Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police today denied a foreign media report claiming they had taken the parents of 15-year-old Nora Anne Quoirin to meet mediums after the search for the Franco-Irish teenager came to a dead end.

Negeri Sembilan police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusop confirmed he had given no such orders to any of his officers.

“No necessity at all (to do so),” was his brief answer in a WhatsApp text message to Bernama here today.

In their report today, the United Kingdom's Daily Mail, quoting sources familiar with the investigation, said the police, in their desperation, had taken Nora Anne's parents to meet several mediums in the hope of finding a breakthrough when their search for the teenager appeared to have come to a dead end.
Cops deny taking Nora Anne's parents to see mediums during SAR op

The shamans?

"Police earlier released a video showing a shaman wearing a white skullcap and several of his assistants performing rituals in the forest."
Malaysia shaman and foreign police join hunt for London teen who vanished from jungle resort | The Japan Times

Police have rubbished allegations that Nora Anne Quoirin’s family was involved in the teen’s death.

Negri Sembilan police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusop said the allegation made by an overseas lawyer known as Anne Brennan is a lie.

“Therefore, we consider it a libel because we did not accuse anyone. We have never issued a statement saying that Nora Anne’s parents were involved.

“The allegation is incorrect. Yesterday at 6pm, a police officer from the Nilai district police headquarters made a report against a Facebook post for slandering a police team who are still carrying out investigation.
Cops deny claim Nora Quoirin’s family involved in teen’s death | Malay Mail

I know the police don't believe there was foul play at all, but I am glad they came out and said they don't believe the family was involved. Sadly, we all know that that is often the case. I would be extremely suprised if it was here, but I know there have been allusions to it. It's good they confirmed that they're not looking at the family.

Surprising for a lawyer, might she have a personal axe to grind or something big to gain? imo, speculation.

It does almost sound personal, doesn’t it. But I remember that American crime blogger Chelsea Hoffman was equally suspicious and nasty in the Hannah Anderson kidnapping case and had no personal connection. She ended up churning out a quick book. Some people are just opportunists who will say outrageous things to get attention. It is a very weird thing for a lawyer to do. AB would be arrested in Malaysia! That isn’t to say that there aren’t reasonable questions that need to be asked, but her stuff is over the top IMO.

I'm glad they said that too. Anne Brennan was a very silly woman for posting that nonsense.
Not just silly, but very cruel. She really showed her lack of knowledge about the case and maybe even a lack of intelligence altogether. I can't imagine why a lawyer would say those terrible things!
I'm surprised that news source even printed it as they apparently were sued for Defamation just a few years ago.
If the guy who claimed Nora was raped is facing prison time, I would hope there is some legal action they can take against this woman. Imo

Last edited:
I know the police don't believe there was foul play at all, but I am glad they came out and said they don't believe the family was involved. Sadly, we all know that that is often the case. I would be extremely suprised if it was here, but I know there have been allusions to it. It's good they confirmed that they're not looking at the family.
Yes, they never considered them suspects from the beginning, and that says a lot since the family are always considered first.
There was never any indication that they were investigating the family, it was just speculation based on no evidence whatsoever.
The public are often quick to judge people based on their words and actions, which is certainly not evidence of a crime.
There are so many aspects to an investigation that we would not know or even imagine they would do.
Sometimes we find out the details later, and sometimes we never do. Imo

I'd never even heard of her before this.
I don't know why anyone would.
There always seem to be lawyers or former LE who know nothing about the case who feel like they have to publicly state their opinions.
The problem here is that she stated the information as fact and she may be accused of libel.
If she was smart she would make a public apology. Imo

I am unclear as to where she was found; was it by a waterfall or has that location changed?
Her body was located at the bottom of a ravine, about 3/4 of a mile down to where the stream was. It was near the waterfall, but it's never been clarified how near. The body had to be winced out by helicopter as it was in an inaccessible place. It was about 1.6 miles from the resort.

How she could have gotten there in bare feet and naked I have no idea. One of the hikers said she ruined a pair of boots getting there. It took them hours just to get through the jungle vines and climb the steep slopes to get to where her body was.

She was found lying on a rock next to the stream with her hands tucked under her head. The hikers said it looked like she was sleeping but there was an odor so it must have been there a few days, I would think.
Imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members