Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping it landed on Tromelin Island.

Uninhabited except for birds and turtles.
1200 meter landing strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does appear to possibly be within the range...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/I...2!3m1!1s0x22326be19257779f:0xa87dedc462b1ef20

A C-160 military plane landed on this island... (pictures)

http://www.panoramio.com/user/768202/tags/Tromelin

Though it does look like they don't need as long of a runway as a 777.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transall_C-160

What if that island was intended for a destination...

and that there were other people prepared to intercept them (with supplies/boats/???)

Silly, maybe...but this whole situation is pretty baffling... To say the least...

JMO

That is exactly what I was going to say.
How often do planes fly over this island?
Would it be possible to set up ahead of time and not be noticed?
They could have all sorts of supplies there if this was planned for months.
They could have even set up some sort of lights there. :twocents:

:please:

d203eda0ec2f4cc2ce9680cb493cbf33.jpg

Good afternoon. I’ll be keeping you updated on all the latest news in the search for flight MH370, now in its sixth day.
The twists and turns in the ever-widening search effort have prompted this take from reputable American news journal, The Onion:

"Following a host of conflicting reports in the wake of the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 last Saturday, representatives from the Kuala Lumpur–based carrier acknowledged they had widened their investigation into the vanished Boeing 777 aircraft today to encompass not only the possibilities of mechanical failure, pilot error, terrorist activity, or a botched hijacking, but also the overarching scope of space, time, and humankind’s place in the universe."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-plane-search-continues-amid-signals-mystery

Is this guy being Facetious or does he actually believe The Onion is a reputable news journal?
I mean, I know of all people I should be able to tell if he's being Facetious... but I'm not sure.
:giggle:

7ucg.jpg

The photo taken on March 13, 2014 shows good wishes on a banner dedicated to all involved with the missing Malaysian aircraft at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang, Malaysia. Photograph: He Jingjia/Xinhua Press/Corbi
s

dkq0.jpg

Muslim men offer prayers at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport for the missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner MH370, Thursday, March 13, 2014, in Sepang, Malaysia. Photograph: Wong Maye-E/AP

http://www.theguardian.com/world/bl...is-detected-by-chinese-satellite-live-updates

One of you, ty, put a picture of the Boeing 777 cockpit. It looks so pristine and state of the art. I was wondering how in the world it is kept so clean. This sounds silly but detailing around all those knobs. Then I wondered what cigarette smoke would do to it in that tightly enclosed space?? If it is forbidden whomever cleans it had to know it was going on.:sweep:

I agree... I don't understand why you'd keep going for hours to commit suicide.
I could believe passengers and crew didn't realize they were off course.
However, I'd like to believe the second pilot would realize something was wrong. :twocents:

I am looking at any scenario that allows the passengers to have survived. :please:

I agree. Do pilots get to carry weapons, like a gun? If it was a suicide, I feel strongly that the pilot or co-pilot would have had to take out the other because the plane supposedly flew on for so long afterward. That would leave the FAs and passengers to figure it out. Passengers would likely be sleeping (although I would be shocked if each and every one was sleeping). I keep going back to the hidden axe. Don't FAs normally speak with the pilots at least periodically throughout a flight? I had never known about hidden axes on planes before now so it is possible the passengers didn't know about it either, but the FAs probably did. I just don't understand how a suicide could have occurred with no one talking some sense into him or overcoming him with force.

I've thought about something akin to a suicide bomber but I still don't understand why someone would continue for so long.

I am also curious about the possible psych issue. Depending on what was up, could there have been a psychotic break (think of that recent situation with the mom driving her kids around and eventually trying to drive them into the ocean)? That would account for what appears like illogical choices to us. You would think he would have been acting up though beforehand. Even in the case I just mentioned, the sister noticed and called LE.

IDK, no theory seems to account for all the weirdness. Hopefully the discovery will answer all the questions but I totally agree with whoever mentioned that even with a discovery and explanation, it will probably not be universally accepted.

Thanks for the info - I really had no idea. When I think of the Andes, I think of Machu Picchu and the more lush, jungle-like regions. But given the length of the Andes range, there are obviously areas that are more barren.

I think I may look into the book. :seeya:

I know some people prefer the book... but if you don't have time to read it, there are documentaries on youtube.

The documentaries have interviews with the actual survivors and re-enactments.
I Am Alive: Surviving the Andes Plane Crash is one of them. :seeya:

I haven't read the book yet because I have a 10 year old book worm and I don't want her reading it now.
Though I am a bit of a documentary, survival show nut... so that might be part of it too.

If the plane flew for hours and it was a suicide, I doubt he announced it was a suicide. Maybe he made up some excuse - obviously the crew would know something was up, but probably wouldn't start going after him with an axe. I imagine the whole situation was confusing if that indeed happened. I doubt people would have known what was going to happen.

One of you, ty, put a picture of the Boeing 777 cockpit. It looks so pristine and state of the art. I was wondering how in the world it is kept so clean. This sounds silly but detailing around all those knobs. Then I wondered what cigarette smoke would do to it in that tightly enclosed space?? If it is forbidden whomever cleans it had to know it was going on.:sweep:

So far as I'm aware, most commercial planes have smoke detectors in the cabin, toilets, and flight deck (previously known as the cockpit), more for safety reasons than busting folks for smoking.

It is true... it does look amazing and extremely complicated.
Despite it's beauty I get anxious just looking at that.

It's all I can do to know what all the buttons in my VEHICLE do (and we are a family that is into cars.)
I would have a panic attack just looking at this, much less trying to FLY it.
Pilot's brains clearly process things faster and differently than my brain does. :scared:

ywjs.jpg

http://777boeing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/boeing_777_cockpit.jpeg

xsjj.jpg

http://www.plane-pictures.com/upload/files/actual/boeing 777 cockpit-715.jpg

Expert on Greta states there are many many airstrips a 777 could land, but not take back off- unless plane had a light fuel load

Expert on Greta states there are many many airstrips a 777 could land, but not take back off- unless plane had a light fuel load

And it likely would have a light fuel load after making it to those air strips... :waitasec:

If the plane flew for hours and it was a suicide, I doubt he announced it was a suicide. Maybe he made up some excuse - obviously the crew would know something was up, but probably wouldn't start going after him with an axe. I imagine the whole situation was confusing if that indeed happened. I doubt people would have known what was going to happen.

I don't think anyone would suggest he would announce it. If he had, I'm sure there would have been a struggle right then and there.

I wasn't suggesting going after him with an axe either - just to bust through the door if it were locked and he refused to allow anyone in.

If the FAs did become aware that something was very off, how are they trained to handle it? I would hope that many have undergone some kind of training related to what to do in various situations - hostile passengers, possible terrorists, situations in which both the pilot & co-pilot are incapacitated for whatever reason - but then again, I can't say that they do in fact receive training for those kind of scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*