Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a picture of the spiral staircase on twitter, can't find it now but it looked a nightmare for anyone who has small children , disabilities, elderly or a wine or 3!

Agree 100% ...and I just cant imagine that Nora would dare to alone go down that narrow steep spiral staircase, neither a kidnapper w/Nora, without anyone else in the house hear/notice.

I think its photo 18 of the staircase made me feel sick just looking at it .

The steps are right outside her parents bedroom.

img_3277.jpg

Here is the staircase:

img_3368.jpg

There is much discussion as to her mobility and what she can and could not do.

But she obviously could do a fair amount. She was not wheelchair bound, she did not seem to need the aid of a stick or support frame in order to walk, and unless she was carried up the stairs to her room on this night, she must have been able to navigate her own way up without too much difficulty - or otherwise would have required a room without stairs - and therefore would be able to get down too.

I still don't buy the abduction. I think she woke in night or early morning, perhaps disoriented being in a strange place, made her way outside, got lost, and perhaps in darkness or dim light fell into river.
Still seems, to me, to be most likely.

Only suggested it because of the report of a truck at 3am. Did the truck run her over in the dark?
It just seems like such a massive coincidence that a nefarious person was there in the pitch black middle of nowhere, where the slightest sound could be heard, and Nora just wandered into them. But l also don't think she's been taken direct after less than 24 hours in resort, that's not enough time for the habits and sleeping arrangements to be observed.

The Cab Driver might make a habit of stopping in the closest pub for a beer after dropping off hotel guests and just naturally talk about the passengers he had that day.
Maybe the 3am Truck person was scoping out thinking about robbing them and Nora just went with him.

I don't believe the whole "Nora went in the jungle and got lost". Yes, teens do crazy things you don't expect them to do, even teens with special needs, but not going into a dark jungle alone in the middle of the night - nope.

I don't believe Nora was abducted either. Someone would have noticed something, no? Maybe if the family had been longer at the resort and someone spotted Nora, but on day one when they basically just arrived, doubt it.

A poster in previous thread said they believed Nora might have ended up in the pool and drowned, and "someone" got rid of the body to avoid bad publicity. It sounds like a rather silly thing to me too, but it sounds possible.
The article posted on ad.nl -about the 22 year old dutch girl who was at the resort at the same time- says;
"Maar, zegt C. ook, op de avond van de verdwijning hoorden zij en haar reisgenoot ook verdachte geluiden. ,,We hoorden geritsel bij het zwembad waar hun huisje boven stond. Maar ja, we zijn in de jungle en konden geen hand voor ogen zien. Bovendien maakt alles hier een nogal eng geluid, dus het kan van alles zijn geweest.’’
My translation; But, says C, the night of the disappearance my travel companion and me heard suspicions noises. We heard rustling by the pool where their house was situated above. But yes, we are in the jungle and couldn't see anything. Beside everything makes a rather scary noise here, so it could have been anything.

I sadly doubt Nora is still alive.
I hate to even think it but it could be a possibility. It says here the Soro house is 20 meters from the pool, that’s what, around 60 feet?
Sora House
I wonder if they patrol that area at night, could that have been the vehicle allegedly heard ? To avoid bad publicity, but maybe more than that. After hearing of the beliefs in the genies, etc., perhaps most of the local people are very superstitious? So I wonder how the accidental death of a child would be perceived by the local villagers.
GHOSTS, FOLK BELIEFS AND SUPERSTITIONS IN MALAYSIA | Facts and Details

ETA: sorry for the double post.

Last edited:
Seeing that staircase for the first time confirms to me Nóra was far more physically able than what I originally thought. Her parents must have been confident she could navigate those stairs alone, no one would put someone in that room with serious mobility issues. The stairs and the layout imo, rule out an abduction, from inside the house anyway.
It’s looking more likely, Nora for one reason or another, decided to wander outside alone. Why? I have no idea but I’d guess she got lost and as has been speculated fell into the river . It was very possibly her body the motorcyclist saw the day she went missing.

Has this been mentioned? All I can remember is the fire chief stated footprints had been found but police dismissed the claim?
I thought about this yesterday. How can they identify her footprints from others? I’m glad you brought it up because it seems unclear...

Malaysian rescuers found footprints believed to belong to a 15-year-old London girl who went missing in a dense jungle during a family vacation — as recordings of her mother’s voice were played to try to draw her out.

Investigators are still trying to identify whom the fingerprints belong to, according to the Mirror.
https://nypost.com/2019/08/09/nora-...rs-hunt-for-teen-missing-in-malaysian-jungle/

A fire and rescue official said earlier that footprints believed to belong to Nora Quoirin, 15, had been discovered by a sniffer dog near to the isolated resort where vanished during a family holiday, but police later said no footprints had been found.

An official involved in the search told reporters that several footprints believed to belong to Nora were found by a canine unit of the Fire and Rescue Department on Thursday, the New Straits Times reported.

Assistant director Ahmad Mukhlis Mokhtar said teams focused on that area but found no further clues.

He told reporters: “Previously, our detective canines had spotted footprints, but when we conducted a search there, we couldn’t find her."

But deputy police chief Che Zakaria Othman disputed that statement, the Malaysian Insight reported.

He said: “No tracks of her for now, and no leads that can be used. No footprints were found either."
Elite commandos join search for missing Nora Quoirin, 15, in Malaysian jungle

During the fifth day of searching on Thursday, dogs from the K9 Unit of the Malaysian Fire and Rescue Department picked up the footprints in a densely-forested search area spanning 6km around the resort.
Footprints found in search for missing Nora Quoirin - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Media outlets are reporting that day six of the search has revealed footprints, thanks in part to the assistance of over 200 searchers and sniffer dogs.

It is so far unclear whether the footprints are that of the missing 15-year-old, someone involved in her disappearance, or unrelated to the investigation.

The discovery comes after Malaysian police confirmed they were analysing fingerprints found on the window of the room Nóra had been sleeping in when she vanished.
'Footprints found' in search for Nora Quoirin close to where the teenager was last seen | The Irish Post

Footprints thought to belong to missing British teenager Nora Quoirinhave been discovered in the Malaysian jungle, authorities told local media on Friday.

The footprints were found by the Fire and Rescue Department’s sniffer dogs on Thursday, the rescue division’s assistant director Ahmad Mukhlis Mokhtar told New Straits Times.
‘Footprints in Malaysian jungle found’ in search for missing British teenager

Several footprints believed to belong to Nora Anne Quoirin, 15, were picked up by the K9 Unit of the Fire and Rescue Department, during a search-and-rescue (SAR) operation yesterday to find the missing Irish teenager.

State Fire and Rescue Department operation division assistant director Ahmad Mukhlis Mokhtar, said they were traced around the search area, but no further clues had been found.

Previously, our detective canines had spotted footprints, but when we conducted a search there, we couldn’t find her,” he said.
https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/08/511383/footprints-believed-be-noras-found

Last edited:
Sorry if I missed this on previous thread.

What time does the sun rise on the day she was missing.?
If it’s befpre 8am when reported missing and assuming dad reported her missing straight away - how much daylight in minutes was there for N to be awake and curious to venture outside?
I honestly don’t believe any child would go out in dark... so if she went on own and got lost/hurt, did she have time in daylight?

Seeing that staircase for the first time confirms to me Nóra was far more physically able than what I originally thought. Her parents must have been confident she could navigate those stairs alone, no one would put someone in that room with serious mobility issues. The stairs and the layout imo, rule out an abduction, from inside the house anyway.
It’s looking more likely, Nora for one reason or another, decided to wander outside alone. Why? I have no idea but I’d guess she got lost and as has been speculated fell into the river . It was very possibly her body the motorcyclist saw the day she went missing.

If this is true then it would have had to be Nora in the River?

Sky News said that cops are investigating reports that the teen might have been spotted – as a “white woman” was apparently seen swimming in a river not far away, on Sunday afternoon.

Sighting of ‘white woman’ in jungle river probed by Nora cops in Malaysia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member