Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they searched the jungles for it? Or just the sea? TIA.

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-mystery-compounded-by-mystery-1.2566983

"Did the plane turn around — and why?

Malaysian military officials say that radar data suggests that the plane might have turned back toward Kuala Lumpur before vanishing. But there’s no indication why they would do so, because no contact was made with air traffic controllers.
Some experts note that it may not be the result of the crew changing the flight direction. In Air France 447’s descent, the plane also changed its direction by more than 180 degrees, but only as an unintentional side effect, according to Bill Palmer, an Airbus 330 captain and author of Understanding Air France 447."

and then you have this tonight...

CNBCWorld ‏@CNBCWorld 58m
"Not confirmed that the aircraft turned back, that's something that puzzled us as well": Malaysia's civil aviation head on #CNBC on #MH370

https://twitter.com/CNBCWorld

Hijacking is #1 on my list of possible theories.
But in most hijacking situations, distress signals can still be sent out. Even if the plane did make an unexpected turn (hijacking or not), the pilot would have told ATC what was up. They have special signals for hijack scenarios.

So it's just weird that no signals were sent out and that it just dropped from anyone's radar.

One possible scenario is someone overtook the controls and was unable to stabilize the aircraft which began a rapid descent that could not be corrected? Just recalling how the hijackers operated on 9/11.

MOO

But if the Malaysia Airlines flight was hit by missiles, wouldn't there be debris scattered everywhere?

Hahaha...You'd think there would be debris, no matter what brought this plane down or caused it to disappear...I know nothing about missile explosions. Just trying to be open minded and consider ALL possibilities..Based on my extremely limited knowledge, I'm wondering if the missile is powerful enough, perhaps it would blow to smithereens? Or, at least, greatly widen the debris field?

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...nese-Plane-with-200-Passengers-out-of-the-Sky

A Chinese commercial flight with 200 passengers on board came within minutes of being hit by North Korean missiles.*

South Korea condemned the missile launch, with South Korean Defence Minister spokesman Kim Min-seok calling it "a serious issue of concern".

"The failure to protect the safety of civilians by issuing an advanced navigational warning according to international norms is a serious threat," he added.

North Korea defended their actions, with an army spokesman saying that such missile tests are conducted regularly, and that no flights were in danger because the North takes "scrupulous advance security measures for flight orbit and targets in the designated waters".

The BBC also reports that the U.S. has asked the UN Security CounciHl to take "appropriate action" against the North's missile testing. They say the recent North Korean missile tests "clearly used ballistic missile technology".

Korea isn't anywhere near the flight path of this plane. It is north of China.

I'm confused by that as well. WHY would the plane suddenly change course? And without alerting any air traffic controllers?

One of my theories is that it was hijacked and was heading back to Kuala Lumpur heading for the Petronas towers.

Although, now I don't know. :scared: because the plane fell off the radar.

Let's assume the plane was hijacked and took control of and started to turn back. What caused it to vanish? That's why i'm unsure it was hijacked.

The "wing" issue does not fly over well for me either because Malaysian Airlines is a 5 star rated airline. (I've flown them twice to Kuala Lumpur).

Then, a military strike is a possibility as well. That would open a whole new can of worms.

Whatever it is, I hope the lost 239 souls families get closure on this.

NEW MEDIA STATEMENT

Tuesday, March 11, 11:15 AM MYT +0800 Malaysia Airlines MH370 Flight Incident - 11th Media Statement

As we enter into Day 4, the aircraft is yet to be found.

The search and rescue teams have expanded the scope beyond the flight path. The focus now is on the West Peninsular of Malaysia at the Straits of Malacca. The authorities are looking at a possibility of an attempt made by MH370 to turn back to Subang. All angles are being looked at. We are not ruling out any possibilities.

The last known position of MH370 before it disappeared off the radar was 065515 North (longitude) and 1033443 East (latitude).

The mission is aided by various countries namely Australia, China, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines and the United States of America. The assets deployed to cover the search and rescue is expensive. In total there are nine aircraft and 24 vessels deployed on this mission.

Apart from the search in the sea, search on land in between these areas is also conducted.

The search and rescue teams have analysed debris and oil slick found in the waters. It is confirmed that it does not belong to MH370.

The B777-200 aircraft that operated MH370 underwent maintenance 10 days before this particular flight on 6 March 2014. The next check is due on 19 June 2014. The maintenance was conducted at the KLIA hangar and there were no issues on the health of the aircraft.

The aircraft was delivered to Malaysia Airlines in 2002 and have since recorded 53,465.21 hours with a total of 7525 cycles. All Malaysia Airlines aircraft are equipped with continuous data monitoring system called the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) which transmits data automatically. Nevertheless, there were no distress calls and no information was relayed.

Malaysia Airlines has a special task force to take care of families. Mercy Malaysia and Tzu Chi and others are also helping Malaysia Airlines by providing special psychological counseling to families and also the MH crew.

The Chinese government officials in Malaysia are also working closely with Malaysia Airlines. A representative from the embassy is stationed at the Emergency Operations Centre to assist with the emergency management and matters related to families in Kuala Lumpur.

In Beijing, the Prime Minister’s special envoy to China, Tan Sri Ong Ka Ting is there to assist and coordinate all operational matters with Malaysia Airlines.

We regret and empathise with the families and we will do whatever we can to ensure that all basic needs, comfort, psychological support are delivered. We are as anxious as the families to know the status of their loved ones.

To the families of the crew on-board MH370, we share your pain and anxiety. They are of the MAS family and we are deeply affected by this unfortunate incident.

Malaysia Airlines reiterates that it will continue to be transparent in communicating with the general public via the media on all matters affecting MH370.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/dark-site.html

Are there any other missile possibilities? It's not unprecedented by a plane to be hit by a missile. Siberia Airlines Flight 1812 was allegedly hit by a missile when Ukrainians were doing military exersizes. Everybody on the plane died.

When watching the video earlier, one without narrative, I noticed the one plane move very rapidly. Not a clue why though.

I noticed that too!! And I wondered, if one can go that fast, why can't they all?? I mean, if I have the choice between going 25 mph and 60, I'm choosing 60.

Weird.

I haven't read through the threads but couple things bother me about this. I can't understand how they've found no debris, I mean it's just disappeared out of thin air. I start to ask if certain governments know more than they are telling such as that it was hit by a missile.

The two stolen passports are very concerning and I read early on that SEVEN people bought tickets from that same agent that sold the two theirs. So were these the other five people that didn't board the flight and had their bags removed? Was luggage switched at checkin? I can tell you from flying back and forth from Europe many times that Amsterdam is very hard to get OUT of but landing is easy if you have EU residency - they will NOT scan anything, even if you are carrying on to another place in the EU. Getting out is another story - if you're traveling overseas. Basically I could go either way on this - I would want to know first, if it's true these other five were the ones that didn't in the end, board, and #2, if these passports were ever used to buy tickets in the past. These guys could have just been looking to get to Europe and got unlucky or they could be part of a bigger 'conspiracy.'

"The search and rescue teams have expanded the scope beyond the flight path. The focus now is on the West Peninsular of Malaysia at the Straits of Malacca. The authorities are looking at a possibility of an attempt made by MH370 to turn back to Subang. All angles are being looked at. We are not ruling out any possibilities."

Had to look this up on Google Earth, but.... WTF?! They MUST know more than they are saying if they are searching the Straits of Malacca. If it disappeared from radar over the Gulf of Thailand, why are they searching on the complete opposite side of Malaysia?!

"The search and rescue teams have expanded the scope beyond the flight path. The focus now is on the West Peninsular of Malaysia at the Straits of Malacca. The authorities are looking at a possibility of an attempt made by MH370 to turn back to Subang. All angles are being looked at. We are not ruling out any possibilities."

Had to look this up on Google Earth, but.... WTF?! They MUST know more than they are saying if they are searching the Straits of Malacca. If it disappeared from radar over the Gulf of Thailand, why are they searching on the complete opposite side of Malaysia?!

They think it might have turned around.
So if it's changed its flight plan it could be anywhere until fuel run out (or it landed, assuming there are any places it could land and be undetected).

As the Malaysian authorities announced they were doubling the size of the search area, Hong Kong's Civil Aviation Department said it had received a report from the crew of a Cathay Pacific plane flying from Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur at about 3pm that debris was spotted near Vung Tau, off southeast Vietnam.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1445698/10-chinese-satellites-deployed-search-missing-plane

<there are a few pictures on twitter, but they are reporting this, as well as the pictures, as "unconfirmed.">

Doesn't matter. They have long range capabilities....do we know where exactly they test their missiles? I'm not in love with this theory...just trying to think outside the box and think of theories not previously explored in great detail...Praying to God, this is not the case, however it has happened many times before....

So if it's changed its flight plan it could be anywhere until fuel run out (or it landed, assuming there are any places it could land and be undetected).

Right, but it turned around on radar, then vanished over the gulf of Thailand. So if it flew all the way to the other side of Malaysia, it would have been seen on radar.

Just to throw a conspiracy theory curve ball in the mix for some fun - RMAF (Ex RAAF) Base Butterworth is right in the path back toward that "New Search Area"

Its an easily secured military base with a runway length of just under 2,500m that is out of sight from public eyes ;)

I don't really believe this but I'm sure it will provide some food for thought hehe

WHERE IS THIS PLANE?? So frustrating. I can't imagine the families. :/

And who knew there were so many oil slicks and random debris in the ocean...not me.

I don't know what to think anymore.

Would like to ask our aviation experts if EMP (electronic magnetic pulse) has been analyzed as a potential cause for the lack of telemetry from MH370, either for distress signal from the plane itself, or the flight crew?

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse"]Electromagnetic pulse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I did find an interesting thread on EMP in aviation - from 2012 that I am including for reference. I hope it's not too O/T (Mods, please snip if necessary)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_32/487160_What_would_happen_to_jets_if_hit_by_EMP_.html

WHERE IS THIS PLANE?? So frustrating. I can't imagine the families. :/

And who knew there were so many oil slicks and random debris in the ocean...not me.

I don't know what to think anymore.
It is very strange.
Plane is supposed to have some sort of beacons on it activated by salt water, that would send signals if the plane was in water. Why aren't these beacons sending signals if its crashed into water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak