on the flightdeck of a Malaysia Airlines flight I was flying "jumpseat" on in Jan/Feb... From cockpit left rear window (behind captain) back to the MA Blended Winglet branded wingtips and partial view of engine... a limited view I conceed... many more I can post if mods allow and it is on topic... but as you can appreciate looking backwards from the cockpit rearwards isn't the greatest scope of view...

Also, these pics are from 737-800 (same cockpit layout basically as 777-200 but smaller)

Hope all are well and sleuthing is going well hehehe :)
DH

xoflh1.jpg

I found a larger picture of the fire suppression orb and blew it up so you could see the top more clearly.

You can clearly see the numbers 8219. I wonder what the planes part numbers are and if they end in 8219?

I would have thought/hoped that any serial numbers are properly imprinted into the metal, rather than scrawled with a marker pen.

I keep thinking about this Maldives / Diego Garcia link. Assuming the Immersat pings were correct then it has to be discounted. I imagine there are quite a lot of military planes flying in and out of DC and reckon the Maldives sightings may have been one of those.

But who knows??! I wouldn't be surprised if DG shot down any unauthorised craft flying towards them. And if the early theory about the plane heading towards Langkawi is correct, then DG would be pretty much on that flight path.

Well... its been an err... interesting/uneventful few weeks, depending how you look at it... I'm still going with "Pilot Suicide" or "Tin Foil Hat Plot & Scheme"

<snip>

Hope all are well and sleuthing is going well hehehe :)
DH

Hey hey Derryn, nice to see you!

I had always assumed the pilot sat on the right, is that not the case? Do they swap seats ever? Not that it's relevant, just wondering.

Can you remind me what the TFHP&S is please?!?!?

I wonder if ocean currents from just this side of Indonesia or at the top of the Malacca Straight, swing up towards those islands.

I had always assumed the pilot sat on the right, is that not the case? Do they swap seats ever? Not that it's relevant, just wondering.

Pilot In Command (So, The pilot who is considered "in charge" of the flight legally should an incident occur), the Most qualified pilot in charge of the flight for commercial operations, who is for all intents here referred to as "Captain", or in a private flight the Licenced pilot (with his/her passengers sitting in pax allocated seats or sometimes in the right hand cockpit seat if the aircraft is certified for single pilot operations), with exception of "training" flights where a student will assume the right hand seat when the training being done requires, and the more qualified and certified instructor will be left hand side but in a station that allows for 100% control and instruction by demonstration of the aircraft from that position.

The reason a lot of my photo's are taken from left hand side is because either in some cases they were taken by me under instruction for non control critical familiraization of systems (TFR in most cases you can see in my pics album) or they are taken by the WSO (Weapons Systems Officer)/ACO (which they call them these days, stands for Air Combat Officer and is a broader applied role) of me during flights where I am obviously in command of the aircraft and playing photographer was a far second to FLYING THE PLANE... which is most important of course.

Some aircraft, including the A380 and 777 for instance, will have a number of "Jump Seats"... so the 737NG series and most other "Single Isle" commercial passenger aircraft (A300/10/20 series Airbus and of course the Boeing 737NG series as already mentioned) will have a SINGLE (1) "Jump Seat" which is a fold down seat located behind the flight crew (behind the captain in all the above cases by default, unless specifically ordered from manufacturer as otherwise, like the Ansett 767's were) and larger aircraft types (777, 747, A380 for instance) will have AT LEAST ONE and normally TWO jump seats, located behind the Captain and the First Officer (co-pilot) positions... various reasons why I can expand on if you want me to...

On Wednesday, Malaysia's police chief said the investigation was focusing on the cabin crew and pilots, after clearing all 227 passengers of possible involvement in hijacking, sabotage or having personal or psychological problems that could have been connected to the flight's disappearance.

"They have been cleared of the four," National police chief Khalid Abu Bakar was quoted as saying by state news agency Bernama.

http://www.carbonated.tv/news/lowered-expectations-as-malaysia-airlines-search-drags-on

bbm

I assume your asking about TFR and it was a typo in above post??? Please clarify of otherwise ;)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10347590&postcount=615"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #9[/ame]

Explains...

Royal Navy submarine HMS Tireless, the Trafalgar Class submarine, had also arrived in the area.

"In addition to the deployment of HMS Echo, a Royal Navy survey ship, which begins search efforts tomorrow, a Royal Navy Trafalgar-Class submarine has recently arrived in the area and is conducting search operations for the flight recorders.

"She was ordered to move from an operational tasking to the search area around a week ago and arrived on station yesterday.

"HMS Tireless holds advanced search capabilities, but the task in hand remains a tall order and the search area is immense. Her deployment is being co-ordinated closely with our Australian and US colleagues.

HMS Tireless has advanced underwater search capability which it is hoped will help in the hunt for the missing jet.

A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: "While we do not routinely comment on submarine operations, we can, exceptionally, confirm that HMS Tireless has been tasked to assist in the humanitarian search mission for Flight MH370.

"We do not comment on the operational capabilities of our submarines."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/468180/Malaysian-jet-s-final-goodnight-chat-was-just-normal

I would have thought/hoped that any serial numbers are properly imprinted into the metal, rather than scrawled with a marker pen.

I keep thinking about this Maldives / Diego Garcia link. Assuming the Immersat pings were correct then it has to be discounted. I imagine there are quite a lot of military planes flying in and out of DC and reckon the Maldives sightings may have been one of those.

But who knows??! I wouldn't be surprised if DG shot down any unauthorised craft flying towards them. And if the early theory about the plane heading towards Langkawi is correct, then DG would be pretty much on that flight path.

You'd think, and that's probably true. However, it may be difficult to manufacture and entire plane using the same stamped part numbers. It's just a theory. In any event the numbers probably mean something. JMO

Yesterday Writer7 wrote an excellent series of posts analyzing the number-crunching of the satellite data done by aviation reporter Jeff Wise (CNN, Salon) and scientists on Wise's blog. Writer7's fine work culminated with a timeline for the Inmarsat satellite pings from MH-370.

I thought it might be illuminating to plot those satellite pings on the broader MH-370 timeline:

00:30 am - PING #1
00:36 am - Taxiing.
00:41 am - Take-off
00:43 am - PING #2
00:50 am - Climbing from 25,000 to 35,000 feet.
00:55 am - PING #3
01:01 am - Cruising at 35,000 feet.
01:07 am - PING #4, Last routine ACARS data transmission.
01:07 am - MH-370 cockpit to ATC, repeats "Malaysian...370 maintaining level 350" (35,000ft)
01:19 am - "Good Night Malaysian Three Seven Zero"
01:21 am - MH-370 Transponder turns off.
01:22 am - (approx) IGARI waypoint reached, 360 deg. West turn begins.
01:30 am - After Viet ATC asks, nearby plane contacts MH-370, hears "buzz", "mumbling".
01:38 am - Viet ATC informs Malay ATC of situation, neither can contact MH-370.

02:15am - (approx) Last Thai/Malay military radar blip of MH-370, heading NW.

02:25 am - PING #5
02:27 am - PING #6
02:29 am - PING #7

02:40 am - Viet ATC notifies Malaysia Airlines it can't contact MH-370.

03:40 am - PING #8
04:40 am - PING #9
05:40 am - PING#10
06:40 am - PING #11

08:11 am - PING #12
08:19 am - Partial handshake PING from MH-370 to ground station.

This timeline raises a few interesting questions:

1). Between 12:30-1:07, the plane pinged the satellite every 12-13 minutes. In normal flight, should it have continued to do so? No ping at 1:19/1:20 am might suggest ACARS was disabled at or before that time.
2). Why was there a sudden flurry of pings at 2:25, 2:27, and then 2:29...???
3). Why did MH-370 start sending hourly pings at 3:40am (not 2:40am)?
4). Why was there no hourly ping at 7:40am, but instead one at 8:11am?
5). Why did the plane ping a ground station at 8:19am? To indicate what?

Thanks for putting this together ToutCa. It gives a really good picture.

What the heck were those 3 successive pings 5/6/7 about? I've been reading and reading about pings. Was the ACARS system turned off in the cockpit immediately after 1:07, turned back on briefly at 2:25, and this allowed the plane to give a few pings in a usual pre-set 'cruising' pattern, then it was turned off again.

Maybe it was turned back on to allow 'someone' to identify the plane on their radar briefly? It is the only thing I can think of.
(That 'someone' being assistance for an ailing plane/crew, or 'someone' else).

Automated ping messages are used to test an aircraft's connection with the communication station.[7] In the event that the aircraft ACARS unit has been silent for longer than a preset time interval, the ground station can ping the aircraft (directly or via satellite). A ping response indicates a healthy ACARS communication.

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_Communications_Addressing_and_Reporting_System
http://www.airtrafficmanagement.net/2014/03/mh370-satcoms-101/
Category:Flight phases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Odd that the search area keeps getting closer and closer to Australia and was not picked up on radar from Pine Gap??????

&#8220;Police are still investigating the simulator and we have not received any report from our counterparts on the matter.
&#8220;There is nothing conclusive for now,&#8221; Khalid said during a police event in Cheras.
Khalid revealed that police were continuing to record statements from family members of flight MH370 passengers, crew and pilots.
&#8220;We are still talking to the families and so far we have recorded 170 statements.&#8221;
Asked to clarify the status of investigations, Khalid said at the moment police have cleared all passengers from four aspects &#8211; hijack, terrorism, personal and psychological problems.
He also denied claims that the FBI has taken over control of the investigation.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2014/04/02/mh370s-loss-probed-as-crime/

Police Chief: We May Never Know Why Flight MH370 Disappeared

A police investigation may never determine why Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370disappeared, and search planes scouring the India Ocean for any sign of its wreckage aren't certain to find anything either, officials said Wednesday.

The assessment by Malaysian and Australian officials underscored the lack of knowledge authorities have about what happened aboard the Boeing 777. It also points to a scenario that becomes more likely with every passing day — that the fate of the jet and the 239 people on board might remain a mystery forever...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mi...ever-know-why-flight-mh370-disappeared-n69446

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove