Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police said they sent officials to a waterfall near Gunung Berembun in the Pantai Hills after receiving a call from a member of the public.

The body was flown by helicopter to a hospital where it will be identified by Nora's parents, Meabh and Sebastien Quoirin, who were told about the discovery.

He said the timeline of repatriating her body would depend on whether extensive forensics needed to be carried out.

He also said the charity had made sure Nora's younger siblings had enough toys and entertainment to keep them occupied.
Nora Quoirin: Body found in search for missing London girl in Malaysia 'resembles Nora'

Sky News showed a guy on a motor bike in t-shirt / shorts take an officer to show where he found the body - he did not look as he had been trekking the jungle in the heat for ages looking

Ah, I was trying to find your post again before I posted my latest one - so yes, does seem that cars/bikes can get close to the place where Nora was found

Her body was discovered by a volunteer hiker during a ten-day search of the area surrounding the eco-resort where she was on holiday with her family.

It was around a mile away from the villa where they were staying.

It was reported that Nora was excited to visit a waterfall when she arrived at the resort.

Police said in a press conference the body found at 1.57pm local time was not clothed and was found in or near a stream.

"The area is quite hilly and is kilometers away from the resort," said said Malaysia's Deputy Inspector General of Police Mazn Mazlan.
Nora Quoirin: Body found in Malaysian jungle is missing teenager, police confirm - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

upload_2019-8-13_8-39-33.jpeg
Twitter

Lucie Blackman Trust‏ @MissingAbroad

Media release - Body found in search for Nora Quoirin - identification confirmed. Our thoughts and support continue to be with the family.

EB2qg7-XYAI65Ev.jpg

Lucie Blackman Trust on Twitter

I am saddened, but not surprised to read of the discovery of Nora's body not far from the resort. I remain on the fence as to the possibility of her having wandered their on her own, or her having been lured or led there but lean much more towards there being no foul play.I don't think her being found without clothes is indicative one way or the other - bodies found in water, especially streams and rivers, are often found without clothing because clothing easily becomes snagged, torn, and fabric weakened on branches, rocks, and debris.

I think parents so often underestimate the capabilities of their children, especially if they have a disability. We've seen it time and time again where parents say they would never do this, never do that, couldn't...etc, but were proven wrong. Understanding human behavior is complex. However, time, and autopsy, will tell.

Either way, this is heartbreaking.
What a sensible and sensitive post. Thank you.

Perhaps they are waiting for a senior pathologist to fly in.
There is sometimes a misunderstanding of how the forensic and autopsy process works. Most medical labs don't just have advanced pathologists waiting on 24-hour standby to come in on a moment's notice and perform detailed work on a body. Even for escalated cases such as this one, the forensic work is typically done within 24 hours of discovery so this timeline wouldn't even be uncommon in the US. There are techniques to preserve whatever forensic evidence remains until the autopsy is scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee