Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been wondering about Vietnam myself - so little has been said about the ATC hand off. Were they sleeping? Not there to receive the hand off? I have no clue but have wondered and even imagined the plane could have landed there. Now, with all the satellite pings, that's not a possibility.

My husband said he wouldn't be surprised if, in Vietnam, the radar is turned off during the night (as per comment about radar being expensive). Crazy, huh?

Yes. And it's just that, if you look at the map they are constantly showing, it goes alllll the way over Malaysia, into the ocean, and then turns west. When they could have just turned transponder off earlier, turned northwest earlier, and gone on their indented NEW route. Instead of wasting time and fuel going in such a round-a-bout way.

That is my hope and I know it's the passengers only chance of being alive.
It's just scary there are so many abandoned runways, some even on ISLANDS.
Obviously I've never thought about it before so I didn't know that there were so many.

My children now know about as much about the Geography over there as they do of America!
We've looked into several of the gorgeous islands over there and some history of the area. :seeya:

Where over there are you referring to?

Those jumbo jets need huge runways. I was once on a flight to Denver and we couldn't land due to weather. We were diverted to Albuquerque b/c none of the local airports could handle us.

Thanks
You just answered a question I posted a minute ago.

No problem. :seeya:
This has been VERY eye opening and educational for me.
To see the number of islands with runways... or abandoned runways in uninhabited areas... wow.
(One island had a 12,000 foot runway, I think that would accommodate ANY plane.)

There are literally HUNDREDS... someone made a map of them but I don't think it's made it to MSM yet.
Did anyone else see the map with all of the runways pinpointed, from a source we can link?

My kids have decided they would love to live on an Island with a runway, with a pilot and a plane...
No neighbors but the ability to get in and out when needed. :giggle:

On CNN they are discussing that the last message is suspect because of sequence of events. Not because of the words that were used even though not standard.

I've yet to determine if they are speculating or if the sequence of events have been confirmed officially.

note ~ I typed "alright", versus all right, because that's the way they've been displaying it on TV.

My question was directed more at the terminology even without knowing the sequence of events, i.e. ACAR and transponder off. It didn't appear to be a standard communication unless something else came before or followed it.

MOO

Somalia, that would not surprise me, imo.....

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blo...political-mystery-of-malaysia-flight-370.html

"No one knows where this airplane is, or what might have happened to it. The Post has a good map showing the possible new range of the search: four hours could have taken the plane twenty-four hundred miles away, but it had seven hours’ worth of fuel, so maybe it was four thousand miles; Flight 370 could, by that measure, have made it to Somalia."

I don't think it was anyone involved with Malaysia b/c look at where the transponder turned off. They wasted a lot of time and fuel, when they could have just turned off the transponder during Malaysian ATC, and turned left....it woudl have saved them a lot of time and fuel.

Instead, they followed their original flight plan all through Malaysia and out into the ocean until they, apparently, got into Vietnam ATC, and then they turned left.

That means a lot of wasted time and fuel to do that, IMO.

That doesn't rule out the possiblity of assistance coming from anyone in Malaysia, someone could have helped them in any number of ways, perhaps letting them carry weapons onto the plane. What it does mean is that the Malaysain government as a whole was not in on the plot. The timing of events, turning off the transponder in that overlapping area between airspaces was, IMO, meant to buy the hijackers time to get the plane out of the area while Malaysia and VN ATC's were like :waitasec:

This will end up being part of the jihad.

Malaysia has a lot of islamists and internal terrorism, and the Australian govt has been giving out travel warnings about it all year.

But what if the mumbling was another person speaking another language?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know which language they were speaking but I thought(though not certain) that English was the language that they are to use on international flights...

I wasn't sure but then I found this..
http://www.aviation-esl.com/ICAO_English.htm

The International Civil Aviation Organisation has decreed that from 1 January 2008 all Air Traffic Controllers and Flight Crew Members engaged in or in contact with international flights must be proficient in the English language as a general spoken medium and not simply have a proficiency in standard ICAO Radio Telephony Phraseology.

This has important implications for all aircrew and controllers. Those who do not have proficiency must acquire it by that date or risk removal from international flight routes.

I believe it. Even my dad said that passengers traveling on stolen passports are not uncommon. That's something I keep having to remind myself of, that just because we increased airport security after 9/11, doesn't mean that other countries did.

Do you think things will change over there now, security-wise?

Probably not unless it could absolutely be determined that the two men with the stolen passports hijacked this aircraft....which won't happen, in my opinion.

MOO

Those jumbo jets need huge runways. I was once on a flight to Denver and we couldn't land due to weather. We were diverted to Albuquerque b/c none of the local airports could handle us.

This is not always the case. A plane like the 777 only 100% needs a lot of runway to take off, not to land.

Keep in mind, much of what the US FAA requires goes above and beyond the requirements of safety.

But a 777 could make a beautiful landing in less than ideal circumstances.

I am beginning to have a lot of suspicion that it was one of the two pilots that took over the flight. I don't think it was both, however. I am wondering if one of them secretly dropped something in the other's coffee, to knock them out, then took control of the plane.

I wish someone would find Jim Thompson, founder of the famous silk company in Thailand, too. In 1967, he disappeared on Easter Sunday from the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia. No one ever saw him again.

After I read the book about his life, I couldn't stop thinking about what happened to him. I believe this was my first case pre WS! Then I recalled how I devoured Nancy Drew books as a kid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thompson_(designer)

Every country has a secret code phrase for pilots being hijacked?

Did I understand that correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is true. At the airport I work at, we have a code too. In fact, we have different codes depending what the emergency is. It alerts those around us that know it what is going on. We have codes because the media is scanning our radios and most times we do not want them to know what is going on until we can give the facts.

As far as runway lengths, at the regional airport I work at, we have one that is 7500'. When Air Force I is visiting our area, they land at our airport due to the runway length.

Regarding Cargo, many commercial airlines these days carry cargo as it increases their profits. The cargo is normally inspected by a TSA certified K-9 before it is loaded on the plane. Also, in the US, the bill of lading must state what the product is, and if haz-mat, will not be able to fly on a commercial passenger aircraft.

Of course, this is MOO as I work at an airport in the US, and do not know what procedures are in place in other countries.

As I posted above, one of the islands had a 12,000 foot runway.
That is enough to take off in a fully loaded 777 with room to spare. (They need less runway to land.)

"Over there" is referring to the places that have been searched or mentioned to search.

Before I was just looking at the old runways, some on islands that are left from years past.
Thinking that someone simply utilized a runway that was already there.

Now that "the stans" are in the picture that opens up even more possibilities.
Now we are also dealing with the possibility of someone having a runway specifically for nefarious purposes.
We obviously wouldn't be able to find those in a search.

I agree that a 777 with an experienced pilot could definitely land in less than ideal circumstances.
I mean who would have thought you could land an Airbus A320 in the Hudson River! :seeya:

Of course something wasn't right, CNN guy. The plane had been hijacked. Try to keep up. :waitasec:

Yes, something definitely wrong. Hijack a plane and start making demands, hijack a plane and crash it to send a message but hijack a plane and disappear from the face of the earth? What's up with that?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Tapatalk

This is what I was saying earlier.....wasn't it light out? I have a feeling someone noticed something, they just may not realize it yet. Also if the plane crashed in the Himalayan mountains, could it go unnoticed? Would the emergency beacon thingy send out a signal???

That depends upon what time zone the plane landed in. If it flew west could it have landed early enough in the morning to have landed in the dark?

If the hijacking was the work of the government of some nefarious country, could the plane landed at a busy airport where big planes landing wouldn't seem strange to locals? Maybe a government is lying. Of course they are lying, the only question is which lie is just governmental culture and which one is hiding a plane.

I think it's weird that the one pilot is so into his job that he plays pilot at home in his homemade simulator and the other pilot seems to have been known to good off to the point that he could have been too busy showing off to female passengers to notice what the one flying the plane was up to. Coincidence that these two were together on the plane that disappeared? I think it was planned that way. Someone knew the other guy wouldnt be paying attention.

MOO

I wish someone would find Jim Thompson, founder of the famous silk company in Thailand, too. In 1967, he disappeared on Easter Sunday from the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia. No one ever saw him again.

After I read the book about his life, I couldn't stop thinking about what happened to him. I believe this was my first case pre WS! Then I recalled how I devoured Nancy Drew books as a kid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thompson_(designer)

bbm
Me too!

I am beginning to have a lot of suspicion that it was one of the two pilots that took over the flight. I don't think it was both, however. I am wondering if one of them secretly dropped something in the other's coffee, to knock them out, then took control of the plane.

I have a suspected that as well
One of the pilots, then I thought with an accomplice that is a trained pilot OR learned the workings of the 777

but what still has me confused is What was happening with the crew and all those passengers?
Lets say that the passengers didn't realize anything at first ..but by the 4 hour mark, when they should have landed..suspicions would have arose..

Was it more than 1 or 2 people involved on board?
It is very important to investigate ALL crew and passengers on this flight.

:twocents:

Yes, something definitely wrong. Hijack a plane and start making demands, hijack a plane and crash it to send a message but hijack a plane and disappear from the face of the earth? What's up with that?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Tapatalk

I think the hijackers goal was to land it safely somewhere, hidden. But maybe the plan failed and they crashed in the dead of night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77