Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the media attention was also sought for by the Quoirin. The police in such a small town where they have chosen to vacation isn’t used to such a large scale attention. The media came from all around the world. To see only the negative and finding faults in the locals who have to their utmost ability worked to find Nora and help the family is offensive.

I do not understand such vile contempt for the local people and the justification for it. Those people have done their best.
The police didn’t even protect the family from photos or provide protection while they entered the hospital.

God, I hope they can get Nóra and themselves out of this country fast.

My heart breaks for them. What a nightmare.

MHO
tio

Taxis drive both ways... They figured out how to get to the resort. I think when you vacation in a place when someone vacations in a place where don’t have transportation, they expect to call cabs. That is solely the traveler’s job, and when traveling to a less developed country, you have to expect that.

With the info we have, I can’t judge the owner. Maybe he was the only one working, or his car had no fuel. He had no idea this was what was going to be the outcome, as far as we currently know. Maybe he just assumed the kid was taking a walk and this was just a helicopter parent being a worrywart. Ultimately though, it wasn’t his responsibility.
I asked this before but don't they have something equivalent to 911 there? I guess they can't just call the police to report a missing child?
I would think the staff at the resort would want to report a child missing from their facility immediately, since they wouldn't want to be held liable, and more importantly out of concern. Especially if the country is foreign to the guests.

It doesn't matter if they knew what the outcome would be, I would think when it comes to a child you don't take chances.
It's not like he was reporting money or jewelry missing, it was his child. Imo

I would be very surprised if these parents were involved. It is clear too see they are absolutely devasted by all this.
People will have read things in other places that due to Websleuths rules cannot be posted in these pages which will also influence what they believe is a more likely scenario. Oh and Websleuths is an anti victim blaming site and I would say as Nora’s patents they would count as victims in this dreadful situation. Moo

They are absolutely victims in this situation. Every one of her loved ones is, IMO. That is the same with any of these cases, but we always suspect family it seems. But these ones don’t give off the sketchy vibe that so many do. Maybe that is why I don’t suspect them. They seem like genuinely loving, stable, parents.

I hope that they aren’t involved. I hope she just wandered off on her own. :(

It takes 15 minutes to walk a mile generally. Certainly not impossible that she could have walked for 15 or even 30 minutes or longer imo. I don't suppose we'll know until the police release more details. I am not trying to be critical of the parents but their idea that she would not wander is an opinion based on the character they knew - not a determined, unchangeable fact.
It takes more than an hour to reach the waterfall. I posted the link in thread #2.
And Nora did all that by herself?

I think the media attention was also sought for by the Quoirin. The police in such a small town where they have chosen to vacation isn’t used to such a large scale attention. The media came from all around the world. To see only the negative and finding faults in the locals who have to their utmost ability worked to find Nora and help the family is offensive.

I do not understand such vile contempt for the local people and the justification for it. Those people have done their best.

tio

I agree! And for a small town in a developing country with fairly limited resources, I think they did an amazing job. The fact that she was found at all amazes me, to be honest.

I wonder what the appeal was in terms of selecting this as a vacation place with three kids. My 11 year old who loves animals and the rainforest would be so bored there after about 2 days. It looks like a *beautiful* place that I’d enjoy going to relax, but I don’t think there is much to offer kids.

They are absolutely victims in this situation. Every one of her loved ones is, IMO. That is the same with any of these cases, but we always suspect family it seems. But these ones don’t give off the sketchy vibe that so many do. Maybe that is why I don’t suspect them. They seem like genuinely loving, stable, parents.

I hope that they aren’t involved. I hope she just wandered off on her own. :(
I don’t think the parents could /would plan such a tragic incident. Nonetheless, accidents can happen and it is possible that one can always act out of character.

As much as Nora isn’t expected to wander off alone, it is also so odd that the parents/the other children didn’t hear/see an intruder!

This waterfall is appears to be one of the only things to visit in the area. If Nora was left there by someone local, they would know she would he discovered before long.

It's troubling that all of a sudden Nora was excited to see the waterfall. I would like to know where this information came from or if it's been planted.

It's been reported on links in the earlier thread that Nora was between two rocks. I wonder if she got stuck.

The other thing is if her body was washed down she may well have turned up after the area was searched. Her body could have been caught somewhere in the mangrove for a bit.

I agree! And for a small town in a developing country with fairly limited resources, I think they did an amazing job. The fact that she was found at all amazes me, to be honest.

I wonder what the appeal was in terms of selecting this as a vacation place with three kids. My 11 year old who loves animals and the rainforest would be so bored there after about 2 days. It looks like a *beautiful* place that I’d enjoy going to relax, but I don’t think there is much to offer kids.
I wanted to go to the resort and discussed it thoroughly with my husband. I love bug trees snd the serenity if the place is attractive to me. However, we decided against it for the safety of our special needs child.

The place is owned and managed by European. They try to keep it wonderful yet without too much safety precautions so that the travellers feel freer /closer to nature. It is a very remote place.

Jim Gamble was speaking as Nora's devastated father Sebastien and mother Meabh identified her body after it was found in the Malaysian jungle.

Mr Gamble, a former RUC officer who has been in daily contact with the Quoirin family, said last night that people have held them "in their hearts and prayers" in the days since Nora's disappearance.

"This is simply the most devastating news after 10 stressful and extremely anxious days for the family, who have been dignity personified in the face of the most awful nightmare," he said.

"They have been pitch perfect in the way they have engaged with police and volunteers.

"We all need to respect the fact that they must be given time and space to deal with their grief and come to terms with their loss."

Mr Gamble also warned against "unhelpful speculation" on social media about what may have happened to Nora.

"There are a number of set procedures that will now take place involving forensics and not least the coroner's examination of her body," he said.

"I hope that in the coming days, when the evidence has been gathered, we will learn more about Nora's final journey to where she was found.

"I believe that speculating or second-guessing those experts who are on the ground would be unhelpful and will most definitely do no one any favours.

"The last thing the family need to be listening to now is a lot of speculation about the 'what-ifs', which won't help anybody.

"If we all want to demonstrate that we do have the deepest sympathy for the family then we need to press the pause button and retain an open mind." Mr Gamble said he had been "desperate" for a positive ending that "sadly wasn't to be".

He added: "I've gone to bed at night and thought of Nora and in the morning I have been checking my news feed, a pattern which I'm sure has been replicated across the country.

"You always believed that there would be some information, and even when the harsh reality hits you are still deeply saddened and shocked."

Nora's parents have shown such dignity: expert Gamble - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

I asked this before but don't they have something equivalent to 911 there? I guess they can't just call the police to report a missing child?
I would think the staff at the resort would want to report a child missing from their facility immediately, since they wouldn't want to be held liable, and more importantly out of concern. Especially if the country is foreign to the guests.

It doesn't matter if they knew what the outcome would be, I would think when it comes to a child you don't take chances.
It's not like he was reporting money or jewelry missing, it was his child. Imo

My understanding (which could be completely wrong) is that he called and they were taking too long, and the owner said that it’s faster to go to them. Again, I could be wrong.

If he didn’t call 911 or the equivalent, and the owner didn’t drive him, how were the police notified? Do we know? Also, how do we know the resort owner wasn’t helpful at the time? I can’t find an article about it or anything.

I don’t think the parents could /would plan such a tragic incident. Nonetheless, accidents can happen and it is possible that one can always act out of character.

As much as Nora isn’t expected to wander off alone, it is also so odd that the parents/the other children didn’t hear/see an intruder!

Yeah, and she seems like a healthy sized kid in the photos, so I can’t imagine an intruder whisking her away while she was asleep. If she had balance and mobility issues if someone woke her up and tried to get her out of her room suddenly, she’s likely to be even more off balance when she is still groggy from sleep.

Something I read said she was sleeping upstairs... does anyone know if that is correct? If so how would she climb out the window?

I think she woke up and went off on her own.

I think any kid would find it amazing.
Nora was apparently especially excited about this trip. She was so fortunate to have such exciting opportunities. Not every parent can provide that to their children.

Such a tragedy to have it end this way. They seem like such a wonderful family.

Her mom has been so eloquent and respectful and has expressed her gratitude so well, despite the pain she must be in.

The family of an Irish girl whose naked body was found near a Malaysian jungle stream will not demand a criminal investigation into the incident, their lawyer said on Wednesday, leaving it up to the police to decide the next course of action.

"They won’t press for anything because in this country, even in most countries, it has to be done by the police rather than you pressing for anything," lawyer Sankara N. Nair told Reuters.

"They have to go on evidence. The family is totally distraught. Totally overwhelmed."
Family of Irish teen found dead in Malaysia won't seek criminal probe: lawyer
Good. Sankara Nair knows what he is saying. In a previous case involving the death of a European girl in Kuala Lumpur, he uncovered many wrongdoings by police and forensics. But first we must wait and see how this investigation wil proceed .

I’m glad they have an attorney. With this police Dept and the resort not even helping get the police, not locking the gate and a big hole in the fence, I hope they own that resort at the end of the day.

However, I don’t think this family will take legal action for Money, for Justice maybe. They may have hire to ensure they can get Nóra home.

Imoo

I'm catching up, its early morning here. I'm appalled by some of the posts I'm reading.

Why on earth would the parents feel the need to take legal action? This resort doesn't appear to have any more criminal appeals than anywhere else IMO. It is what it is, closer to nature etc... items left unlocked in houses at your own peril like anywhere else.

What is the issue with the hole in the fence and unlocked gate? If there was no hole then criminals would find other means and I've not known any resort in all the places and countries I've stayed, be kept behind a gate. I personally feel the gate is irrelevant in terms of safety.

In respect of children wandering off this can happen anywhere and this resort plays no part at all in having to 'child-proof' their houses. They provide basics such as playground for children that do stay but this resort is not aimed at children. Ultimately, it is the parents responsibility to watch children just like anywhere else in the world.

If it turns out poor N did just wander off entirely on her own then you could say everyone is to blame, people will always pick at something and say everyone could of done more. It might just be put down to a tragic accident and be left at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1