Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did those people testify?:confused: No but I have no doubt they will when the trial commences. Jenna Renner said that LE had already been in touch with her months ago and interviewed her and I am sure they have done the same with the rest. That part of the investigation would be done by the MC/NCIS and they are assisting OCSD in this case.

I think most likely these witnesses are connected to the USMC in someway by either being active, finished contract by now or was a wife of a Marine or girl friend that knew CL and Maria well. Although I guess it is possible that a motel clerk may have remembered seeing them together if they met somewhere outside of Jacksonville. There were also others that said that she told them she knew she had to get out of a relationship she was in and also when asked was the pregnancy a good thing or bad thing. Maria said, she would have to wait and see.

They would not have been arrested if they saw each other discreetly and not on base and neither party told on the other one or if their friends knew but they weren't going to out them knowing they could get in trouble because of having MPO in place. I am sure Laurean never approached Maria while they were on the base where the MC had jurisdictional control over the MPO.

I do believe there was a relationship though and that is why Maria felt comfortable coming to his home on her own free will and piercing the MPO wall of protection herself. Sutherland said all charges have been filed that are going to be filed by them. He has had no kidnapping charges lodged against him the entire time.. I believe they have now extensively talked with Laurean's family about what they knew about CL and Maria's relationship and that is how they found the connection to Maria and El Paso imo.

I do believe Maria came there twice that day. The first visit I think everything went fine but when she came back later in the evening something ignited a firestorm that resulted in this horrific crime. I hope we learn what the argument was about but that may never be known if CL doesn't talk when he returns unless he testifies on his own behalf in his trial.

Imo this crime was no where a premeditated one.....it was chaotic and disorganized. If he had planned to kill her there were hundreds of places to do it instead of his own home with his wife expected any minute.
imoo

exactly...this is my line of thinking also.....

Call parallels Laurean
Records show early morning contact from wife's phone.
May 29, 2008 - 11:53PM
LINDELL KAY
DAILY NEWS STAFF
The wife of a Marine accused in the bludgeoning death of a pregnant colleague, who has drawn public criticism for not informing law enforcement about the crime for several hours after her husband fled, may have contacted someone immediately.

Christina Laurean told detectives she found out about the death of Maria Lauterbach on Jan. 10 on the way to Jacksonville attorney Mark Raynor's office, according to affidavits in court documents.

On Jan. 11, someone in the Laurean residence viewed an online news story about Lauterbach's disappearance about 4 a.m. Law enforcement officials believe Cesar Laurean fled Onslow County about that time.

Information from telephone records, confirmed by a legal source close to the case, show a phone registered to Christina Laurean placed a call to a phone belonging to Jacksonville attorney Paul Castle at 4:14 a.m. on Jan. 11. Castle, Raynor and Ed Bailey had been retained by Cesar Laurean.

"I am not going to address that allegation," Castle told The Daily News on Thursday. "I cannot confirm or deny that."

The Onslow County Sheriff's Department did not learn of Cesar Laurean's flight until around 10 a.m. when they received a phone call from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.

The Daily News reached Christina Laurean by phone Wednesday night, but she declined comment. Her attorney, Jacksonville lawyer Chris Welch, said his client - an active duty Marine - has been instructed by the Marine Corps not to discuss the case with the media.

She was advised not to talk to the media, said Lt. Col. Curtis Hill, spokesman for II Marine Expeditionary Force, to which Lauterbach and the Laureans were attached.

Sheriff's Department Capt. Rick Sutherland would not comment on the Jan. 11 phone call.

Lauterbach - in her third trimester of her pregnancy when she died - had earlier accused Laurean of rape, but Navy investigators could not substantiate her accusations. Federal agents do not believe Laurean was the father.

Her body and the body of her unborn child were found buried in the Laureans' backyard on Jan. 11. Laurean was arrested in April in Mexico, and extradition procedures have begun, local prosecutors said.

continued at:http://www.jdnews.com/news/laurean_56819___article.html/christina_cesar.html

Thank you ocean! :) I can't say I'm surprised about the 4:14am phone call to the lawyer.

Tonight on Dateline they will be highlighting:

Inside the FBI search for Cpl. Cesar Laurean, wanted in the death of pregnant fellow Marine Maria Lautterbach

Thanks for posting, I plan on checking this out!

Tonight on Dateline they will be highlighting:

Inside the FBI search for Cpl. Cesar Laurean, wanted in the death of pregnant fellow Marine Maria Lautterbach

Thanks for the heads up, TG ! I won't miss it !

Been too long since this case was mentioned on tv. About time one of the news shows features it.

Dateline has been showing a pic of Christina Laurean and also said that le asked Christina to communicate with Cesar so that they could pinpoint where he was.

Dateline has been showing a pic of Christina Laurean and also said that le asked Christina to communicate with Cesar so that they could pinpoint where he was.
Yeah, I believe that as much as I believe in the Easter Bunny & Tooth Fairy. The Search Warrants proved otherwise :rolleyes:

It's been a while but it was great to see the town this smuck has been hiding out in. I watched the whole thing. Will try to keep posted.

I watched it and cried through the whole show. :(

However, I did note a couple of interesting things...like Xtina's photo plastered across the screen at least twice!! It didn't change my perception of her either, I might add.

Did anyone notice how they never mentioned the baby after finding her body and the piece on the funeral? I thought it was odd. Even her mother never mentioned the baby other than up until her body was found. Is there any significance there or was it like the elephant in the room?!

They also mentioned they believed that Maria was definitely killed in garage around 7 pm which I had not heard before. Is this new? Also the wound on her neck was only superficial.

However, I did note a couple of interesting things...like Xtina's photo plastered across the screen at least twice!! It didn't change my perception of her either, I might add.

Did anyone notice how they never mentioned the baby after finding her body and the piece on the funeral? I thought it was odd. Even her mother never mentioned the baby other than up until her body was found. Is there any significance there or was it like the elephant in the room?!

They also mentioned they believed that Maria was definitely killed in garage around 7 pm which I had not heard before. Is this new? Also the wound on her neck was only superficial.
Many things were mis-reported, or left out!

They in fact don't know what time Maria was murdered. According to the recent documents released Christina came home at 7:00 p.m. and supposedly Cesar came home at 7:30 pm. IF you want to believe what Christina said............I DON'T!

Will post more tomorrow, just logged in so I could post Christina's photo in the photo thread.

LOL I was wondering how long it would take you to post that after it had gone national. :)

You're right SS, it registered to me subconsciously but I never really thought about it until you mentioned it, that they never really mentioned the baby on the show. That is weird! I wonder why?

You're right SS, it registered to me subconsciously but I never really thought about it until you mentioned it, that they never really mentioned the baby on the show. That is weird! I wonder why?
I didn't get to watch the show, but Maria's baby wasn't mentioned? That is odd, imo. Have the DNA tests ever been released? I know they're waiting for Cesar to be returned to the US to get a sample from him, but I'm wondering if the baby might not be his?

Yeah, I believe that as much as I believe in the Easter Bunny & Tooth Fairy. The Search Warrants proved otherwise :rolleyes:

It is obvious that Dateline read none of the recently released Search Warrants.

Many things were mis-reported, or left out!

They in fact don't know what time Maria was murdered. According to the recent documents released Christina came home at 7:00 p.m. and supposedly Cesar came home at 7:30 pm. IF you want to believe what Christina said............I DON'T!

Will post more tomorrow, just logged in so I could post Christina's photo in the photo thread.

Even if she did come home and he wasn't there it makes me wonder exactly what time Maria came back there "later in the evening" and how do we really know he came back at 7:30? IMO, he sure wasn't loading up Maria and taking her out in the woods somewhere only to haul her right back and bury her in his own backyard when there are thousands of acres up there he could have hid her where her body would never have been found except maybe by a game hunter or fisherman one day.

The notes have continuously nagged at me.......they really seem to be written to protect Christina instead of himself. What if he was gone, after all he did not expect her to return after buying the ticket and when he returned this is what he found and what if he wrote in the note is what Christina told him that happened? Even though the knife wound was superficial in medical terminology it was a gaping wound that would have bled profusely. What if he saw her laying in the garage and saw the blood pooling around her head and believes it came from the knife wound if CSL told him Maria came there and went crazy? I keep thinking about the autopsy drawing and the hit is a direct hit to the side of the head and is not a deflected injury. It is like Maria never saw it coming whomever was wielding it.

Now most of this is just speculation but I have never seen a case where the spouse fits in the time line and profile too of the possible murderer. We have no idea when Maria came back. We have no idea who all was there when she did. Is this case based on nothing but the notes and what CSL has to say when she too has motives to lie and has deceived since this began? It is like LE desperately needs this woman's testimony. IMO they swooped in and stopped her because they knew she was getting ready to set up money where he could access it so they cut her off from doing that and also because then she would be guilty of aiding and abetting. That would not bode well for LE nor could they continue to portray her they way they desperately have.

On Dateline they made a point to stress that Laurean had never violated the MPO yet they also made a point that Christina Laurean had confronted Maria. She has always had the ICK factor........something is foreboding about her imo.

I found Agent Grafton, who was the lead NCIS investigator in charge of the rape allegation, very credible. She knows plenty and she knows that Mary Lauterbach does not know the truth at all.

imoo

While it is common for a ME to label a wound "superficial" if it did not hit vital areas it is still very much a gross gaping wound in the eyes of a layperson and jurors.

The wound is 4" long, and gaping to 2". Almost as long as her head wound (5"). For it to be 4" and gaping open 2 inches it will be enough to turn the stomach of the jurors imo.

I was a juror on a criminal case where the ME pointed out wounds that he considered superficial but to us it left some of us queasy just seeing the gaping open wound.

imoo

Even if she did come home and he wasn't there it makes me wonder exactly what time Maria came back there "later in the evening" and how do we really know he came back at 7:30? IMO, he sure wasn't loading up Maria and taking her out in the woods somewhere only to haul her right back and bury her in his own backyard when there are thousands of acres up there he could have hid her where her body would never have been found except maybe by a game hunter or fisherman one day.

The notes have continuously nagged at me.......they really seem to be written to protect Christina instead of himself. What if he was gone, after all he did not expect her to return after buying the ticket and when he returned this is what he found and what if he wrote in the note is what Christina told him that happened? Even though the knife wound was superficial in medical terminology it was a gaping wound that would have bled profusely. What if he saw her laying in the garage and saw the blood pooling around her head and believes it came from the knife wound if CSL told him Maria came there and went crazy? I keep thinking about the autopsy drawing and the hit is a direct hit to the side of the head and is not a deflected injury. It is like Maria never saw it coming whomever was wielding it.

Now most of this is just speculation but I have never seen a case where the spouse fits in the time line and profile too of the possible murderer. We have no idea when Maria came back. We have no idea who all was there when she did. Is this case based on nothing but the notes and what CSL has to say when she too has motives to lie and has deceived since this began? It is like LE desperately needs this woman's testimony. IMO they swooped in and stopped her because they knew she was getting ready to set up money where he could access it so they cut her off from doing that and also because then she would be guilty of aiding and abetting. That would not bode well for LE nor could they continue to portray her they way they desperately have.

On Dateline they made a point to stress that Laurean had never violated the MPO yet they also made a point that Christina Laurean had confronted Maria. She has always had the ICK factor........something is foreboding about her imo.

I found Agent Grafton, who was the lead NCIS investigator in charge of the rape allegation, very credible. She knows plenty and she knows that Mary Lauterbach does not know the truth at all.

imoo
:clap::clap::clap: Excellent summary of everything I've been thinking too. There's no way to prove which one killed Maria, and LE desperately needs to have Christina be the believable witness against her husband who they've charged and arrested ~ mainly because of the rape allegations, imo ~ since there is motive to want Maria out of the way from both Laureans. I too think it's kind of strange that in her actions after the fact Christina manages to just stop short of committing some kind of crime, fitting conveniently with keeping her as a witness.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ
Back