Found Deceased MD - David Gipson Smith, 28, Howard County, 6 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why even bother to put a map in that article? It's just completely in the wrong place.

It's REALLY close to where David was supposedly last seen. But it's been 100 days, would there just be skeletal remains at this point?
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Here is a basic guide to human decomposition. Arrow ding to it 4 months at 50 degrees is skeletonization faster at higher temps.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 18053E73-08D0-4BAC-AB64-E2E817A0E75E.jpg
    18053E73-08D0-4BAC-AB64-E2E817A0E75E.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 482

Here is a basic guide to human decomposition. Arrow ding to it 4 months at 50 degrees is skeletonization faster at higher temps.
attachment.php
Well it was warmer temps. Yikes. I wonder how long it will take to give height, hair color, etc.

attachment.php

Hi verified Grouchymom....I tried to search for it...hahaha but what does verified Crouchymom mean? Sorry that I have to ask for this.....

Why even bother to put a map in that article? It's just completely in the wrong place.

It's REALLY close to where David was supposedly last seen. But it's been 100 days, would there just be skeletal remains at this point?
25e9639ceba9aa67db95a326ff6d025f.jpg

Unless they changed it the map on WTOP was correct (as is yours).
I will say this, Brookeville is a beautiful little area and one of the last places I'd imagine a body being discovered.

Hi verified Grouchymom....I tried to search for it...hahaha but what does verified Grouchymom mean? Sorry that I have to ask for this.....

My older children when growing up repeatedly verified their belief that I was a grouchy mom every time I used that horrible word “no” so after years of hearing “don’t be so grouchy mom” or “why are you so grouchy mom” I decided I must be doing my job right and took it be a badge of honor.

Also where Tyler Tessier is from and up the road a couple miles from where Laura Wallen lived. This is all quite unusual for the community. Lot of tragedies here lately up and down Georgia Ave.

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/17218 I think this is the one mentioned up this thread. Found 11/13/2017, skeletal remains found near cemetery, Montgomery County, Maryland. Not much info yet. Age undetermined, DNA tests not completed, dentals: charting is available and will be entered later They found a Cell phone and loose change with the body.

Why does it say "identification potential - low"?

Because there is so much decomposition they can not even determine the sex of the UID. Which means it has most likely been there for quite a few years. In that case it would not be David.

Because there is so much decomposition they can not even determine the sex of the UID. Which means it has most likely been there for quite a few years. In that case it would not be David.
The article says they believe it's under a year old.

It may mean that they will need to be identified via DNA as the only means. Once a profile is obtained then the ID potential might change to a higher level. This is just me guessing...

Per the missing page on FB David's mother has been informed that these are not David's remains

Why does it say "identification potential - low"?

I think it's because they still processing things.....it feels like a first entering in Namus and later on they are going to add things...I could be totally wrong...

Per the missing page on FB David's mother has been informed that these are not David's remains

I hope they put David on the rule out list for this UID, makes the search (and the content of this thread) more accurate.

The article says they believe it's under a year old.

I am basing it on Namus ME pathologists report as opposed to articles. There is no mention of how long it's been there.

Demographics

Estimated ageCannot Determine
Minimum ageyears
Maximum ageyears
RaceUnsure
Ethnicity
SexUnsure
Weight (pounds), Cannot Estimate
Height (inches), Cannot Estimate

Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)
All parts recovered
Head not recovered
Torso not recovered
One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered
Body conditions
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Probable year of deathto
Estimated postmortem intervalhttps://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/17218

I think per his missing fb page that the body was identified and it wasn’t David.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the body was not identified but ruled out being David....

I think per his missing fb page that the body was identified and it wasn’t David.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submitted David’s info for this one several weeks ago and have yet to hear back but I found out earlier today that this body was missing a front tooth and I don’t understand how they know without the head. But David has not been excluded here yet.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/2...apitated-had-heart-ripped-out-police-say.html
[h=1]Case Report - NamUs UP # 17128[/h][h=1]Case Information[/h]
StatusUnidentified
Case number17-10073
Date foundSeptember 05, 2017 09:55
Date createdOctober 16, 2017 11:40
Date last modifiedNovember 14, 2017 14:27
Investigating agency
date QA reviewed

[h=3]Local Contact (ME/C or Other)[/h]
AgencyMD Ofc of Chief St Med Examiner
Phone410-333-3225

[h=3]Case Manager[/h]
NameJoe Mullin
Phone410-333-3271

[h=1]Demographics[/h]
Minimum age9 years
Maximum age99 years
RaceUnsure
EthnicityOther
SexUnsure
Weight (pounds)126, Estimated

[h=3]Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)[/h]
All parts recovered
Head not recovered
Torso not recovered
Body conditions
Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Probable year of death2016 to 2017
Estimated postmortem interval

[h=1]Circumstances[/h]
[h=3]Location Found[/h]
GPS coordinates
Address 111715 Orebaugh Avenue
Address 2
CityWheaton
StateMaryland
Zip code20902
CountyMontgomery

Circumstances
Decedent found buried in shallow grave.

[h=1]Physical[/h]
Hair colorUnknown or Completely Bald
Head hair
Body hair
Facial hair
Left eye colorUnknown or Missing
Right eye colorUnknown or Missing
Eye description

No other distinctive body features
Distinctive features as described below

Amputations
Deformities
Scars and marks
Tattoos
Piercings
Artificial body parts
and aids
Finger and toe nails
Other distinctive
physical characteristics

[h=1]Medical[/h]
Medical implants
Foreign objects
Skeletal findings
Organ absent
Prior surgery
Other medical
information

[h=1]Fingerprints[/h]

[h=1]Clothing and Accessories[/h]
No clothing or accessories
Clothing and accessories are described below

Clothing on bodyWearing clothing; descriptions not available at this time.
Clothing with body
Footwear
Jewelry
Eyewear
Other items found
with body

[h=1]Dental[/h]
Status:Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later

[h=1]DNA[/h]

[h=1]Images[/h]
There are currently no images available for this case.

[h=1]Documents[/h]
There are currently no documents available for this case.

And

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by pamelado2 The article says they believe it's under a year old.

I am basing it on Namus ME pathologists report as opposed to articles. There is no mention of how long it's been there.

Demographics

Minimum ageyears
Maximum ageyears
RaceUnsure
Ethnicity
SexUnsure
Weight (pounds), Cannot Estimate

Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)
All parts recovered
Head not recovered
Torso not recovered

Body conditions
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Probable year of deathto
Estimated postmortem intervalhttps://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/17218

i doubt that this is David. It I have sent his info in to be excluded here also.

I still have the body found down the embankment off 695 in Anne Arundel County around the 22nd of September.

I have gotten some info from some of David’s friends and it leads me to believe that if he is alive (which some of his family doubts) he is likely to be in a rehab. I have learned that he has been in more than 1 rehab in more than one state.

And david’s Case number is here:

I submitted David’s info for this one several weeks ago and have yet to hear back but I found out earlier today that this body was missing a front tooth and I don’t understand how they know without the head. But David has not been excluded here yet.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/2...apitated-had-heart-ripped-out-police-say.html

And

i doubt that this is David. It I have sent his info in to be excluded here also.

I still have the body found down the embankment off 695 in Anne Arundel County around the 22nd of September.

I have gotten some info from some of David’s friends and it leads me to believe that if he is alive (which some of his family doubts) he is likely to be in a rehab. I have learned that he has been in more than 1 rehab in more than one state.

And david’s Case number is here:

Thanks Grouchy mom, for the update. The gang victim (the above case) was believed to be Hispanic. Maybe somebody of the arrested scum remembered him missing a tooth but don't know who he is. Poor guy....disgusting story.... I don't think it is David either. And still hoping David is indeed in a rehab.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back