Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Police are still investigating the simulator and we have not received any report from our counterparts on the matter.
“There is nothing conclusive for now,” Khalid said during a police event in Cheras.
Khalid revealed that police were continuing to record statements from family members of flight MH370 passengers, crew and pilots.
“We are still talking to the families and so far we have recorded 170 statements.”
Asked to clarify the status of investigations, Khalid said at the moment police have cleared all passengers from four aspects – hijack, terrorism, personal and psychological problems.He also denied claims that the FBI has taken over control of the investigation.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2014/04/02/mh370s-loss-probed-as-crime/

Wow, 227 people with no personal problems. Really?

Not that I am suggesting a passenger did anything wrong on the flight, but I don't believe out of 227 people not one had any personal or psychological issues going on!

For the purpose of distance

The atoll is approximately 1,970 nautical miles (3,650 km) east of the coast of Africa (at Tanzania), 967 nautical miles (1,790 km) south-southwest of the southern tip of India (at Kanyakumari) and 2,550 nautical miles (4,720 km) west-northwest of the west coast of Australia (at Cape Range National Park, Western Australia).

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Garcia"]Diego Garcia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

However, once an aircraft is more than 240km (150 miles) out to sea, radar coverage fades and air crew keep in touch with air traffic control and other aircraft using high-frequency radio.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-26544554

Not that I am suggesting a passenger did anything wrong on the flight, but I don't believe out of 227 people not one had any personall or psychological issues going on!

Am I wrong to assume that they are back to the pilot and co-pilot? And the other crew? :moo:
I just find it hard to believe that after 25 days they don't have some clues as to who is responsible.

Minister Hishammuddin Hussein agrees missing Malaysia Airlines plane is a ‘blessing in disguise’

April 02, 2014 10:39PM

THE public face of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight tragedy says the event is a “blessing in disguise”.

Malaysia’s Defence and acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein shocked followers on Twitter when he agreed with someone who suggested there was bright side to the disaster.

Kuala Lumpur-based journalist Ismail Amsyar tweeted: “#MH370 is a blessing in disguise for all of us. I understand now the beauty of unity, the sweetness of having each other. @HishammuddinH2O”

Six minutes later Hishammuddin replied: “Right u are:)”

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...sing-in-disguise/story-fnizu68q-1226872887918

I simply cannot assign blame to pilot and co-pilot. We have no idea what happened with the plane, until parts are found.

Even the infamous "pilot suicide" case was later found to be the well known rudder control issue with all 737's. Pilot suicide was a jump to a conclusion before all evidence (in this case parts and pieces) could thoroughly be examined, just to hand out a resolution, imo.

If you google "777 issues" you will see there are quite a few. Not to mention the recently mandated 'fix' for corrosion and cracking issues, now well known for 777's, but there are other known issues with them. If a 777 owner does not repair or replace, it is only a matter of time before an accident occurs. Simple mechanical logic.

Minister Hishammuddin Hussein agrees missing Malaysia Airlines plane is a ‘blessing in disguise’

April 02, 2014 10:39PM

THE public face of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight tragedy says the event is a “blessing in disguise”.

Malaysia’s Defence and acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein shocked followers on Twitter when he agreed with someone who suggested there was bright side to the disaster.

Kuala Lumpur-based journalist Ismail Amsyar tweeted: “#MH370 is a blessing in disguise for all of us. I understand now the beauty of unity, the sweetness of having each other. @HishammuddinH2O”

Six minutes later Hishammuddin replied: “Right u are:)”

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...sing-in-disguise/story-fnizu68q-1226872887918

Oh no ... they really have to learn to keep their thoughts to themselves. :facepalm:

Can a pilot manually control this handshake ping or is it supposed to be at preset intervals? Could that last partial ping be that someone also turned that off? Could it have been manually done to indicate something was wrong or whoever was in control of the plane realized that he / she had disabled 2 out of 3 tracking devises and was in the process of disabling the 3rd and it got a partial ping at that time? Was it purposely done just prior to another abrupt turn to deceive those looking for the plane?

The investigator adds that every piece of cargo that was loaded onto the flight is also being investigated. Even the several tons of mangosteens were traced from the orchard they were grown, to who plucked, packed and shipped the fruits and then loaded them on the plane.

http://www.voanews.com/content/no-s...laysia-briefs-grieving-relatives/1884453.html

bbm - tons?

Maximum take off weight:

766,000 lbs (347,450 kg)

http://www.boeing.com/boeing/commercial/777family/pf/pf_lrproduct.page

What that means in terms of flight ability, IDK. Tons is quite interesting for a civilian flight, not a cargo flight. Is that standard procedure?

Question: If the communications were cut due to fire and the plane turned to go back for an emergency landing is it possible if the pilots were overcome by smoke for the plane on autopilot to continue on believing it is headed for Beijing and turn at 6 hour mark believing it is getting ready to land in Beijing? Or would the plane have turned on autopilot again to head back the Beijing?

I simply cannot assign blame to pilot and co-pilot. We have no idea what happened with the plane, until parts are found.

Even the infamous "pilot suicide" case was later found to be the well known rudder control issue with all 737's. Pilot suicide was a jump to a conclusion before all evidence (in this case parts and pieces) could thoroughly be examined, just to hand out a resolution, imo.

Which case are you referring to exactly??? There was a rudder control issue with the early -200/500 series 737's I seem to recall, it was essentially a case of at the worst possible time (Eg into an attempt to apply opposite rudder in a fairly well developed stall, the hard correction of the rudder actuator would for some reason opposite lock, and the unfortunately clueless to this uncanny problem crew would be frantically smashing the rudder pedal into the floor as they attempted to avoid the stall progressing into a spin (all standard stall recovery techniques 101 stuff), unaware that the the unimaginable answer to their situation that no one would have ever guessed was to apply the counter-intuative action of smashing the *other* rudder pedal *into* the spin which would have unlocked the rudder and most likely allowed them to recover the aircraft... sadly there was no way they could have known that, and even the second time that happened was so soon after the first that the NOTAM n the issue hadn't been issued....

But the Silk Air crash was 100% sad to say a Pilot Suicide... multiple details of the way that played out from leveling out on cruise to the impact of the aircraft ruled out any other possible theory's - and sadly a young and apparently very talented first officer (co-pilot) and a whole bunch of innocent people were murdered by the selfish and inexplicable actions of an otherwise exemplary pilot that day...

Is it possible that there was someone on the plane who wasn't on the passenger list and wasn't part of the crew.

Which case are you referring to exactly??? There was a rudder control issue with the early -200/500 series 737's I seem to recall, it was essentially a case of at the worst possible time (Eg into an attempt to apply opposite rudder in a fairly well developed stall, the hard correction of the rudder actuator would for some reason opposite lock, and the unfortunately clueless to this uncanny problem crew would be frantically smashing the rudder pedal into the floor as they attempted to avoid the stall progressing into a spin (all standard stall recovery techniques 101 stuff), unaware that the the unimaginable answer to their situation that no one would have ever guessed was to apply the counter-intuative action of smashing the *other* rudder pedal *into* the spin which would have unlocked the rudder and most likely allowed them to recover the aircraft... sadly there was no way they could have known that, and even the second time that happened was so soon after the first that the NOTAM n the issue hadn't been issued....

But the Silk Air crash was 100% sad to say a Pilot Suicide... multiple details of the way that played out from leveling out on cruise to the impact of the aircraft ruled out any other possible theory's - and sadly a young and apparently very talented first officer (co-pilot) and a whole bunch of innocent people were murdered by the selfish and inexplicable actions of an otherwise exemplary pilot that day...

Have no idea if the below info is correct or not. I just google stuff, lots of stuff. Seems the evidence was not fully discovered until 2003.

Boeing and several aircraft-part manufacturers were also sued in various US states by some of the victims' families. In 2004, in the first US trial, the jury in the Los Angeles superior court found that defects in the plane's rudder control system were to blame and the court ordered the manufacturer Parker Hannifin to pay US$43.6 million to the families of three victims; neither Boeing nor SilkAir were found to be at fault. Evidence of the faulty rudder had been recovered in 2003. After news of the discovery emerged, Boeing dropped its claim that pilot suicide had caused the crash and withdrew its lawsuit against SilkAir, and SilkAir's insurer likewise dropped its lawsuit against Boeing.
BBM
http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/infopedia/articles/SIP_1576_2009-09-30.html

Among the things included in "every little thing" is an investigation into the people who prepared the food for the flight, he said. "That also we'll have to look into," Khalid Abu Baka said.

Malaysia Airlines pilots have received a handout on increased cockpit security. The measures include a rule saying no pilot or first officer is allowed to sit alone in the cockpit. If one or the other leaves the cockpit, a senior cabin steward must be inside the cockpit until the pilot or first officer returns.

An investigation into a flight simulator found in the pilot's house is inconclusive, police said Wednesday. Authorities were awaiting an expert's report.

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/25139633/every-little-thing-under-scrutiny-in-malaysia-airlines-probe

In a press conference at the China Embassy here today, China's ambassador to Malaysia Dr Huang Huikang defended Najib in his choice of words.

"I understood; Najib carefully chose the word 'ended' instead of 'collapsed', 'crushed' or 'nobody survived' because if he used those words it would have been a big blow to the family members.

"The Chinese families are still hoping that their loved ones are alive," he said.

Huikang stressed, the word 'ended' chosen by Najib provided a significant direction in the search and rescue (SAR) operation because it helped to narrow down the search area.

"Before this we had two search areas, the northern corridor and southern corridor. But with the conclusion made by Najib, we narrowed down the SAR area and concentrated at the southern," he said.

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v7/ge/newsgeneral.php?id=1027348

Malaysian police said earlier Wednesday they had interviewed about 170 people and were planning to continue questioning relatives of the 239 people who were aboard the Boeing 777-200ER, as well as others who may have had access to the plane.

On Wednesday, families of 18 Chinese passengers met privately for three hours with Malaysian government officials and investigators in Kuala Lumpur. The meeting had been called after they accused Malaysia of not being up-front with them about the investigation.

"We had a very good meeting with them," Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, head of Malaysia's civil aviation department, said after the information session with the families. "We answered all their questions."

The families' representative saw it differently. "I personally believe today's meeting had some progress, but the time was short and family members didn't have an opportunity to raise questions," said Jiang Hui.

Jiang said the families saw new data and PowerPoint slides that hadn't been shared before -- but the flight tracks were not provided.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/02/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/?hpt=hp_t1

Not that I am suggesting a passenger did anything wrong on the flight, but I don't believe out of 227 people not one had any personal or psychological issues going on!

EXCELLENT point. Did the fbi spend two weeks searching the computers of the passengers as they did the pilots?

I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member