Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And wasn't there mention in the beginning that she was looking forward to seeing a waterfall? That would take some walking to get to one of the waterfalls, would it?
The waterfall was up a pathway from the resort, they took a guided tour up there, but it was also signposted.

The waterfall was up a pathway from the resort, they took a guided tour up there, but it was also signposted.
I don't think they took a tour up there, to that actual one, did they? They arrived the day before if I remember correctly, separately. I may be wrong...someone will recall better than me!

I don't think they took a tour up there, to that actual one, did they? They arrived the day before if I remember correctly, separately. I may be wrong...someone will recall better than me!
No they didn’t take the tour as far as I know- but likewise I suppose they could have done as they arrived at the site at 7am the morning before. I was referring to the resort took guided tour up there.

Cops in Malaysia say missing Irish teen Nora Quoirin left holiday resort bedroom of her own free will
Does anyone else remember when it was reported the sister said she had got out herself? I reahilly feel for the parents, but I feel like they are twisting events now to fit in better with their beliefs. I also found earlier news articles about them finding fingerprints on the window, which they said gave cause to investigate both criminal and accidental disappearance, they also offered a reward (which would have been enough to provide information and then set up a new life).
No, not at all other than that when I read some of the local news reports that quote or reference the rural people there it reminds me just how much about a lot of things I DON'T know and probably few other people know either. She may have had some kind of a magical adventure aided behind the scenes by local average people who saw her as some fairy or just good luck or potentially really bad luck - or maybe they're just savage opportunistic rapists but I personalty want to think it's the former.

This case would make a really good investigative documentary.

Just catching up on the latest

Tragic teenager’s family sues Malaysian resort over her death

Mr Sankara said outside a court in Negeri Sembilan after a procedural session on the case: “The place was not safe for the child because of the negligence …anybody could have come in and taken the child.”

Nora’s French-Irish parents are seeking more than 180,000 ringgit (£34,000) over losses, bereavement costs and damages for pain and suffering from the resort owner, Helen Marion Todd.

Confused I think it's pretty obvious that this resort was in the middle of nowhere with not much security. As a mum with a special needs daughter it is not somewhere I would chose to stay. I am in no way victim blaming but I don't see why the resort is to blame either.
JMO

Just catching up on the latest

Tragic teenager’s family sues Malaysian resort over her death

Mr Sankara said outside a court in Negeri Sembilan after a procedural session on the case: “The place was not safe for the child because of the negligence …anybody could have come in and taken the child.”

Nora’s French-Irish parents are seeking more than 180,000 ringgit (£34,000) over losses, bereavement costs and damages for pain and suffering from the resort owner, Helen Marion Todd.

Confused I think it's pretty obvious that this resort was in the middle of nowhere with not much security. As a mum with a special needs daughter it is not somewhere I would chose to stay. I am in no way victim blaming but I don't see why the resort is to blame either.
JMO

Suing...Really? *eye roll*

This re-inforces my thought that they don't want to face up to taking her somewhere so unsuitable.

Where does it say that it was attended by the community where the resort was?
We did it again!

Rotary Day Health Carnival held for the very first time with the presence of the Royal Couple of Negeri Sembilan was definitely a success!

Celebrating our club’s 90 Years of existence here in Malaysia was made meaningful with many activities, attended by close to 600 people, not only from Negeri Sembilan but also from Kuala Lumpur,Melaka and even Sabah...

We gave away 100 school bags and 500 rice bags for the underprivileged students and senior citizens.

The club would like to thank San Min school Guru Besar and the school representatives in providing the school space.

Also not forgetting St. John Ambulance National HQ and Melaka for taking extra effort in extending a helping hand. General Hospital Seremban for the blood donation drive, PDRM for the patrol car and motorcycle display, and many other Government agencies...

Special thanks to the Istana representatives for closely guiding us with the protocols.

To all those who came and made our day memorable in many ways, you guys are awesome!

To our club members, fantastic teamwork!

Happy Birthday Rotary Club of Seremban.

Organising Chairperson
Edith Kasander (Devi)
BBM

We did it again!

Rotary Day Health Carnival held for the very first time with the presence of the Royal Couple of Negeri Sembilan was definitely a success!

Celebrating our club’s 90 Years of existence here in Malaysia was made meaningful with many activities, attended by close to 600 people, not only from Negeri Sembilan but also from Kuala Lumpur,Melaka and even Sabah...

We gave away 100 school bags and 500 rice bags for the underprivileged students and senior citizens.

The club would like to thank San Min school Guru Besar and the school representatives in providing the school space.

Also not forgetting St. John Ambulance National HQ and Melaka for taking extra effort in extending a helping hand. General Hospital Seremban for the blood donation drive, PDRM for the patrol car and motorcycle display, and many other Government agencies...

Special thanks to the Istana representatives for closely guiding us with the protocols.

To all those who came and made our day memorable in many ways, you guys are awesome!

To our club members, fantastic teamwork!

Happy Birthday Rotary Club of Seremban.

Organising Chairperson
Edith Kasander (Devi)
BBM
Thank you for posting.
But I still wonder: isn't the state of Negeri Sembilan large? How do we know that there were people from the community where the resort is situated?

I've been thinking a little about this case recently and apologies if this point has already been raised- the autopsy showed that Nora had a stomach ulcer (thought to be due to lack of food), is it at all possible that the ulcer was something that developed BEFORE she went missing and which may have contributed to her behaving 'out of character' and potentially wandering off? Just trying to think of explanations other than abduction as to how she came to be out of the building.

Suing...Really? *eye roll*

This re-inforces my thought that they don't want to face up to taking her somewhere so unsuitable.

I absolutely agree. I'm sorry but this is not the sort of resort to necessarily have security measures such as these. If this was important to them given Nora's disabilities, then shouldn't they have checked with the resort before booking or travelling? If when they got there they found the lack of security to be unsafe, couldn't they have made arrangements for Nora to sleep in the room with one of the parents and for the other parent to go in with the other children?

Did they raise the concerns about safety with the resort owners before this happened? The parents are ultimately responsible for Nora's safety in my eyes and if they considered the resort to be unsafe then maybe they should have raised it with the owners or found alternative more appropriate accommodation.

I just feel like the parents are in completely denial that they have failed to protect Nora and are looking for anything or anyone else to blame but themselves. I'm not saying it was directly their fault that this happened but they ultimately made the decision to take their children on this type of holiday and stay in this type of accommodation which probably was unsuitable in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop