Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope some of those quotes used in the article are mis quotes- otherwise it throws up even more questions in my mind. I still struggle to understand how they would have shut their own bedroom door on the other children (that wasn’t in the article, but mentioned in previous articles) and now they quote she couldn’t get up and down the stairs on her own- did they really say that and I missed it???? Who would put a child who would have jet lag on a floor that they couldn’t escape from? What if she needed the toilet in the night or a drink, she couldn’t shout her parents as their door was shut, worst case scenario there was a fire. I can’t believe that quote is true.

I agree with Nora's parents, I also believe there was a criminal element to her disappearance. I've always thought the key to solving this mystery, is working out how Nora left the family's accommodation that night. That's something I've thought about a lot.

At first I considered an abduction to be highly improbable. The problem with an abduction scenario is, in extracting Nora, it's likely her siblings would have been woken too. For a perpetrator, that makes an abduction, in these circumstances, far too risky. Then I was considering how Nora could have been taken, without her siblings being disturbed. The most likely method, as someone has already posted, would have been to drug the children. If they were drugged, it was most likely sometime earlier in the day. Then, in the middle of the night, someone, maybe two people, entered their accommodation, probably using a stolen or copied passkey. They crept upstairs, and with all the children deeply asleep from the effects of a drug, took Nora from her bed. They then walked or carried Nora downstairs and out the front door. Before closing the door, one of the abductors opened the window, as a decoy and diversion. Then Nora was carried to the nearest road, placed in a waiting van or truck, (the noise of a vehicle was heard on the night) and driven away. That's why no trace of Nora was ever found in the vicinity, and there were no sightings of her either.

Well that would fit with the Shaman declaring he knew tonight the (forgotten what it was, fairies,, gods, magic pixie ??) would reveal Nora and by magic she reappeared - it would give a culprit the opportunity to reveal her. But surely if this was the situation, the autopsy would show where she died, in what conditions?

Desperately sad. What would the motive be, to kidnap and hide a girl without feeding her, and (much as I hate to say it) not to abuse her physically or sexually? That person must have been eating, must have been missing from home all that time. If the Quoirins suspicions are correct then surely locals MUST have an inkling who could have done it.

IMO that article rings true for me (ETA the reasons they are fighting for information and think she didn't reach her destination by herself ring true, but I don't know the likelihood of kidnapping), and I don't blame them for fighting for an inquest and for the full autopsy report. The case shouldn't have been closed already without a full autopsy report being completed and without them being notified, and that it was is really telling.

Last edited:
Again the article quotes that she couldn’t manage the spiral staircase on her own. Having seen that staircase, I’m not sure how you could help anyone down those stairs, also as they just had matteresses on the floor upstairs, why would you not bring one downstairs? With regards attitudes to Special needs- they are not as blinkered as this article implies. A close friend is a SENCO out in Kuala Lumpur and works with the rotary club over there and they are constantly attending and running workshops raising awareness in the nearby communities. So whilst it may not be as progressive and accepting as we are in the UK, they are certainly not in the dark ages about disabilities.

I really don't know what to make of it. Is it fair to suggest there is a cover up? The locals seemed really helpful.

If the family are so insistent she couldn't get down the stairs without help, maybe she had help. But it could have been one of the children who left her and are too frightened to admit it.

this is the strangest case i've ever followed

i cant understand any scenario offered up so far, none seem plausible....are we missing something?
Same here. It just seems physically impossible for Nora to have gotten so far into the jungle, even if she wanted to. Most cases have a motive--what could Nora's motive possibly have been?

This is a case where unless you are familiar with rural Malaysian culture speculation is all but useless. I do feel that the parents have grounds to sue the resort though because resorts are supposed to act as cultural intermediaries and it seems that few of them take that role very seriously.

Same here. It just seems physically impossible for Nora to have gotten so far into the jungle, even if she wanted to. Most cases have a motive--what could Nora's motive possibly have been?
But did she really get that far? Wasn't it only a mile + from the house. And I can't recall but was the front door without a lock too?!

I wonder if outside the confines of her parents, if she wasn't more capable of navigating stairs and letting herself out than people (parents) gave her credit for.

Cops in Malaysia say missing Irish teen Nora Quoirin left holiday resort bedroom of her own free will
Does anyone else remember when it was reported the sister said she had got out herself? I really feel for the parents, but I feel like they are twisting events now to fit in better with their beliefs. I also found earlier news articles about them finding fingerprints on the window, which they said gave cause to investigate both criminal and accidental disappearance, they also offered a reward (which would have been enough to provide information and then set up a new life).

This is a case where unless you are familiar with rural Malaysian culture speculation is all but useless. I do feel that the parents have grounds to sue the resort though because resorts are supposed to act as cultural intermediaries and it seems that few of them take that role very seriously.

Are you familiar with the culture? Do you have anything to add?

Hope this is ok to add, it’s a link to the official page of the rotary club at Seremban (the town 30 minutes away from the resort). If you do scroll through you will notice as I said previously they do a lot of work improving special needs knowledge. There is also posts about visits with the area where the resort actually was. Whilst their culture may be different from ours, it is a progressive country even out in the more rural areas.
Rotary Club of Seremban

But did she really get that far? Wasn't it only a mile + from the house. And I can't recall but was the front door without a lock too?!

I wonder if outside the confines of her parents, if she wasn't more capable of navigating stairs and letting herself out than people (parents) gave her credit for.
I'm saying that I think Nora was abducted because of how difficult it would have been to get in to the jungle, even if she had wanted to.

Makes sense that her parents would underestimate her abilities however, so far as the staircase. Her disability was so rare, I know it was severe but it's not clear how impaired she really was. There are photos of her in a sack race at school so she had some coordination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roberasparrow