Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? His wife is well versed in public speaking.
I know she is well versed in public speaking but sorry, I still find it odd that he hasn’t said anything at all and I know others who also think the same. When N’s mother was speaking the other day to thank the search team, it almost looked as if he was hiding behind her.

I watched Nora's mum do a TEDx talk on Youtube earlier on. I honestly just think the reason she's doing the talking is because she does it nearly every day as part of her career, albeit not usually in such traumatic circumstances.

Wonder what the results will be? They are staying in the jungle over night.

It's now 5:05 A.M. in Malaysia. It will be day 10, correct?
Well genies take some time to answer back and maybe set a price, I mean set what he wants in exchange.
Joke aside .. I'm hoping that this Shaman convince whoever has her to deliver Nora save and sound.

I think only if they needed stair gates in place or wheel chair access etc, why would they feel it necessary to mention her "special needs "?
There are many reasons, the first being that she is probably dependent on her parents or other adults to assist her with all daily living activities.
She is probably used to structure and routine and does not have the survival skills necessary to survive on her own for several days.
As her mother says, she is not like other teenagers. She is likely completely dependent on others, especially her family. This is why it is particularly alarming.
It is totally out of character that she would go through a window and leave on her own accord, according to her family.

The stairs are not really a concern. They are much wider than I imagined in the beginning, and there is a railing to support her balance. There is only one curve, as far as I can tell. Other spiral stairs that I have seen have 2 or 3 curves and are much narrower.
As I said before, even a child who couldn't walk can scoot down those stairs easily sitting on one step at a time.
I don't think the stairs have anything to do with the parents mentioning her disability.

I believe it has more to do with her ability to survive on her own and her not having the where-with-all to leave the house in the first place.
Imo

I know she is well versed in public speaking but sorry, I still find it odd that he hasn’t said anything at all and I know others who also think the same. When N’s mother was speaking the other day to thank the search team, it almost looked as if he was hiding behind her.

I thought they both looked extremely run down , tired and traumatised, perhaps he is finding it all overwelming.

If you are set on the idea that the parents have something to do with her disappearance, I doesn't matter if he speaks too much or too little you already made up your mind.
We have seen it time and time again. JMO

Hi,

I have been a member of websleuths for a couple of years I love reading everyone's thoughts but have never posted before.

I travel a lot with my husband and 11 year old daughter who has autism.
Apart from the obvious booking details.....absolutely nothing at all....

I always email the hotels we stay in giving full details of my daughters disability so that staff are aware that my daughter will probably not answer them if they ask her anything/might have a meltdown/make strange noises and she can be quite loud so request a room that would cause the least disruption to other guests.

I always request special assistance at airports in advance so she gets fast tracked through the queues to save a meltdown. I aso email the Airline we are flying with to let them know as well.

Doing all the above before we travel guarantees us a less stressful time and we don't need to explain to staff why our daughter behaves different and also stops some of the unwanted looks my daughter gets.

I know Nora isn't autistic but maybe the parents request special assistance at airports etc. Not all airports have this option we went to Lanzarote last month and there was none, in America and Scotland (where we live) the special assistance is brilliant.

I hope Nora is found soon I can't begin to imagine what her poor family are going through. I think she's in the water somewhere but hope I am wrong and she is found safe.

Never say Never

There are many reasons, the first being that she is probably dependent on her parents or other adults to assist her with all daily living activities.
She is probably used to structure and routine and does not have the survival skills necessary to survive on her own for several days.
As her mother says, she is not like other teenagers. She is likely completely dependent on others, especially her family. This is why it is particularly alarming.
It is totally out of character that she would go through a window and leave on her own accord, according to her family.

The stairs are not really a concern. They are much wider than I imagined in the beginning, and there is a railing to support her balance. There is only one curve, as far as I can tell. Other spiral stairs that I have seen have 2 or 3 curves and are much narrower.
As I said before, even a child who couldn't walk can scoot down those stairs easily sitting on one step at a time.
I don't think the stairs have anything to do with the parents mentioning her disability.

I believe it has more to do with her ability to survive on her own and her not having the where-with-all to leave the house in the first place.
Imo
I don't think it would be usual to supply all that info to holiday accommodation.

I know this is terrible to think but if she's not found, as a parent how long do you stay in another country before returning home.

I can't imagine what this family is going through and pray Nora is found one way or another.

If you are set on the idea that the parents have something to do with her disappearance, I doesn't matter if he speaks too much or too little you already made up your mind.
We have seen it time and time again. JMO

At no point did I say not that I was set on the idea that the parents have something to do with her disappearance. The question I asked was whether N’s father has said anything publicly. I know that her mother is well versed in public speaking but I wanted to know if he has said anything which I may have missed. I did not say that I think they have anything to do with it and I certainly did not say I have made up my mind.

Hi,

I have been a member of websleuths for a couple of years I love reading everyone's thoughts but have never posted before.

I travel a lot with my husband and 11 year old daughter who has autism.

I always email the hotels we stay in giving full details of my daughters disability so that staff are aware that my daughter will probably not answer them if they ask her anything/might have a meltdown/make strange noises and she can be quite loud so request a room that would cause the least disruption to other guests.

I always request special assistance at airports in advance so she gets fast tracked through the queues to save a meltdown. I aso email the Airline we are flying with to let them know as well.

Doing all the above before we travel guarantees us a less stressful time and we don't need to explain to staff why our daughter behaves different and also stops some of the unwanted looks my daughter gets.

I know Nora isn't autistic but maybe the parents request special assistance at airports etc. Not all airports have this option we went to Lanzarote last month and there was none, in America and Scotland (where we live) the special assistance is brilliant.

I hope Nora is found soon I can't begin to imagine what her poor family are going through. I think she's in the water somewhere but hope I am wrong and she is found safe.

Never say Never

Hello Cocomisty :)

At no point did I say not that I was set on the idea that the parents have something to do with her disappearance. The question I asked was whether N’s father has said anything publicly. I know that her mother is well versed in public speaking but I wanted to know if he has said anything which I may have missed. I did not say that I think they have anything to do with it and I certainly did not say I have made up my mind.
I did not mean you specifically , just meant in general. There will always be groups of people that want to blame the parent immediately, and play the body language experts .Watching the parent on tv crying or not crying , nervious, cold, angry .... you get the point. Sorry that I was not specific.

I posted earlier but included a TA link and so post was deleted. Sorry - didn't know at the time I shouldn't link to reviews. I'm still inclined to think she may have come down at 7 as dawn broke and got scared by insects or some unfamiliar creatures in house. I can't figure out if that open terrace is always open or if there is a door out to it. That is high so she could have potentially gone in there to run from insects /lizard or something and fallen over the edge or run through the window in kitchen to get away and then fallen in the pool or river. But then what? Could she have crawled under the house if there is a crawl space? Or did she have a fatal accident and the body removed to protect hotel reputation? (not a nice thought but it feels more logical than an abduction). It was mentioned that she had several surgeries to assist breathing in the past so if she was scared and in a confined area she may have fainted and not hear anyone calling for her. All awful options though as none have a good outcome.

I think you’d want to be aware of any risks before you arrived e.g. a spiral stair case, toilets, location of beds, general accessibility for someone with additional needs
Yes, I'm sure they were well aware and would have chosen a place to stay accordingly.

For me the question is not whether or not she was capable of going up and down the stairs, but why she went down the stairs to begin with.

Did she willingly go downstairs because she wanted or needed something?
Was she lured or carried down the stairs? Forced?
Did she normally get up in the middle of the night to get something?

Did she wake up before everybody else and go downstairs looking for her parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper