Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That story is basically speculation based on data we already have. It's been reported it went through that corridor. The author just says all possibilities remain and the data indicates it could have gone somewhere there, but it's not clear how it would have evaded radar. He doesn't really propose a theory.

Whether or not it is a fact - he does mention that the plane is capable of landing on a ''rough terrain'' which is what I "thought'' -- those wide bodied planes have been repurposed ((thinking the old 747's for example)) for cargo in S.A. and Africa etc. -- I was originally thinking Somalia ((yo ho pirates))

I am confident all of us understand there is no way to keep up!!

But heck...........here is the pilot!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qykj3FeG-p4&list=UUm6f3-wcpgLhxUR_ONPfoJA"]how to tune aircon to save electricity - YouTube[/ame]

Oh my... forget question about is he skilled he is listening to video he is evolved in this domain!!

His icemaker repair video!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uzRYGJvt-A&list=UUm6f3-wcpgLhxUR_ONPfoJA"]icemakercomplet - YouTube[/ame]

I think the difference was just that the planes on 9/11 were in U.S. airspace so they were unavoidably on radar. This plane was in the middle of the ocean.
My point was the knowledge it takes to turn off the transponder. Since 9/11, terrorists could have expanded that knowledge to include turning off the ASCARS and using the border flight tactics to avoid radar detection therefore perfecting the ability to steal a plane or to hijack it with a head start.

We could be looking at the actions of a trained terrorist instead of an experienced pilot.

I can definitely see what looks like the body of a plane.
But that could also be because that little image of a plane is beside the sat. image and that's all I can see it as...

Kind of like a Rorschach Test? :waitasec:

That story is basically speculation based on data we already have. It's been reported it went through that corridor. The author just says all possibilities remain and the data indicates it could have gone somewhere there, but it's not clear how it would have evaded radar. He doesn't really propose a theory.

I think that's true with any article out there at this point, right? All possibilities do remain! I'm tired.....

The pilot-related evidence currently being discussed points to a political statement more than an act of terrorism at this point (not that the two are mutually exclusive). Kidnappings and hijackings for political gain and not for the purpose of killing people are not mostly committed by Muslim extremists. Most Muslim extremists use bombs, which doesn't look likely in this case. If it turns out the whole thing was a suicide mission, it's obviously more similar to 9/11 and the 1990s possible pilot suicides, but there aren't too many cases of that to analyze.

truthfully -- to me this feels like a kidnapping

What is the differance between an "act of piracy" and a terrorist act???

So, any ideas on what this is?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10339238&postcount=427"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10339238&postcount=427[/ame]

Article from The Mirror (UK). Don't think it's been posted.

The pilot of the missing Malaysia Airlines jet is pictured in a T-shirt with a Democracy is Dead slogan as fears emerge he could have hijacked the plane as an anti-government protest.

We can reveal Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah was a fervent supporter of his country's opposition leader who was jailed for homosexuality - illegal in Malaysia - only hours before flight MH370 vanished with 239 passengers and crew on board, the Sunday Mirror can reveal.

And in a new twist, it emerged that the pilot's wife and three children moved out of the family's home the day before the plane's disappearance.

another quote from the article
On Twitter and YouTube he has backed human rights groups and campaigners for internet freedom in Malaysia, which has strict Government controls.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysian-airlines-flight-mh370-3248001#ixzz2w6t7P8W5

Mixed feelings about linking his political views with the disappearance of Flight 370. Captain Shah could have been a stand out guy who stood up for what he believed, something that can't be all that easy in a Muslim country.

SBM.
Wow. That is a lot of runways...

Not if we consider that South and East Asia are home to nearly half the world's 7 billion people! If my math is correct, that's more than 5 million people per runway.

(And of course it says nothing about how many runways there are where a hijacked plane could land without being noticed or challenged.)

material profit vs philosophical/political differences

as a retired military officer once said to me today's terrorist is history's freedom fighter which is haunting so I don't know empirically

Piracy's motive is financial, isn't it? Terrorism the point is to terrify the public in order to scare them into some aim/draw attention. Stealing a boat or harming passengers to make a point would be terrorism.

material profit vs philosophical/political differences

as a retired military officer once said to me today's terrorist is history's freedom fighter which is haunting so I don't know empirically

You beat me to it and said it better. Terrorism is practically impossible to define, I agree. But it's related to ideology. This debate during the Boston Bombings was exhausting - whether or not the surviving brother was a terrorist under the law if he just did it to go along with his brother and wasn't a jihadist - but he wrote stuff in the boat saying he supported it so that debate has thankfully stopped.

Forget about it, I probably misunderstood. I should have signed off a long time ago as I'm kind of batty.

No worries......it could have been me as well!!

I just realized that smoke is coming out of both of my ears and am going to take my Lunesta !!

You all are wonderful and everyone else who now is going on with their mindless texts just might wake up with a horrid front page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member