Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Said she was completely naked God bless her

Who said that? I haven't seen such a clear statement anywhere. Even if she was naked, the condition she has can cause seizures. Like in the Gaia Pope case, people thought she was behaving oddly and this was due to seizures, she had taken her clothes off ( you can get hot before a seizure).

'if' the witness did see her swimming and the family told searchers said she was excited about the waterfall, then I think the most logical theory is that she wandered.

Yusop said a postmortem examination will take place tomorrow morning.

The officer who has been leading the hunt, Datuk Mazlan Mansor, earlier said Nora's body was found in a stream running through a ravine "and she was found completely naked”.

He said the area had already been searched but a group of volunteers helping with the hunt came across the body after being tipped off.

"The stream was about 1.2km deep in the ravine,” he said.

Malaysian publication The Star reported the search and rescue team received a call from a member of the public at around 1pm, and a team was sent to the area near a waterfall.

Nora's parents visited the site where the body was discovered, said a spokesman for the Lucie Blackman trust, a missing persons charity which is helping the couple.
Nora's body ID'd by devastated parents after being found in Malaysian jungle

It seems Nora's physical ability was sort of underestimated by the people who knew her best. I wonder how she would have successfully navigated her way to the waterfall, was there signage along the way for tourists?

I'm still keeping my mind open to what exactly happened...

I don't know how she could have found it on her own, unless there was some sort of path that led straight to it.

ETA, I just read that there was a path leading to it.

It's still odd that she if she left on her own she would not have the foresight to put something on her feet or put clothes on, but would think of propping open the window.

I wonder if it has signposts? Nora could read but not write so well.

Who said that? I haven't seen such a clear statement anywhere. Even if she was naked, the condition she has can cause seizures. Like in the Gaia Pope case, people thought she was behaving oddly and this was due to seizures, she had taken her clothes off ( you can get hot before a seizure).
'if' the witness did see her swimming and the family told searchers said she was excited about the waterfall, then I think the most logical theory is that she wandered.

Nora Quoirin's parents have identified her dead body after it was found naked near a waterfall in the Malaysian jungle,

Nora Quoirin: Body found in Malaysian jungle is missing British teen | Daily Mail Online

The body was found naked

Body found 'resembles' missing Nora Quoirin as parents travel to mortuary

Her naked body was found in the forest

Family of missing teenager Nora Quoirin identify body found in jungle

It seems Nora's physical ability was sort of underestimated by the people who knew her best. I wonder how she would have successfully navigated her way to the waterfall, was there signage along the way for tourists?

Oops sorry I posted the same thing then read your post afterwards. Nora could read but not write too well.

You are doing a fab job HayLouise with all these links. Thank you

I had to look up exactly what a ravine is. It says the dictionary definition says

noun
  1. a deep, narrow gorge with steep sides.
    synonyms: gorge, canyon, gully, pass, defile, couloir, gap; More
Well, I suppose she could have gotten lost and fallen into the ravine.
But that does not explain why she was completely naked.
Or how she managed to get that far in the first place with no shoes on her feet. I'm sure they will be able to tell whether she walked all that way by the condition of her feet. Imo

Nora Quoirin's parents have identified her dead body after it was found naked near a waterfall in the Malaysian jungle,

Nora Quoirin: Body found in Malaysian jungle is missing British teen | Daily Mail Online

The body was found naked

Body found 'resembles' missing Nora Quoirin as parents travel to mortuary

Her naked body was found in the forest

Family of missing teenager Nora Quoirin identify body found in jungle

I know that has been reported, but I'm talking about translation errors. The media are interpreting what he said as 'naked' but Police are quoted as saying 'He said the body "was not in any clothings". He may mean clothing and not underwear?

This could be an important distinction if people are thinking lack of clothing points to assault.

Its also interesting now that we know she showed an interest in visiting the waterfall, and one of the early photos in circulation was her standing by a waterfall. And people pointed out some people with disabilities' fascination with water.

I think she must have felt very safe at the resort which is maybe why she just wandered off, like a human instinct thing.

I know that has been reported, but I'm talking about translation errors. The media are interpreting what he said as 'naked' but Police are quoted as saying 'He said the body "was not in any clothings". He may mean clothing and not underwear?

This could be an important distinction if people are thinking lack of clothing points to assault.

I would hope the press would clarify exactly what he meant - but I agree, the reporting for this case has been very confusing much of the time.

Am I allowed to post this?

This video shows Dusun and you can see several tiers of waterfall. It looks huge. Then it says' you can walk to a waterfall' and shows someone walking barefoot on a long tree trunk to cross a river or stream.

What a beautiful place this is.

There are some video's below this and vlog by someone who stayed there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I suppose she could have gotten lost and fallen into the ravine.
But that does not explain why she was completely naked.
Or how she managed to get that far in the first place with no shoes on her feet. I'm sure they will be able to tell whether she walked all that way by the condition of her feet. Imo

Absolutely. 1 mile barefoot through jungle terrain is no gimme. Cuts, marks and probably very dirty feet would confirm if she has walked the distance to get there or was dumped.

Given that she apparantly had no shoes on and the nature of where she was, lets be open minded on the possibility of a fatal venomous bite:- maybe a snake, spider or an exotic ground foraging animal.

I think Nora could read simple children's reading books.
she certainly would not be capable of navigating herself through the jungle.
sign posts would be meaningless to her,even if she could read the words.

It was reported that she was found completely naked, in a place that was not accessible, apparently wedged between rocks in a ravine.

She could have wandered off and fallen in, but it seems unlikely considering her disabilities that she would climb through a window, walk over a mile through the jungle with bare feet, go for a swim in the river, and do some rock scrambling after finding the waterfall.

Her parents claim she was shy and a bit anxious. If she did go out the window, I just can't see her being so adventurous, carefree and independent.
If she had been lost I would think she would be scared and hiding, as the police thought. Imo

I would hope the press would clarify exactly what he meant - but I agree, the reporting for this case has been very confusing much of the time.

Yes it is confusing. I would put this down to the usual hearsay and media interpretation mixed with further confusion from translations!

I noticed this in the Daily Mail. It seems an entire hiking group had been told she was excited to see the waterfall and that's why they were searching there.

"
Hours before the body was found, volunteer Shirley Yap told MailOnline she was setting off to search around the waterfall having been told Nora was 'excited' to see the attraction.

She said: 'We had heard she was excited about seeing a waterfall when she arrived in the resort.

'We are going to look around that area and follow the stream down the mountain'.

The group of 22 volunteers were from Serenbam Hiking Club, who later found the body, are experienced in trekking through the jungle.

They stocked up on water and supplies before heading off to the waterfall about a mile from the resort at around 12.30pm local time.
''

1 mile away is easily far enough away to

Absolutely. 1 mile barefoot through jungle terrain is no gimme. Cuts, marks and probably very dirty feet would confirm if she has walked the distance to get there or was dumped.

Given that she apparantly had no shoes on and the nature of where she was, lets be open minded on the possibility of a fatal venomous bite:- maybe a snake, spider or an exotic ground foraging animal.

There is a trail. In fact 2 of them. One is dirt covered- easily walk able barefoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee