Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got ATI email, emailing them now to see if they have someone local. They have worked so hard on this also, maybe they can help and get some recognition, are they NPO?

Emailing them now.

Indeed! I so hope it works out. I don't know why they need to have someone local to speak. MJD is local, that's all that's important! I would much rather see Websleuths (and related sites) represented as national or international for the purpose of exposure.

Thank you, Christine, for doing what you can to make the most of this opportunity! You rock!!! :clap:

I am thinking if I don't get response in time, I will call Suzi Dodt....they are doing awesome work with UID's there....that in itself, their database is a story.....yep...I think we can pull this off somehow.
"We need to get them identified," said Laura Fulginiti, a forensic anthropologist in Maricopa County.

"It just kills me. I don't like the end of the story to be like that. Our whole mission is to make sure nobody is buried without a name."

Bolstered by federal DNA initiatives and funding and by advancing scientific technology, states across the country are beginning to put more emphasis on identifying the unidentified.

The Maricopa County Medical Examiner's Office is establishing the state's first Web site to profile bodies without names. The site will include where the bodies were found, distinguishing marks and, whenever possible, sketches of the dead. It is expected to be online by Labor Day.

I am thinking if I don't get response in time, I will call Suzi Dodt....they are doing awesome work with UID's there....that in itself, their database is a story.....yep...I think we can pull this off somehow.

Great idea! Suzi might be perfect - though I have sensed some resistance from her with this particular case. I hope she's up for it.

Great idea! Suzi might be perfect - though I have sensed some resistance from her with this particular case. I hope she's up for it.

I agree, her resistance. I am sure that is due to the tremendous amount of pressure put by a few here, lots of questions put her way. I have spoke with her a couple of times, I think we have a chance.

Here's my latest version of MJD. Hope you like it.

7copy.jpg

jen, it's eerie. I think it's good, fwiw. It seems real, if that makes sense. Thank you, for taking the time!

You did a great job!!! I swear its so much harder for me than i'm sure its supposed to be lol i've tried numerous times to do things today and just keep doing worse and worse :waitasec:

but sure hope someone from AZ can make this tomorrow!!! Has to be SOMEONE around !!!

katiecoolady is also from AZ i think. i know she was there at 1 point to deal with the appeal of her sisters killer. at that time marstan had her personal email if you want to try and reach her.

I am local, but don't know if I want to be interviewed. What would this involve? I have not worked on this case very much, more lurking. Does the interview have to be done by noon or just a contact? Tomorrow is my sons last day of school (as it is for most Phoenix schools) and I have a group of kids coming for a pool party at 10am. I will help if I can, but am not one for the spotlight.

I am local, but don't know if I want to be interviewed. What would this involve? I have not worked on this case very much, more lurking. Does the interview have to be done by noon or just a contact? Tomorrow is my sons last day of school (as it is for most Phoenix schools) and I have a group of kids coming for a pool party at 10am. I will help if I can, but am not one for the spotlight.

Sounds like you have a lot going on and I don't want you to do something you're not comfortable doing. Don't worry. We'll get it done!

This is so unreal!

Believe09, yes I did attend high school in Phoenix but unfortunately I moved away last spring! I really wish I could get someone else to do it that I know in the Phoenix area, and I have contacted a few people addressing the case to see if anyone is up for it. It's in such short notice, though. I really hope someone will be able to do it! I will have my phone next to me all night with the ringer on in case someone wants to call me about it.. I can't promise anything, but at least it's something.

Great work guys! It's really looking up for MJD!

If I knew more.. I could get someone.. ahhhh!!! someone log on!!!!

Vashley88 - I have no information for you, sorrrrrrry. But, maybe try to email Christine or Fairy1?

Or hang tight and maybe someone will log back in before going to bed? And some of these guys are on really, really early in the morning.

I have my fingers crossed it all works out!

Salem

Vashley, I have no idea what the interview would entail. They want to do a story on WS w/MJD as an 'example' of what we do. They want a WSer in AZ to be available to talk with.

I am going to email the reporter right now and let her know I am trying to find someone in the area for story. I will also call and nag ;) about doing it w/o someone there. Again, as mentioned earlier, I think there is just as much of a story in the 5000 UID's in the state and what ME office is accomplishing locally there....they me be unaware.

Nearly 200 people since 1973, mostly men, have never been identified in Maricopa County. Officials point to the prevalence of immigration, homelessness, mental illness and drug abuse that can separate people from their families and make it harder to identify them when they die.

As a result, families never find out what happened to their loved one, and, in cases of murder, police are hard-pressed to catch the killer without knowing the victim's name.

It's a problem that extends beyond Arizona. About 5,000 unidentified remains have been placed in the National Crime Information Center database, and some officials estimate that more than 40,000 other bodies nationwide are unidentified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME