Manorville Bodies: A Second Killer? Latest Remains found 02/17/2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Both Hempstead and Valley stream are very highly populated areas. Even if you might find some rural places inside the park, I doubt it would sustain a long-term dumping ground for a dozen bodies over a period of decades.

And of course, in mob hits, the stress is more on 'disposal' than 'trophy yard'.

And of course, in mob hits, the stress is more on 'disposal' than 'trophy yard'.

If you just want to get rid of a body, I suppose you can "dump" it anywhere. If you've left no definitive evidence it wouldn't matter where you put it. You can put it in Hempstead Lake State Park or in front of the Dairy Queen and it wouldn't matter.

If you're trying to permanently hide that body and find a place for other bodies or if you've left (or not sure if you've left) evidence on the body, you're much better off putting it where there is no one around as opposed to everyone around. To put a body in a place where there are always people roaming about, plus dog trails, fishermen, hikers, campers and kids, you're just asking for someone to find the body. To dump a body in a State Park, especially on Long Island, you would have to ensure no one would be around when you drag the body from your car -not a small feat.

I can't remember a time in any park on Long Island when I pulled into the parking lot and no one was there. But even if you break in at night and pray no one spots you, you can still have campers around, kids trespassing to drink or have sex, fishermen trespassing, security and who only knows what else.

Why bother to have to deal with all that trouble when you can just hop on the LIE and drive an hour and go where no one is?

IDK about mob hits, but I would think if any of those Manorville bodies were mob related, the mob certainly didn't want those bodies found and/or identified (not worried that we would know who killed them).

We have floated the idea of 2 serial killers around this forum for a while now and I think the major consensus is there are 2 killers. I read your post and I like your theory, but the problem with it is that Evan is currently in jail.

(see link http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=5815588)

Unless he got out, which I doubt he did, he couldn't be our Manorville Killer because our Manorville killer deposited remains at the Gilgo Beach site last spring. I know there are people who don't believe that to be the case, but the fact that some of the remains had not been decomposed (in 11 years), leaves one to have to conclude the remains were placed at Gilgo pretty soon before they were discovered by LE; certainly not 11 years earlier.
bbm
That I would not say is accurate.

We have floated the idea of 2 serial killers around this forum for a while now and I think the major consensus is there are 2 killers. I read your post and I like your theory, but the problem with it is that Evan is currently in jail.

Unless he got out, which I doubt he did, he couldn't be our Manorville Killer because our Manorville killer deposited remains at the Gilgo Beach site last spring. I know there are people who don't believe that to be the case, but the fact that some of the remains had not been decomposed (in 11 years), leaves one to have to conclude the remains were placed at Gilgo pretty soon before they were discovered by LE; certainly not 11 years earlier.

Hi. do you have a link for that as fact?

Everything we have read and heard so far about the remains of the Manorville victims that were found in Gilgo were skeletal. When they first found JT's skull it was reported that it had been there so long that the roots of a small tree/bush were growing through it.

All of the evidence suggests that the remains found in Gilgo of the two manorville victims have been there since before 2006 when he was arrested.

Well, IIRC, the ME's office had to do facial reconstruction on three of the skulls in order to generate the three missing posters. So far, the details on the decomposition of the three JDs, the baby and the male cross dresser have been limited to saying that they were "remains."

It may only be a theory that Manorville killer dropped the plastic bags with heads, hands, feet, etc. after GB4 were discovered. So far, IMO, that has not been determined to be a fact. With that in mind, until we know more then EM could be responsible for some of the plastic bag finds and he may have discarded them before August 2006.

If you just want to get rid of a body, I suppose you can "dump" it anywhere. If you've left no definitive evidence it wouldn't matter where you put it. You can put it in Hempstead Lake State Park or in front of the Dairy Queen and it wouldn't matter.

If you're trying to permanently hide that body and find a place for other bodies or if you've left (or not sure if you've left) evidence on the body, you're much better off putting it where there is no one around as opposed to everyone around. To put a body in a place where there are always people roaming about, plus dog trails, fishermen, hikers, campers and kids, you're just asking for someone to find the body. To dump a body in a State Park, especially on Long Island, you would have to ensure no one would be around when you drag the body from your car -not a small feat.

I can't remember a time in any park on Long Island when I pulled into the parking lot and no one was there. But even if you break in at night and pray no one spots you, you can still have campers around, kids trespassing to drink or have sex, fishermen trespassing, security and who only knows what else.

Why bother to have to deal with all that trouble when you can just hop on the LIE and drive an hour and go where no one is?

IDK about mob hits, but I would think if any of those Manorville bodies were mob related, the mob certainly didn't want those bodies found and/or identified (not worried that we would know who killed them).

Exactly!

Hi. do you have a link for that as fact?

Everything we have read and heard so far about the remains of the Manorville victims that were found in Gilgo were skeletal. When they first found JT's skull it was reported that it had been there so long that the roots of a small tree/bush were growing through it.

All of the evidence suggests that the remains found in Gilgo of the two manorville victims have been there since before 2006 when he was arrested.

Originally Posted by Peter Brendt
"Well, since you "spiced up" what I said with some of your own ingredients, it has now some lack of logic. I never said it would be necessarily preservation by freezing, I mentioned "preservation", freezing was only one possible example. So I ask you politely, not to mingle in what I said, your own stuff because then we are on the level of that "banker receipt" that lately went viral.
When it comes to the article, you linked, I had to blink a little. You noticed, that the author of that article refers to the situation much earlier, before the other body parts were even found? He ust copied from old archive articles there. He writes for example also, that JT's head would be missing, so no dentals. Well, we know they found that piece in the meantime.
Moreover, you may noticed, we miss of both women still some parts? The collections are not complete yet.
And I referred to the state of remains with little bones (children, hands, ankles, basically every body part with SMALL BONES ...) The point is, if an ankle, or a hand, or a knee or whatever, lays out there for years, first the remains will deteriorate through several stages till they are fully skeletized. After that, when also the sinew material is gone, the bones have no connection anymore. So if, and that's a big if already, the animals of the neighborhood (in the water, makes that crabs and fishes) didn't feed on it years before, latest at this point, the remains are spread out by weather (storms), animals and sometimes even trees growing right through them. All you can find after this point are long bones, skulls and if you have good climatic conditions, maybe some ribs and vertebrae.
So ... technically, nothing here is negated. It would be negated, if you could find anything, indicating, there were no small bones, but then, how would have one found a hand in the first place?
And another question: We know plastic can survive in nature for at least fifty years, but what do you think, how long can a plastic bag remain closed in the very same nature, if there is some tasty food for the local wildlife in it?"

Also, if you go back and re-read the posts, like #346 for one, you would know what details were found in the remains of JT and one of the Manorville Doe's such as painted toenails and scars, which you wouldn't see if the remains were skeletonized.

There has been a TON of talk about the remains found in this thread. If you didn't see any of it, please reread the posts so that I don't have to go through every post to say what's already been said.

Also, the skeleton with the tree growing through it wasn't JT. It was the most recent body found in Manorville. I don't even think they released any info on that person. see link:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-skull-20120220,0,5806302.story

For starters, the painted toe nails and scars have ZERO to do with JT's hands and skulls. The reports of painted toenails and scars come from the remains found in Manorville immediately after JT's death.

As far as the Manorville victims remains found along Ocean Parkway, all I can say is to do the proper research and you will discover that they were skeletal. JT's hands and skull were found in a partially buried plastic garbage bag (which would hold all of the bones together). The JD's skull was also all bone as Peter just pointed out that it needed an artist to draw up the sketch from the victim's skull.

There were several sets of remains found along Ocean Parkway that had vegetation growing through them because they were there so long. Here is a link to info on one of them;

these are so old that roots were growing around the vertebrae and the skull," the source told the newspaper. "These could be one or two of Joel Rifkin's victims who were never found

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/1...island-serial-killer-726616671/#ixzz1oPTbTOwQ

If you have evidence that suggests otherwise, please share. If not, then we cannot rule out the possibility that their remains were placed along Ocean Parkway 2006 or earlier.

The person with the scars on her legs and nail polish on her toes is Jane Doe 9098.

https://identifyus.org/cases/9098

Here is a link to her thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160935"]Jane Doe 9098 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

For starters, the painted toe nails and scars have ZERO to do with JT's hands and skulls. The reports of painted toenails and scars come from the remains found in Manorville immediately after JT's death.

As far as the Manorville victims remains found along Ocean Parkway, all I can say is to do the proper research and you will discover that they were skeletal. JT's hands and skull were found in a partially buried plastic garbage bag (which would hold all of the bones together). The JD's skull was also all bone as Peter just pointed out that it needed an artist to draw up the sketch from the victim's skull.

There were several sets of remains found along Ocean Parkway that had vegetation growing through them because they were there so long. Here is a link to info on one of them;

If you have evidence that suggests otherwise, please share. If not, then we cannot rule out the possibility that their remains were placed along Ocean Parkway 2006 or earlier.

I wasn't thinking the scars and toenail polish was JT, I was thinking more along the lines of JD6, but dwntwnslim has now clarified it was neither - it was JD9098.

The link you posted said a "source" said:

"These are so old that roots were growing around the vertebrae and the skull," the source told the newspaper."

but he also said:

"An unnamed source told the New York Post that the remains -- reportedly a torso and human skull --" which can't be JT or JD6 because their torsos were found in Manorville years before. So, idk.

As for my belief that the remains were not completely skeletal, I might have inferred from the following links in their descriptions of the remains which include the words "head" instead of skull and "hands" whereas in other places, the article refers to other remains as "skeletal." I do not see any mention of the body parts -be it skeletal or not - found in partially buried plastic garbage bags.

One of the links states the following:

http://babylonvillage.patch.com/art...ld-bring-gilgo-serial-killer-tally-to-a-dozen

"One is an unidentified woman tagged as Jane Doe No. 6 whose torso and left foot were found first in Manorville in 2000 and whose head, hands and right foot were found Gilgo in April, 2011

The victim was an adult white woman between the ages of 18 and 40 and stood about 5 foot 2 inches. A medical examiner database report states the victim’s right and left nasal bones had been fractured and healed. Police have stated the victim had a tattoo on her right ankle but the database report does not indicate that."

So, again, I'm inferring that in order to even look for a tatoo, they must have had something to look at. Maybe I'm wrong.

Also, these articles all point to more than 1 killer, so I guess it might have been ambitious to suggest the consensus on this forum, but it seems to be a common assumption in the Media and people I have spoken with, not to mention the difference in signatures.

http://riverheadlocal.com/local-new...ged-to-dismembered-bodies-found-in-manorville

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500202_162-20061368.html

Oh, and can it be, you just messed JT and JD6?

Highly interesting, Seaslug ... so the toenails were on the body? Because the body was what was found of FT in 2003. Only the body. Maybe people there look very strange, with toes directly attached to the body.

Highly interesting, Seaslug ... so the toenails were on the body? Because the body was what was found of FT in 2003. Only the body. Maybe people there look very strange, with toes directly attached to the body.

Hi Peter. Only the heads & hands of both Manorville victims were missing. The rest of their bodies were intact (including feet and legs). Here is a link to the info on both of them;

THE JANE DOE
A trio of hunters searching for game in a Manorville thicket yesterday instead discovered several bags that Suffolk County police believe contained the body parts of a woman who had been the victim of a homicide.

The hunters' dogs found the unidentified woman's partially decomposed body at about 10:30 a.m. as they searched for pheasant in the wooded area, said homicide squad commander Det. Lt. John Gierasch.

The body, which was located about 200 feet off Halsey Manor Road and near a utility right-of-way, had been severed and placed into several large dark-colored garbage bags. The body had no clothing.

"Right now we have some human remains that appear to be that of a white female," Gierasch said, adding that the case is being treated as a homicide although it is too early to tell if the woman was murdered.

He added that both hands and the head of the victim were missing, a fact that may hamper efforts to identify the victim and ultimately locate her assailant.

"It's presumed that (cutting off the hands and head) is done in an effort to thwart identification of the victim," Gierasch said, adding that he was withholding the names of the hunters who made the find.

Details were sketchy yesterday, but Gierasch said the body was likely that of a small woman whose age could not be immediately determined, and that no personal effects were culled from the bags or the scene.

Homicide detectives left the scene shortly after 5 p.m. yesterday after combing the woods for evidence for several hours.

Still, it was unclear yesterday how and whether the victim had been killed, how long the body had been in the woods or how long the victim had been dead...
-SOURCE: LI Hunters Discover Woman's Remains: [NASSAU AND SUFFOLK Edition]
Zachary R. Dowdy. STAFF WRITER. Newsday [Long Island, N.Y] 20 Nov 2000: A06

And JESSICA TAYLOR
Suffolk homicide detectives said yesterday they are exploring the possibility that the deaths of two young women - both found headless and handless only a mile apart in the same patch of Manorville woods - are linked.

On Saturday, an unidentified body was found about 10:45 a.m. by a woman who was walking a dog off Halsey Manor Road. The body, which had several tattoos, was naked and rested on a pile of branches.

In November 2000, hunters stumbled upon a similarly grisly find on the same road: a woman's body with its head and hands sliced off. She still has not been identified, and the case remains unsolved.

"We're aware of the other case and it's certainly something we're looking at," Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick, head of the homicide squad, said yesterday, adding that the cases may be mere coincidences, however striking. "They're similar in the sense that they were in reasonably close geographic proximity and missing hands and heads. Those are clearly similarities, but there is nothing beyond that that links the two cases."

Police believe both bodies were taken to the locations. In the older case, the body had been cut into parts and placed in several bags; the body found Saturday was intact, except for the head and hands, police said.

Police believe the body found Saturday was that of a woman who was white or Hispanic, between 5 feet and 5 feet, 5 inches tall, weighing 110 to 125 pounds, said Fitzpatrick. She had a tattoo on the right side of her back, likely the wing of an angel or bird. The body also had a purple-and-silver decal on at least one of the toes.
-SOURCE: Cops Consider Link Between 2 Victims: [ALL EDITIONS]
Zachary R. Dowdy. STAFF WRITER. Newsday [Long Island, N.Y] 29 July 2003: A.67.

These original news articles disprove recent sloppy reports that only their torsos were found.

Hi Peter. Only the heads & hands of both Manorville victims were missing. The rest of their bodies were intact (including feet and legs). Here is a link to the info on both of them;

THE JANE DOE
-SOURCE: LI Hunters Discover Woman's Remains: [NASSAU AND SUFFOLK Edition]
Zachary R. Dowdy. STAFF WRITER. Newsday [Long Island, N.Y] 20 Nov 2000: A06

And JESSICA TAYLOR
-SOURCE: Cops Consider Link Between 2 Victims: [ALL EDITIONS]
Zachary R. Dowdy. STAFF WRITER. Newsday [Long Island, N.Y] 29 July 2003: A.67.

These original news articles disprove recent sloppy reports that only their torsos were found.

Sweet, that solves at least one riddle. Now we need only some order in the number chaos and we get finally a real overview.

I'm a bit confused by that number salad ... 9098 is what was earlier referred to as Jane Doe 6? Or is that the Fire Island one from 1996?

The "9098" is the "Unidentified Person (UP) number" for the Jane Doe whose legs were found on Fire Island in 1996 in the identifyus.org website.

According to the physical/medical section of her webpage, Jane Doe 9098 is described as follows:

"Hair color"

"Unknown or Completely Bald"

"Scars and marks"

"Right lower leg has a 3-1/2" scar on the lateral mid leg area, a 1" linear scar on the lateral mid to lower leg and a 1/2" scar on the medial ankle."

"The left leg has a 2" surgical scar with adjacent suture scars on the medial left ankle."

"Finger and toe nails"

"The decedent had red toenail polish on all toes."

"Prior surgery"

"The decedent may have had surgery on her left ankle."

**That's all that was provided for her physical/medical description.

The following is Jane Doe's dental description:

"One or more teeth present."

The following is her general case information:

Status Unidentified
Case number 96-1355
Date found April 20, 1996 19:00
Date created August 11, 2011 11:45
Date last modified December 21, 2011 06:29
Date QA reviewed September 21, 2011 05:14

Local Medical Examiner/Coroner Contact
Agency Suffolk Cnty Med Examiners Ofc
Phone 631-853-5555

Case Manager
Name Stephen Jacobs
Email stephen.jacobs@suffolkcountyny.gov

**Although the "Date Found" information states April 20, 1996..., it is my understanding that is the date that just her legs were found. Her skull was found in April 2011:

Huffington Post
Long Island Serial Killer Case: Police
Release Victim Sketch
By Aman Ali
1/8/12
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1192666.html

"Police said remains from the woman's body were actually found in April 1996, but her skull was found on an Ocean Parkway beach last April in the midst of their current investigation."

Update

Here is Jane Doe 9098's information regarding "Circumstances" from her identifyus.org webpage:

Location Found

GPS coordinates

Address 1 Blue Point Beach

Address 2

City Davis Park

State New York

Zip code

County Suffolk

"Circumstances of death"

"The decedents left and right legs were recovered on April 20, 1996 at Blue Point Beach in the vicinity of Davis Park, Suffolk County NY. The decedents skull was recovered on April 12, 2011 off of Ocean Pkwy in Nassau County, NY."

re: identifyus.org

omg - i had no idea......of the detail

i am.....not nearly as familiar on these things as you super sleuthers.
are there case numbers for

shannan gilbert
megan waterman
melissa barthelemy
maureen brainard-barnes
and
last but not least - amber costello?

thanx

tkm

The "9098" is the "Unidentified Person (UP) number" for the Jane Doe whose legs were found on Fire Island in 1996 in the identifyus.org website.

According to the physical/medical section of her webpage, Jane Doe 9098 is described as follows:

"Hair color"

"Unknown or Completely Bald"

"Scars and marks"

"Right lower leg has a 3-1/2" scar on the lateral mid leg area, a 1" linear scar on the lateral mid to lower leg and a 1/2" scar on the medial ankle."

"The left leg has a 2" surgical scar with adjacent suture scars on the medial left ankle."

"Finger and toe nails"

"The decedent had red toenail polish on all toes."

"Prior surgery"

"The decedent may have had surgery on her left ankle."

**That's all that was provided for her physical/medical description.

The following is Jane Doe's dental description:

"One or more teeth present."

The following is her general case information:

Status Unidentified
Case number 96-1355
Date found April 20, 1996 19:00
Date created August 11, 2011 11:45
Date last modified December 21, 2011 06:29
Date QA reviewed September 21, 2011 05:14

Local Medical Examiner/Coroner Contact
Agency Suffolk Cnty Med Examiners Ofc
Phone 631-853-5555

Case Manager
Name Stephen Jacobs
Email stephen.jacobs@suffolkcountyny.gov

**Although the "Date Found" information states April 20, 1996..., it is my understanding that is the date that just her legs were found. Her skull was found in April 2011:

Huffington Post
Long Island Serial Killer Case: Police
Release Victim Sketch
By Aman Ali
1/8/12
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1192666.html

"Police said remains from the woman's body were actually found in April 1996, but her skull was found on an Ocean Parkway beach last April in the midst of their current investigation."

Update

Here is Jane Doe 9098's information regarding "Circumstances" from her identifyus.org webpage:

Location Found

GPS coordinates

Address 1 Blue Point Beach

Address 2

City Davis Park

State New York

Zip code

County Suffolk

"Circumstances of death"

"The decedents left and right legs were recovered on April 20, 1996 at Blue Point Beach in the vicinity of Davis Park, Suffolk County NY. The decedents skull was recovered on April 12, 2011 off of Ocean Pkwy in Nassau County, NY."

Wow, every other story I have read, about this JD, said that only one foot had painted toenails. UGH!!! Why are there so many mistakes. Now, we don't know which is accurate, again. It's so annoying.

Example:
SOURCE: Woman's Severed Legs Found on Fire Island: [NASSAU AND SUFFOLK Edition]
By Geoffrey Mohan. STAFF WRITER. Newsday [Long Island, N.Y] 22 Apr 1996: A.25.

Quote:
"Police are investigating the discovery of two severed legs on the shores of Fire Island this weekend.

The legs, protruding from a black plastic gargage bag, were found Saturday at about 5:30 p.m. by two seasonal residents walking along Blue Point Beach, about a mile west of Davis Park on the bay side of the island, said Det. Sgt. Kevin Cronin of the Suffolk County Police Homicide Squad.

The toenails of one foot were painted red, and both legs belonged to the same woman, Cronin said. A preliminary examination also revealed that both legs have scars that police hope will help in identifying the victim."

And Another:http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/long_island&id=8360554
Press reports from April 1996 indicate that two severed legs were found on the shores of Davis Park, on Fire Island, by two seasonal residents walking along the beach. The toenails of one foot were painted red and the right leg had 3 1/2-inch scar on the rear calf and L-shaped scar on the shin. The left leg had a 3 1/2-inch scar on the inner side.

Manorville JD (torso and at least one foot) found 2000 is JD #6. More of her remains were found nearest the baby JD on the OP.

IIRC, a composite sketch of JD #6 (Manorville 2000) has been generated.

JD #10 or JD 9098 is the Fire Island find 1996 and head found in JFK Sanctuary
John Doe (the male dressed as a woman found in 2011 OP) has a composite sketch.

WHY is there is still no composite sketch of JD #9 (mother with bracelets) or Baby JD?
EDIT: Nevermind, they haven't found her head. Still why no composite on the baby?

Here again is my summary list of victims found. We can now add to that list the two earlier males found in Manorville 2000 & 2003, respectively as well as the third male skeleton found in late February 2012. It appears as if that set of remains has been there a very long time.

1, 2, 3, 4. the GB4 found December 2010

5. Jessica T in Manorville and the Jones Beach area. (found April 2011)

6. Jane Doe #6 torso found in Manorville in 2000 and head and hands found 250 feet from toddler on April 4, 2011

7. The UID toddler who appears to be the child of the the victim # 9 below. Found April 2011
Wrapped in Blanket and wearing gold hoop earrings and a gold rope necklace.

8. The UID male possibly Asian/dressed as a female

9. UID Female Remains (bag of upper & lower extremities) near Field Area 6 Jones Beach April 11, 2011. Two bracelets found on or nearby the remains

10. This UID woman (Head Found JFK Memorial Wildlife Sanctuary April 11, 2011 and legs found 1996 Fire Island?)

Seaslug, were any of those heads that were found from females? JD #9's extremities (from the mother) have not been linked to any head or a body. Did you notice if any other torsos had turned up with or without a head found nearby or with a related part found later and/or linked to such a find?

Isn't it odd that the one JD that has been linked to the baby, who was wrapped in a blanket, and is said to be her mother was left in such a way that her head and body have yet to be found?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker
Back