DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BkdgPrAIEAAk4g4.jpg:large

Source:
Mashable ‏@mashable 1h
Chinese ship detects possible black box pulse signal in #MH370's search area http://on.mash.to/1ilRjYd pic.twitter.com/miMj5Jz302

If the statement that others have listening to the ATC is even true, in all likelihood an inability to identify a flight deck staff member NTSB would began to look at an intruder or unauthorized individual!

Just for the record! The media, all along have this backwards. There are three segments, takeoff, cruise, landing. Crews amongst themselves decide who will do which segment. Very often the co-pilot needs the hours and the Captain is fine with him/her doing it .

In our situation, all the meaningless attention paid to the last transmission is irrelevant – means nothing. It is not like , especially in a nefarious situation, whoever was or was not at the controls can change in a millisecond. The media has made this like if pilot x was flying at x then HE did it! It’s silly!

And, they are totally wrong, again. The PF (Pilot Flying) does NOT do the communications. THE PNF (Pilot not flying) is the crewmember who handled communications, switching frequencies, configuring changes etc.!

If this is really it, the Malaysians get the black box.

I hope they get the NTSB to do the analysis.

If this is really it, the Malaysians get the black box.

I hope they get the NTSB to do the analysis.

Oh God, I didn't think about that. Seems like it will be a loooong while before we actually get to know anything.

What so they have not been able to establish contact with the Chinese ship for 12 hours??

omgggggg...............

OMG. No, no, no, no, nooooo!

lol, if this turned out to be the case, that would do it for me signing off on this mystery - the search team succeeded in finding.... each other.

I admit, I am falling for thisbreaking news - I am optimistic. However, the usual outcome of me being excited about new information is that I wind up stamping a big "SUCKER" across my forehead.

Oh God, I didn't think about that. Seems like it will be a loooong while before we actually get to know anything.

At this moment, i'm skeptic. CNN is talking about the ping find not being in the "search area" and how SAR went off course. :facepalm:

The update has yet to be confirmed by authorities.

Radar expert Professor David Stupples told Sky News: "If there has been a signal received, it could be the black box or it could be something extraneous.

"I don't know anything (else) that puts out the 37.5kHz signal."

http://news.sky.com/story/1237620/missing-plane-ship-detects-signal-in-ocean

Report: Chinese ship hears pulse signal

http://www.click2houston.com/news/scanners-scour-ocean-depths-for-flight-370/25336098

We are unable to verify any such information at this point in time," the media office of the Joint Agency Coordination Centre said in an e-mail

This could be a variety of things,” said oceanographer Simon Boxall, who said the frequency is used by a variety of instruments

Bolding is mine. I wish they’d coordinate with the “experts” that get interviewed, because the conflicting information from the various “experts” is probably the most maddening thing about this whole situation, and I really think a lot of people are attributing this kind of thing to the Malaysian gov’t, which doesn’t need any help looking bad.

The black box doesn’t just ping it has to be impacted or something has to happen to make it go off…

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Yep. This was discussed waaaaaaay back in one of the earliest threads (in case anyone wants to try to search it out). The locator beacons (pingers) activate when they sense water. I can’t remember if the recorders used in commercial airlines have impact (shock) sensors as well.

Hope pings eternal. I always knew it would be found in the last place they looked.

If the statement that others have listening to the ATC is even true, in all likelihood an inability to identify a flight deck staff member NTSB would began to look at an intruder or unauthorized individual!

Just for the record! The media, all along have this backwards. There are three segments, takeoff, cruise, landing. Crews amongst themselves decide who will do which segment. Very often the co-pilot needs the hours and the Captain is fine with him/her doing it .

In our situation, all the meaningless attention paid to the last transmission is irrelevant – means nothing. It is not like , especially in a nefarious situation, whoever was or was not at the controls can change in a millisecond. The media has made this like if pilot x was flying at x then HE did it! It’s silly!

And, they are totally wrong, again. The PF (Pilot Flying) does NOT do the communications. THE PNF (Pilot not flying) is the crewmember who handled communications, switching frequencies, configuring changes etc.!

They have went back and forth on when things were turned off, but the reason they are so focused on the last transmission is because things may have started before it occurred. If the co-pilot acted as if everything was fine after things started being shut down then it is suspicious.

At this moment, i'm skeptic. CNN is talking about the ping find not being in the "search area" and how SAR went off course. :facepalm:

YES. Quest said the ship wasn't in the assigned search area LOL I think it may be doing some spying not just for debris.... JMO

This was posted over at PPRuNE - all I can say to this is "**** that"

bYEBxSx.png

Reference "http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/535538-malaysian-airlines-mh370-contact-lost-464.html#post8420021"

''If'' this proves to be a positive pulse I.D it narrows the search area down from 85,000 to 10 square miles - the undersea floor topography profile in that region is mountain ranges - any recovery of wreckage if this is the crash site by ROV will be challenging but viable

WOW!

that is so beautiful and also so scary, in regards to searching for wreckage

I'll believe it when they actually confirm it's found. Had to step away; the "debris" reports were getting to me. Can't imagine being family or friend of someone missing. My prayers go out to them.

So, the "pings" were reported and no one (Australians) can get a hold of the Chinese authorities?

I don't want to blow margins but there is a really interesting map on this site: it shows the current ping in relation to last known location and current search areas. Looks like if this is the spot that the plane had less fuel than thought.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-southern-Indian-Ocean.html#comments-2597630

That is an interesting map. I love when the media creates simple graphics like this.

Would it indicate less fuel? The plane seems to have been flying, or at least sending signals for as long as they’d assumed it would based on the fuel it should have had on board.

What’s the total flight distance to this new location, vs. the original presumed crash area?

I can’t seem to find the correct words to say what I want to say. :laughitup:

Not going to discount it just because it's outside the search area. They haven't had a whole lotta luck in the search area and since we're not really sure where it went down... Hoping this is finally it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214