Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Malaysian resort may be better off just banning all children from now on.

Yes completely open at the rear and no locks on villa doors either.

Part of its charm, I believe. At one with nature. Probably the reason most people choose it. I therefore think it's a bit rich to "sue" an eco resort like that for not having security guards and cameras and locks everywhere, which is why I wonder if it's a technicality and will bring about a fuller investigation or something.

I think it would be really helpful if the Quoirins explained why they think a third party was involved. Because, weird as it seems, from the PM results (that we know about) it really seems Nora simply wandered off and got lost and starved. Is there anything in the PM that they believe points to a different story? Or are they still stuck thinking "Nora could never have done that alone"? Is it possible they just massively underestimated her tenacity and sense of adventure?

I dunno. It's just not sitting right with me whichever most likely scenario I think about. I think they're taking legal action because they can't just leave it as it is, but I'm afraid they'll never get all the answers.

Surely the resort must have some kind of disclaimer regarding security/no locks etc, which is part of the agreement you sign when you book with them? I can't imagine that they could legally be found at fault.

The fact that the Quoirins chose this open style of accommodation shows that they were (and still are) convinced that Nora would not and could not wander away by herself, in the middle of the night no less. If that had been a concern for them I'm sure one of the parents would have slept in the room with Nora or put some type of barrier on the door or something. Therefore for them it could only have been a kidnapping and murder. And who knows maybe they are right. I don't feel able to decide what really happened that fateful night.

I hope they do get some answers, or find some kind of closure and peace.

Maybe this will seem like victim blaming, but I find it unusual that one or both of her parents wouldn’t have wanted to sleep next to her. With such severe issues and having just spent a long time traveling, and being in a completely foreign land in a completely unsecured house...I just know that I couldn’t have felt comfortable not sleeping with a kiddo like that.

Maybe this will seem like victim blaming, but I find it unusual that one or both of her parents wouldn’t have wanted to sleep next to her. With such severe issues and having just spent a long time traveling, and being in a completely foreign land in a completely unsecured house...I just know that I couldn’t have felt comfortable not sleeping with a kiddo like that.
She was sleeping with her siblings. We cosleep with our special needs children since birth, but with the hopes of one day having some peace and quiet and a restful night's sleep to ourselves. Our health has deteriorated rapidly due to this sleeping arrangement as they don't sleep well through the night. Nora was old enough for them to let her be a little more independent, at least sleep wise. But there is no way she could have made the trek to the waterfall by herself. Not even I, who once walked 23 miles in the grand canyon in just sandals, could have done that barefoot in the darkness.

This is one of the saddest cases I’ve ever encountered, mostly because they know she was alive for a week all alone and terrified. No matter where or how she got there, she was starving and scared. That would haunt me forever as a parent.

Her parents have described her as extremely shy, the type to cling to them or her siblings. I believe her parents knew her better than anyone so I believe them when they say she wouldn't have left on her own.

However I find it unlikely she was abducted from inside the house next to her siblings (though not impossible).

I believe she was sleep walking. Got out that way, I can't explain why she ended up where she did though

This is one of the saddest cases I’ve ever encountered, mostly because they know she was alive for a week all alone and terrified. No matter where or how she got there, she was starving and scared. That would haunt me forever as a parent.

I agree with everything u said, and it hurts to even think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop