Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the ping wasn't from one of the search planes.
Do all planes have black boxes ?

the search planes beacon would not be sending a ping

Once the beacon becomes immersed into water, a built-in "water switch" activates it (water closing an electric circuit), and the beacon starts emitting its "pings"; the battery power should be sufficient for at least 30 days after the activation.

A 37.5 kHz (160.5 dB re 1 μPa) pinger can be detectable 1–2 kilometres (0.62–1.24 mi) from the surface in normal conditions and 4–5 kilometres (2.5–3.1 mi) in good conditions. A 37.5 kHz (180 dB re 1 μPa) transponder pinger can be detected 4–5 kilometres (2.5–3.1 mi) in normal conditions and 6–7 kilometres (3.7–4.3 mi) in good conditions. Transponder 10 kHz (180 dB re 1 μPa) range is 7–9 kilometres (4.3–5.6 mi) in normal conditions and 17–22 kilometres (11–14 mi) in good conditions.

http://avstop.com/history/flightrecorder.htm

Both recorders are installed in the most crash survivable part of the aircraft, usually the tail section. Each recorder is equipped with an Underwater Locator Beacon (ULB) to assist in locating in the event of an overwater accident. The device called a "pinger", is activated when the recorder is immersed in water. It transmits an acoustical signal on 37.5 KHz that can be detected with a special receiver. The beacon can transmit from depths down to 14,000 feet.

This was posted over at PPRuNE - all I can say to this is "**** that"

bYEBxSx.png

Reference "http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/535538-malaysian-airlines-mh370-contact-lost-464.html#post8420021"

''If'' this proves to be a positive pulse I.D it narrows the search area down from 85,000 to 10 square miles - the undersea floor topography profile in that region is mountain ranges - any recovery of wreckage if this is the crash site by ROV will be challenging but viable

Gawd - I hope the AUS ship that is towing the US pinger-locator didn't drop a test box in the water to be sure their equipment was functioning.

A reminder...if you post a graphic from another site please make sure you include the link as per WS rules.

Malaysia said earlier on Saturday it had begun a formal investigation into the jet's March 8 disappearance that would comprise experts from around the world.

Normally, a formal air safety investigation is not launched until wreckage is found. But there have been concerns that Malaysia's informal investigations to date have lacked the legal standing of an official inquiry convened under U.N. rules.

Defence and acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein told a news conference that Australia, China, the United States, the United Kingdom and France had agreed to send representatives to take part in the investigation.

Hishammuddin said that the investigation would be made up of three groups:
An "airworthiness" group would examine maintenance records, structures and systems;
an "operations" group would study flight recorders, operations and meteorology;
and a "medical and human factors" group would look into psychology, pathology and survival factors.

The Malaysian government has also set up ministerial committees to oversee everything pertaining to the next of kin of the passengers and crew on board the aircraft, the appointment of the investigation team and the deployment of assets in the search operation.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/04/05/malaysia-airlines-idINL4N0MX06L20140405

The cockpit conversation recording of the flight has been played to friends of the pilot and first officer, as well as to other pilots, in order to identify who was speaking, a source close to the investigation said Saturday.

But the voices have not been identified, the source said.

The recording was not played to the families of the pilot and first officer, the source said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/05/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

bbm

LOL, CNN scurrying to get their "all star" team of experts on-air with apparent short notice. Richard Quest limited to a phone appearance (did they catch him during the one hour of the day he sets aside for sleep?) and Mary Schaivo looking stunned and groggy.

:floorlaugh:

I think I echo what Richard Quest and others on CNN are saying....I'm cautiously optimistic.

I would think China would be sure before they release the information.

However, then I remember the satellite image of the plane they released in the first few days.

But I'm praying that this is it.

Photo taken on April 5, 2014 shows a piece of white floating object spotted by Chinese air force in the southern Indian Ocean. A Chinese air force plane searching for missing Malaysian passenger jet MH370 spotted a number of white floating objects in the search area Saturday. The plane photographed the objects over a period of 20 minutes after spotting them at 11:05 local time. (Xinhua/Huang Shubo)

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/china/2014-04/05/c_133241159.htm

iviskx.jpg

...if this is it...
Then the saying, "Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" ....seems very apt!

The synchronicity of finding the box at this point of time, in this vast a place.... It would be a miracle and an answer to so many prayers....
Maybe a higher power is helping in the search:please:

So hoping its true!

Someone on CNN this morning suggested that if this does turn out to be the black box, that perhaps China had some satellite information or some intelligence that it didn't share with others, and that's how they were able to find the box in an area which was not in any of the current or previous search areas.

But I think - who cares?! If they actually find the black box, who cares how they did it as long as they did it. They can try to get that information later on.

JMO.

I need to go make a strong cup of coffee
:coffeeup:

Well since it says China knew about it since I think the morning (yesterday) Australia time, Australia knew about it since noon, their time, yesterday - so it's already been almost 12 hours since Australia knew the news. So I'm thinking it will be a while before this is "confirmed" or "dismissed."

Richard Quest (on CNN) looks like he has been waiting his whole life for this moment.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

He is my "favorite" out of all the experts they have on for MH370. I like how he seems to always cut straight to the chase, tells it like it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member