Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading the sailor's forum today & the sailor's husband mentioned
something I am totally unfamiliar with called "submarine cable".
He says that when they were in the Adaman Islands they saw a ship
which they first assumed was working on the "submarine cable".
But over the course of a couple of days, this ship was going
back & forth as if they were searching for something.
He was afraid that he might find somebody clinging to a buoy for dear life.
So at the time, he wondered why the ship didn't approach them
to see if they had witnessed anything.

Well I thought it was an odd co-incidence because I had only read
about "submarine cable" once before in my life & it was in connection
to a MH370 passenger who was an executive in this field.

She is listed on the flight manifest as Chinese passenger in seat#14C
"Hualian Zhang" @42, but she was widely known by her nickname "Happy".
She was the Vice-President of network planning for "China Telecom Global"
who have investments in more than half a dozen new cables.

One of her peers in the telecom industry wrote about her saying that
Happy ZHANG was a true leader. When the industry was stumbling,
she took on a very important leadership role & single heandedly
saved the industry from disaster. She oversaw the largest
expansion of China in the submarine cable industry.

She was returning from Kuala-Lumpur after signing the construction &
maintenance agreement for Sea-Me-We-5, the planned submarine cable
which will stretch 20,000 km from Singapore to Europe.

Some people theorize whether the disappearance of MH370 had something to do
with corporate intrigue since there were 20 Freescale employees on board.
So this is another big corporate connection.

That is me posting as advocate. I'm going to try to get him to join here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-southern-Indian-Ocean-on-home-simulator.html JUNE 22, 2014

"We have to continue with the lead because the best lead we have is based on the handshake on the Inmarsat [satellite data] and still in the southern corridor", he said.

Sources close to the investigation confirmed to The Telegraph on Sunday that a deleted flight path had been recovered from Capt Zaharie's simulator which had been used to practice landing an aircraft on a small runway on an unnamed island in the far southern Indian Ocean.

The records of the simulation were deleted, but retrieved by security experts as police found the captain, married with three children, had no social or work engagements lined up for the future - unlike other crew members.
--------------------------

If MH370 did not disappear I probably wouldn't be curious about the simulator files, about an experienced pilot doing landing drills on to land a plane in remote areas because it could very well be for emergency purposes.

I have previously looked up islands in the south Indian Ocean and Southern Ocean..and the ones I looked at were islands or territories owned by Britain or France

IIRC, most of these islands do not have permanent inhabitants but seasonal ones..

Also still have the same theory. Just cannot believe after over three months NOTHING has been found to even give a clue what occurred and I am really skeptical of the searches at this point. Not that I believe the Australian search wasn't based on what they believed to be credible information, but that the information itself which led them to search that area was erroneous.

MOO

I know...it's crazy.
3 months later and still nothing.

I think the Immersat data was wrong. But IIRC, they used data/technology that hadn't used before, so really...how accurate could they have been?

I was reading the sailor's forum today & the sailor's husband mentioned
something I am totally unfamiliar with called "submarine cable".
He says that when they were in the Adaman Islands they saw a ship
which they first assumed was working on the "submarine cable".
But over the course of a couple of days, this ship was going
back & forth as if they were searching for something.
He was afraid that he might find somebody clinging to a buoy for dear life.
So at the time, he wondered why the ship didn't approach them
to see if they had witnessed anything.

Well I thought it was an odd co-incidence because I had only read
about "submarine cable" once before in my life & it was in connection
to a MH370 passenger who was an executive in this field.

She is listed on the flight manifest as Chinese passenger in seat#14C
"Hualian Zhang" @42, but she was widely known by her nickname "Happy".
She was the Vice-President of network planning for "China Telecom Global"
who have investments in more than half a dozen new cables.

One of her peers in the telecom industry wrote about her saying that
Happy ZHANG was a true leader. When the industry was stumbling,
she took on a very important leadership role & single heandedly
saved the industry from disaster. She oversaw the largest
expansion of China in the submarine cable industry.

She was returning from Kuala-Lumpur after signing the construction &
maintenance agreement for Sea-Me-We-5, the planned submarine cable
which will stretch 20,000 km from Singapore to Europe.

Some people theorize whether the disappearance of MH370 had something to do
with corporate intrigue since there were 20 Freescale employees on board.
So this is another big corporate connection.

Submarine cables - This is what the Internet actually looks like: The undersea cables wiring the Earth The information age is powered by thin fiber-optic cables buried in the sea bed, spreading between continents to connect the most remote corners of the planet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-southern-Indian-Ocean-on-home-simulator.html JUNE 22, 2014

"We have to continue with the lead because the best lead we have is based on the handshake on the Inmarsat [satellite data] and still in the southern corridor", he said.

Sources close to the investigation confirmed to The Telegraph on Sunday that a deleted flight path had been recovered from Capt Zaharie's simulator which had been used to practice landing an aircraft on a small runway on an unnamed island in the far southern Indian Ocean.

The records of the simulation were deleted, but retrieved by security experts as police found the captain, married with three children, had no social or work engagements lined up for the future - unlike other crew members.
--------------------------

If MH370 did not disappear I probably wouldn't be curious about the simulator files, about an experienced pilot doing landing drills on to land a plane in remote areas because it could very well be for emergency purposes.

I have previously looked up islands in the south Indian Ocean and Southern Ocean..and the ones I looked at were islands or territories owned by Britain or France

IIRC, most of these islands do not have permanent inhabitants but seasonal ones..
I haven't suspected Captain Shah of planning to purposefully down the aircraft. However, I am curious what "work engagements" a pilot would normally have "lined up for the future" and what flight routes he had on his schedule which would have called for an emergency landing (on his simulator) on an island in the south Indian Ocean. What I really am not understanding with his use of the simulator is *IF* he were to have had to make such an emergency landing during a real flight, how would anyone be able to reach the plane to rescue those aboard? Would the plane be able to make radio contact with anyone on such a remote island, assuming there was a runway long enough for the plane to safely land in the first place?

:waitasec:

MOO

I think the Immersat data was wrong. But IIRC, they used data/technology
that hadn't used before, so really...how accurate could they have been?

The only part that was "theory" is whether the plane went north or south
... so are you saying that you think the plane went north ?

I haven't suspected Captain Shah of planning to purposefully down the aircraft. However, I am curious what "work engagements" a pilot would normally have "lined up for the future" and what flight routes he had on his schedule which would have called for an emergency landing (on his simulator) on an island in the south Indian Ocean. What I really am not understanding with his use of the simulator is *IF* he were to have had to make such an emergency landing during a real flight, how would anyone be able to reach the plane to rescue those aboard? Would the plane be able to make radio contact with anyone on such a remote island, assuming there was a runway long enough for the plane to safely land in the first place?

MOO

Another question might be how many flights are there from Malaysia to a destination where these islands would be used for an emergency landing???? There really is nothing in that area that I can see.

Another question might be how many flights are there from Malaysia to a destination where these islands would be used for an emergency landing???? There really is nothing in that area that I can see.

Exactly! Normally flight crews have certain routes they regularly fly, and I can't imagine which ones would be on Capt. Shah's itinerary that would involve emergency landings in the south Indian Ocean. The only thing I can think of, besides him commandeering this flight for nefarious purposes, is just pure interest on his simulator to see if he could land this type of aircraft there.

MOO

There's a rather major airport, Monkey Mia Airport. on the most westerly point of West Australia.

I've wondered ever since the arc maps were first released whether somewhere in that area of WA was where the plane was heading to.

mtqs9k.jpg

image.aspx

http://www.sharkbay.org/getting_to.aspx

MOO

I am curious about this Unnamed island they say Cpt Shah had programmed into the flight simulator..I would like to know it's location in the south Indian Ocean

I have been looking at satellite maps of the south indian ocean and the islands I can have seen don't seem to have any sort of landing strip and if they have inhabited areas it seems they are only accessible by ship

some are uninhabited and some have a very small number of seasonal inhabitants doing research.

These islands are very isolated and remote

We have previously been told that the Captain had 5 runways in his simulator which were:

- 3 runways in India 77E 21N & Sri Lanka 81E 8N
- Male International Airport in Maldives 73E 3N
- Diego-Garcia (US Naval base) 72E 7N

http://english.astroawani.com/news/...nd-in-captain-zaharies-flight-simulator-32034

The satellite was stationed aboutt 64° East longitude & 1° North lattude.
The suspected arc areas for current plane location is about 90E.

To roughly evaluate the distances involved, we can use 60 miles for each degree.
So for instance, the distance between the plane's suspected location & the Maldives
is going to be about 1500 miles.
And if a plane flies at about 500 mph then it is about 3 hours away.

If you want to see some estimates for the ping ring timing theory regarding distances involved ...
http://www.duncansteel.com/archives/date/2014/04/12

I agree,
In the area of the south indian ocean I have been looking at there are very few islands
these islands are very isolated and remote
I have searched but have not been able to find one with a landing strip, any kind of landing strip

We have previously been told that the Captain had 5 runways in his simulator which were:

- 3 runways in India 77E 21N & Sri Lanka 81E 8N
- Male International Airport in Maldives 73E 3N
- Diego-Garcia (US Naval base) 72E 7N

http://english.astroawani.com/news/...nd-in-captain-zaharies-flight-simulator-32034

The satellite was stationed aboutt 64° East longitude & 1° North lattude.
The suspected arc areas for current plane location is about 90E.

To roughly evaluate the distances involved, we can use 600 miles for each degree.
So for instance, the distance between the plane's suspected location & the Maldives
is going to be about 1500 miles.
And if a plane flies at about 500 mph then it is about 3 hours away.

If you want to see some estimates for the ping ring timing theory regarding distances involved ...
http://www.duncansteel.com/archives/date/2014/04/12

We knew about those practice island landings listed early on. It appears they are talking about new information retrieved off his computer of practicing landings on smaller, previously unnamed uninhabited islands in the South Indian Ocean. There aren't that many. Hopefully they will give us more information on what other islands he practiced a landing on.

There is no reason that I can see to practice a landing in the South Indian Ocean if no one ever uses that route. I'd also like to know how close to the time of his flight did he practice these landings. Weeks, months, days???? I can also see if this is true Malaysia LE may be correct about the pilot. jmo

I don't think it went North.
I still feel it's South. Just not where Immersat says/said it was.

JMO

We knew about those practice island landings listed early on. It appears they are talking about new information retrieved off his computer of practicing landings on smaller, previously unnamed uninhabited islands in the South Indian Ocean. There aren't that many. Hopefully they will give us more information on what other islands he practiced a landing on.

There is no reason that I can see to practice a landing in the South Indian Ocean if no one ever uses that route. I'd also like to know how close to the time of his flight did he practice these landings. Weeks, months, days???? I can also see if this is true Malaysia LE may be correct about the pilot. jmo

Agree, the time frame for his "practice landings" is critical. If only days before the disappearance of MH370, I could see a connection. However, if this occurred weeks or months prior, it may not be important at all. One would think if the captain planned to do something, the "dry run" (on the simulator) would be much closer in time to the actual event.

MOO

Yes. I still don't believe it went South since, I believe, Australia/US would have spotted it. North, on the other hand, different story.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member