Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here the thing... he went off course, then flew the plane off radar for 4 hours just to ditch it in the Indian ocean? :scared: It doesn't make sense! :banghead:

IDK, but if I was suicide, I would not prolong it. I would power-off the transponder and ?; but certainly not fly for 4-5 hours with all the passengers/crew onboard? :scared:

I hope they have checked out all of North Korea

Silently spiriting the plane away from all radar detection and crashing it into the Indian Ocean makes sense (as a suicide) if the pilot intended for the wreckage (meaning also the suicide itself) to go unknown forever.

Here the thing... he went off course, then flew the plane off radar for 4 hours just to ditch it in the Indian ocean? :scared: It doesn't make sense! :banghead:

IDK, but if I was suicide, I would not prolong it. I would power-off the transponder and ?; but certainly not fly for 4-5 hours with all the passengers/crew onboard? :scared:

Perhaps he had a place where he wanted to do it? I have heard about people who travel thousands of miles to kill themselves. Maybe the lat/long coordinates in the ocean are significant to him? IDK!

I hope they have checked out all of North Korea

If they were flying low, under the radar, this uses more fuel. I'm not sure they would have had enough fuel to reach North Korea under those circumstances.

True - but that island... hot, arid, no source of food after running out of plane food (other than turtles/birds/fish), no fresh water (after running out of the plane's supply). At least in the Andes they had water (melted snow, if nothing else), and vegetation.

There's just nada on that island to keep anyone alive.

And, I think the airstrip is dirt.

What if that island was intended for a destination...

and that there were other people prepared to intercept them (with supplies/boats/???)

Silly, maybe...but this whole situation is pretty baffling... To say the least...

JMO

If they were flying low, under the radar, this uses more fuel. I'm not sure they would have had enough fuel to reach North Korea under those circumstances.

Some Malaysian army officers were suggesting NK fighters may have forced its path into the flatlands in the search radius.

The blip on the radar was at 29,500 ft- just under the radar. I do not know how much more fuel it would burn only 500 ft below radar...

This is the transponder. A flick of a switch. Nonsense.

external

Source: "http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/did-mh370-fly-on-for-hours-satellite-data-indicates-malaysia-airlines-flight-may-have-strayed-as-far-off-course-as-the-indian-ocean/story-fnizu68q-1226854092765"

Perhaps he had a place where he wanted to do it? I have heard about people who travel thousands of miles to kill themselves. Maybe the lat/long coordinates in the ocean are significant to him? IDK!

Yes, this has crossed my mind also.

I feel like the most logical conclusion is pilot suicide, however like someone else has previously mentioned, we don't think like terrorists, so perhaps the fact that we want logical answers, is our own stumbling block? If it is pilot suicide, perhaps he did the turn around, to purposely crash of course, into deeper waters? Such as the Indian Ocean? However, I then have the thought, why did no one board communicate any distress? If it is in fact pilot suicide, none of the crew members signaled a distress call?? Surely they're not all in on it..did some of the passengers (passenger 84 comes to mind again) subdue the flight crew? Was it pilot or co-pilot suicide? After running through questions like that, it's almost easier to conclude hijacking/terrorism...

No matter what the 'official' conclusion is for the fate of this plane, it is all but certain that said conclusion will not be universally accepted. This incident is going to spark and fuel conspiracy theories for centuries to come.

I am cautiously optimistic that it wasn't an accident given the latest news and if the plane continued for hours I am hopeful that it is not a suicide because I cannot understand why, if a pilot decided upon suicide, he would continue going for hours. At some point you would hope someone (co-pilot? Crew?) would talk him out of it and/or he would realize how many he would be taking out with himself.

I keep seeing that picture of the sand art praying for miracles on someone's signature here (love it) --- I really, really, really hope that some or all of the passengers are being held alive somewhere. I am hopeful that the best case scenario is at least possible despite the odds with the new information.

I agree... I don't understand why you'd keep going for hours to commit suicide.
I could believe passengers and crew didn't realize they were off course.
However, I'd like to believe the second pilot would realize something was wrong. :twocents:

I am looking at any scenario that allows the passengers to have survived. :please:

There was NO vegetation in the Andes where the plane crashed in 1972. They had a tiny bit of snack food that ran out within the first few days (even though it was sparingly given). They survived on the bodies of the deceased.

(I have read the book many times. One of my favorite books. Not for the goriness of the story but because of the spirit and faith the boys showed and how they rescued themselves. Rescuers gave up on them so they rescued themselves, about 70 days later).

Thanks for the info - I really had no idea. When I think of the Andes, I think of Machu Picchu and the more lush, jungle-like regions. But given the length of the Andes range, there are obviously areas that are more barren.

I think I may look into the book. :seeya:

If it is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean, it could be in the abyss. Talk about finding a needle in a hay stack as it could be anywhere in the Indian Ocean. :maddening: :eek:

This is unacceptable: we'll all end up at the funny farm 25 yrs down the road, still searching TomNod and trying to figure just where this plane is. :no: No, no, no. It has to be found so that I can return to normal life. :scared:

On a more serious note, I can't imagine families' anguish and the roller coaster ride. Are they dead? Are they alive?

From today, March 14, 2014:

"SEPANG - Malaysia has placed the search effort for the missing MH370 flight above the importance of its national security.

Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein said the military had released raw data from its radar systems to other countries assisting in the operation.

Hishammuddin, who is also Acting Transport Minister, said there were times when they had not been able to reveal certain radar data because these first required analysis and confirmation by other agencies.

"To release the information before it was ready could have compromised the investigation or search effort, and added to the anguish of the relatives," he said."

http://news.asiaone.com/news/malaysia/missing-mh370-search-takes-priority-over-national-security

------------------------------

Why does all of this sound like double-speak?

Yes - I've been in car a lot this evening and I have Sirius radio - I've listened to multiple stations - everyone had a different aviation expert. One thing they all agreed upon was that this was *not* an accident....the few bits of credible evidence we DO have - shows that these devices were turned off on purpose and it had to be done in the cockpit. SO - either one of the pilots flipped out or a well planned attack was successful in taking over the cockpit - AND if this were the case - the hijackers were very familiar with this airplane.

[bbm]

well, it wouldn't take much - just book a couple of pretty girls some tickets and apparently the pilots would invite them right into the cockpit ~sigh~

Chinese scientists observe 'seismic event' on sea floor

A team of seismologists at one of China's top universities said they had detected a slight seismic event on the sea floor between Vietnam and Malaysia on March 8, which might be consistent with an airplane crashing into the sea, and possibly related to the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370.

The discovery, posted on the website of the University of Science and Technology of China on Friday, is the latest of many possible leads in the massive international search operation for the Malaysian Airlines flight after it lost contact with air control and dropped off radar screens in the early hours of March 8, with 239 people on board.

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/artic...ng-flight-expand-indian-ocean-mh370-satellite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn