Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some expat Iranians have dual citizenship. So the can use their Iranian passport to and from Iran. Then use their EU passport for re-entry. They can easily say they went "back home to visit family".

Their clothes look normal and I believe the cropped photo of the one guy is because he is wearing shorts.

JMO.

Mixed heritage is not that unusual in Europe. I'm in the UK, and I have a neighbour who is half Iranian, on his mother's side, and looks it. But his name is British, he was born here, and nothing on his passport other than his appearance would signal that ancestry. And I don't think the Malaysian officials are the fashion police.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ircraft-lost-normal-communication-ground.html

The New Straits Times said it had been told that checks on Fariq's phone history showed that the last person he spoke to was 'one of his regular contacts (a number that frequently appears on his outgoing phone logs.'

That last call, said the paper, was made no more than two hours before the flight took off 12.41am on March 8 from Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
Separate sources told the paper that checks on Fariq's phone showed that connection to the phone when he made that last call before he boarded the plane had been 'detached'.

'This is usually the result of the phone being switched off.

'At one point, however, when the airplane was airborne, between waypoint Igari and the spot near Penang (just before the aircraft went missing from radar), the line was "reattached".'
The paper said that a reattachment does not necessarily meant that a call was made. It could also be the result of the phone being switched on again.

Experts said that it was possible for a mobile phone to be connected to a telecommunications tower at an altitude of 7,000 feet - which is low for a large jet like the Boeing 777 unless it was flying at high speed to maintain height.

I don't know how much of this is true but at this point I am ready to listen to anything about this, but this would make sense if (if) the plane did (did) drop down to that 5000 fett we heard about early one. idk jmo

The search area seems to be changing to follow the currents ... but they still aren't finding anything. And no more acoustic signals in the last 24 hours apparently.

Seems to me that it is about time to call the planes back in, and send the subs in to start their search. Find the most likely area for the submersible search vehicle to search, and send it down to start its crawl across the ocean bed.

I don't think we're going to find debris now. It has been 5 weeks of fruitless searching, and I think everyone is getting disheartened ... including the searchers.

Aircraft and ships reported spotting a number of objects during yesterday's search, but only a small number were able to be recovered. None of the recovered items were confirmed to be associated with MH370.

mr_019-3-tn.jpg

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/april/mr019.aspx

From his story and his personally-presented pictures (some of the moon ones were quite funny), I firmly believe that the US landed people on the moon. And trust me here, this is something I know about.

I did some reading on this topic and my non-expert opinion is that it would have been much harder to fake than to really do it, so I decided I believe we did it!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/20...ld-data-on-mh370?mch=mobilenh&mchpost=tabloid

Malaysian military withheld data on MH370: source

Authorities from several countries were searching fruitlessly for the missing MH370 flight in the South China Sea for days, even though the Malaysian military reportedly knew the plane was not there.

While Malaysian officials are yet to expressly respond to this latest information, they have earlier justified their decision to withhold data saying that they did not want to risk confusion by sharing unverified data so early on in the each effort.

Meanwhile, a senior military official also told Reuters that air traffic control informed the military that the plane was missing at 2am, despite the plane disappearing from radar from than 45 minutes earlier.

The standard operating procedure required when a civilian plane goes missing is to inform the military within 15 minutes of the plane's disappearance.

The report is missing some information....

When the plane went missing from Radar at 1:21am Malaysia ATC was not aware of it until they were notified by Vietnam ATC after they (and another 777 in flight at 1:30am) tried unsuccessfully to contact 370

Now I thought, Vietnam ATC contacted Malaysia ATC at 1:40AM to notify them 370 was missing but I can't find that info right now...about 20 mins after they lost contact with MH370.

If the 1:40am time is correct then it took 20mins before Malaysia ATC contacted Malaysia Military to inform them the plane was missing

Took them a while to check his phone app records!!!! Co-pilot tried to make a phone call when the plane was flying low back over the peninsular...

http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/call-traced-to-co-pilot-s-phone-1.562612

From your link:

Sounds like mechanical failure is no longer an option.

Khalid had also said the crew were among the main "subjects of the investigations".
Their probe had been focused on four possible areas -- hijack, sabotage, as well as personal and psychological problems.

Read more: Call traced to co-pilot's phone - General - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general/call-traced-to-co-pilot-s-phone-1.562612#ixzz2yg9MfU76

That's true that you can't really assume someone's nationality from appearance any more with modern people being so mobile. But I do think there should be some kind of check for stolen passports, I would not want my country or community to acquire the reputation for being a lawless one, that never leads to anything good as far as I can see.

People from the Middle East can have a lot of different skin tones too. I have an uncle (by marriage) who is Lebanese and although he has black hair and slightly Semetic (in the being from the Middle East sense) features his skin is lighter than mine (I'm mostly a mix of Dutch, French, Alsatian, German and Irish).

I guess it's b/c the people checking the passports aren't taught to use common sense or think about what they're doing. All they do is check to see if passport looks forI ged, check picture against person - I guess that's it!

I caught two things already with the two Iranians which would have raised flags - one, their names don't match their looks. Second, they are not wearing European-style clothing. If you look at their clothes, it looks very obcviously made in a Middle-Eastern/South Asian country. They do not look like clothes sold in Europe. If they were really European citizens, they would be wearing European-style and Europea-quality clothing, esp. on the way back to their "home" country. And there is no way in the world they are going to be shopping for clothes in the countries they are visiting, because the quality of the clothing is much inferior to European or U.S. quality of clothing.

JMO.

Have you looked at your clothing tags lately? Most of mine, no matter where purchased were made somewhere in asia!! just sayin'

Took them a while to check his phone app records!!!! Co-pilot tried to make a phone call when the plane was flying low back over the peninsular...

My part in BOLD below..
The report says a DESPARATE call was made..that is a reporter Speculating IMO

Fariq's phone showed that connection to the phone had been "detached" before the plane took off.

"This is usually the result of the phone being switched off. At one point, however, when the airplane was airborne, between waypoint Igari and the spot near Penang (just before it went missing from radar), the line was 'reattached'.

"A 'reattachment' does not necessarily mean that a call was made. It can also be the result of the phone being switched on again," the sources said.

It's the ones CBSA has not shared with Homeland Security.

JMO.

It only applies to Canadians living or working in the US. Canadians on vacation or business trips don't go through the process.

Canadians studying or working in the United States will have their fingerprints verified each time they arrive in the country through an airport or seaport. The proposed changes to rules for the US-VISIT program, announced yesterday by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, will not generally apply to land crossings such as the International Bridge. However, Canadians crossing the bridge to Michigan may have their fingerprints checked if their identification documents are questioned. The rules will not apply to Canadians who travel to the U.S. to vacation, shop, or for brief business trips.

From http://www.sootoday.com/content/news...ryNumber=18772

Would there be any point in turning phone on to check for messages? I am guessing probably not?

That's different than what was originally said :waitasec:
I thought FBI or whoever cleared all the passengers and crew.

I think there is mix up or confusion over WHO or which country or department issued the statements..

Perhaps Interpol or the FBI say everyone is cleared

Perhaps someone in the Malay gov't said they are cleared

BUT...The Malaysian Police are the Lead investigators right?, they have not Cleared everyone so it seems
Is this there way of establishing they are the Lead investigators, they are in charge of this investigation and the official reports will come from them?

That's different than what was originally said :waitasec:
I thought FBI or whoever cleared all the passengers and crew.

I would think that it is the Malaysian LE that have not cleared all the passengers. Obviously nothing has shown up as red flags at this point regarding the passengers, nothing from the US, nothing from China, Iranians seem to check out as nothing suspicious (since this appears to be a common way for Iranians to get out of Iran) and the remaining passengers all have been checked. Even the cargo is suspect at this point. jmo

Would there be any point in turning phone on to check for messages? I am guessing probably not?

This information is coming from "sources"

Reports are saying the phone was re-attached
Does that mean it was just turned on? and nothing more?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/12/mh370-co-pilot-phonecall-malaysia

The phone line was "reattached" between the time the plane veered off course and blipped off the radar, the government-controlled paper quoted the second source as saying.

"A 'reattachment' does not necessarily mean that a call was made. It can also be the result of the phone being switched on again."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/12/mh370-co-pilot-phonecall-malaysia

The co-pilot of the missing Malaysian airliner MH370 tried to make a mid-flight call from his mobile phone just before the plane vanished from radar screens, according to Malaysian newspaper reports.
Reports are also saying the co-pilot tried to make a mid-flight call

There would have to be 2 events, Right?
1) Cellphone turned ON and acquires signal from tower
2) Cellphone call is made to a certain phone number

The Cellphone carrier would have the information if a call to a certain phone number was entered or made at this time if the cellphone acquired a signal.

I guess it's b/c the people checking the passports aren't taught to use common sense or think about what they're doing. All they do is check to see if passport looks forI ged, check picture against person - I guess that's it!

I caught two things already with the two Iranians which would have raised flags - one, their names don't match their looks. Second, they are not wearing European-style clothing. If you look at their clothes, it looks very obcviously made in a Middle-Eastern/South Asian country. They do not look like clothes sold in Europe. If they were really European citizens, they would be wearing European-style and Europea-quality clothing, esp. on the way back to their "home" country. And there is no way in the world they are going to be shopping for clothes in the countries they are visiting, because the quality of the clothing is much inferior to European or U.S. quality of clothing.

JMO.

Their clothes looked perfectly normal to me for guys in late teens to twenties.
Especially the older guy with the logo shirt (It has that Ed Hardy DB vibe going, to me). What about them looks so Middle Eastern/Asian to you?
I don't see the UN-European thing you are seeing :waitasec:

(Catching up so if this has been addressed already, disregard!).

ETA- BTW, my mother is American born but has Middle Eastern heritage. In her lifetime she has been mistaken for Italian, Greek, American-Indian, Spanish, etc.

Wow. Do u think it's true though? I have trouble believing any reports.

Them saying the FO made a phone call with his cell phone?

How do they do know? They do not have the phone obviously and we had many discussion of cell phones on this aricraft and it not capable of making calls without pinging a tower.

I must agree with him, not to confirm something that he has no verification of.

It is the Media that is reporting a phone call was made, or a Desperate Phone call was made

But in the body of their report they then state the cellphone re-attached and then detached from a cellphone tower

IF a phone call was placed the Carrier would have that information and more.
WE can go online to our cellphone record and see the outgoing and incoming calls..
The Police can request that information as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member