Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thats just my opinion.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Thats just my opinion.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Of course, and what I'm saying is just my opinion. I was just pointing out that you're comparing apples to oranges. I don't see how you can prosecute someone for selling something they are legally entitled to sell. Your have to 1st make it illegal (like heroin). Of course, right now if someone illegally sells alcohol to a minor isn't it possible they'll be held accountable for deaths that occur because of it? (Not sure if that's every state).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Is it known if that pond has been searched? Just a feeling...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Is it known if that pond has been searched? Just a feeling...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

It was searched early on. I don't think this is the spot the girl dropped David off. I think it was a lie that she told the parents and then had to follow with because LE was notified. I wish they would ping all three phones - David, Girl 1 and Girl 2. Interesting to see where those lead.

and sure, they should be arrested for selling drugs ^shrug^ that is my own opinion.

There's not a way around it. I'm still all for holding the dealers responsible.

They're a factor. They only exist to get people addicted. No other purpose. They are in the death business. You play with fire you get burned.

On the Find David FB page the mom has changed the beginning of the story again. They were under the impression David was moving in with a local friend. No idea he was visiting Maryland. Seems that this could fit in with a relapse.

On the Find David FB page the mom has changed the beginning of the story again. They were under the impression David was moving in with a local friend. No idea he was visiting Maryland. Seems that this could fit in with a relapse.

Confusing change of story the least. Telling his parents that he made plans to move in with a co-worker in Delaware. Where is this information suddenly coming from? Did the co-worker was aware of David telling this, i.o.w. where there real arrangements? You should think if so that there would be some interaction by phone if somebody who was moving into my house not showing up. I think he just told his parents about moving to get away and not raising red flags to his parents....

At the same time he planned? to visit a friend in Maryland...later referred to as colleague ??? Stating it the way the family did on FB, looks like they knew he was going to Maryland, but later on they weren't aware of this. Is it just me...not reading good?

Why does the story keep changing is what I am questioning. Are they getting new info?? Are they coming forth with tiny bits of info they refrained from giving from the beginning?? I am, also, wondering if they are protecting their privacy so much that it could be hindering things??

I don't understand the parents at all. I think they thought he was off again on a drug binge but then he didn't respond or return. They keep saying he was doing so good but nine months for an addict is good but in a crucial relapse period. Also, when he told his parents he was going one place and went another that is a huge red flag for the family / friends of a user. The more that comes out the more the LE post about using heroin the night before makes complete sense.

IRC there have been 3 times now where friends have said David was talking about coming to visit. He very well may have skipped town. I do hope that is the case.

All opinions are my own.

Why does the story keep changing is what I am questioning. Are they getting new info?? Are they coming forth with tiny bits of info they refrained from giving from the beginning?? I am, also, wondering if they are protecting their privacy so much that it could be hindering things??

I think they are protecting their privacy and giving bits and pieces as they get more desperate.

I think they are protecting their privacy and giving bits and pieces as they get more desperate.
The only thing that changed was that David hid from them where he was going. I still suspect the 2 women, I still think he may have had a relapse. Although, I still think it could have been a number of different scenarios.
To me, this *new* information doesn't change anything.

The only thing that changed was that David hid from them where he was going. I still suspect the 2 women, I still think he may have had a relapse. Although, I still think it could have been a number of different scenarios.
To me, this *new* information doesn't change anything.

I disagree because of the fact that he told his parents different plans than he had really made. For an addict - recovering or not that is a big deal. It is part of their MO. Since he had been out of rehab he had been under the watchful eye of the parents. Sorta his security blanket to stay clean. Once he decided to lie to his parents about where he was going he had already determined he was going to use.

This is my new theory - just my opinion - David met girl 1 in rehab. She was still clean and basically told him no drugs with her but set him up with girl 2. Girl two had drugs (has been arrested since David's disappearance for drugs). He got to girl 2's house and was out of his mind (drugs work differently on different people) and her parents said get him out of here. He was too wasted to drive so she took him to the only place she knew. From there who knows. David's mom has recently stated that someone saw him walking down Woodbine.

The police report stated David was doing heroin. I believe that girl 1 isn't so involved and girl 2 - well her story is screwy. He very well could have OD'd with her.

David was exhibiting classic addict behavior and his parents are exhibiting classic co-dependent behaviors.

Of course all these ideas don't work together so the puzzle is still missing lots of pieces.

I disagree because of the fact that he told his parents different plans than he had really made. For an addict - recovering or not that is a big deal. It is part of their MO. Since he had been out of rehab he had been under the watchful eye of the parents. Sorta his security blanket to stay clean. Once he decided to lie to his parents about where he was going he had already determined he was going to use.

This is my new theory - just my opinion - David met girl 1 in rehab. She was still clean and basically told him no drugs with her but set him up with girl 2. Girl two had drugs (has been arrested since David's disappearance for drugs). He got to girl 2's house and was out of his mind (drugs work differently on different people) and her parents said get him out of here. He was too wasted to drive so she took him to the only place she knew. From there who knows. David's mom has recently stated that someone saw him walking down Woodbine.

The police report stated David was doing heroin. I believe that girl 1 isn't so involved and girl 2 - well her story is screwy. He very well could have OD'd with her.

David was exhibiting classic addict behavior and his parents are exhibiting classic co-dependent behaviors.

Of course all these ideas don't work together so the puzzle is still missing lots of pieces.

This sounds very plausible to me.

where did you find the arrest info?

Well that has always been my theory - except if you'll remember he already knew girl 2. He had texted her/talked thru Facebook. If 1st friend is clean would she have set him up with someone who could supply him with drugs? (No one knows for sure she met him in rehab, at least I haven't seen confirmation on this.) My theory is she didn't have drugs or couldn't go get high with him that night so suggested he meet up with girl 2. I think girl 2 is the key to this - that arrest record said she had enough drugs on her that it was with intent to sell (from 9/15/2017)

That's why I say nothing has changed. Some people have said that because the parents aren't completely transparent they're hindering the search for David, but I don't believe that. I think even before they stated that they didn't know he was going to MD we still had all the pertinent information.

The parents say he did drink a few times in these past 9 months. It may be that he didn't go to MD with the intention of doing hard drugs. Maybe just partying, drinking? It seems you wouldn't plan for a few days to go back to heroin.

The other part of my theory that may be a little different than yours - I think they started drinking at her parents house and then the parents said you're not doing that here. So she drove and they went to party at that property and she called other friends to meet them there.

Sometimes parents don't know the whole story. I don't think it is anything sinister. I think they are trying to convey clarity, grasping at anything they can to help them find their baby. I am married to an addict. He is in recovery 5 years now. His mother was very involved in his life and she didn't know the truth about a lot of things. He could have said whatever to keep them from worrying. We need to focus on finding him and not blaming the family for their missteps in an unimaginable situation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My apologies in advance if this has already been discussed. And this is mostly due to the fact that English is my second language, but according to David's mom:

"He had 2 small suitcases, and 4 shoeboxes for his shoes (he keeps all of his shoes at home in boxes)." (BBM)
https://www.facebook.com/MissingDavidGipsonSmith/posts/172635806621122

Is it safe to assume he took the shoes, not just the boxes (I'm sorry ... I know this is a silly question, but I wanted to make sure)? Or did his parents find the shoes without boxes at home? And if they didn't, have the shoes been located, and if so, where (e.g., still in his car, in the womens' possession, or yet someone else's)? I also find it somewhat interesting that the parents know how many boxes/pairs of shoes David took. Maybe they were checking his closet on a regular basis to make sure he wasn't hiding any drugs in there ... :(.

I am wondering because one theory I can think of is that David was intending to sell the shoes for drugs or for cash to buy drugs with ... :(. In any case, it may be worthwhile for LE to try to locate the shoes (no easy task, I'm sure). Or maybe if the parents or friends have pictures of these shoes, they can post them on the FB page (or at least descriptions).

I also think it would be helpful to have a VI with this case in particular. I don't believe I have seen any posts from David's friends or family, other than his mom, on the FB page, either. It would be nice to get someone else's perspective, IMO.

My apologies in advance if this has already been discussed. And this is mostly due to the fact that English is my second language, but according to David's mom:

"He had 2 small suitcases, and 4 shoeboxes for his shoes (he keeps all of his shoes at home in boxes)." (BBM)
https://www.facebook.com/MissingDavidGipsonSmith/posts/172635806621122

Is it safe to assume he took the shoes, not just the boxes (I'm sorry ... I know this is a silly question, but I wanted to make sure)? Or did his parents find the shoes without boxes at home? And if they didn't, have the shoes been located, and if so, where (e.g., still in his car, in the womens' possession, or yet someone else's)? I also find it somewhat interesting that the parents know how many boxes/pairs of shoes David took. Maybe they were checking his closet on a regular basis to make sure he wasn't hiding any drugs in there ... :(.

I am wondering because one theory I can think of is that David was intending to sell the shoes for drugs or for cash to buy drugs with ... :(. In any case, it may be worthwhile for LE to try to locate the shoes (no easy task, I'm sure). Or maybe if the parents or friends have pictures of these shoes, they can post them on the FB page (or at least descriptions).

I also think it would be helpful to have a VI with this case in particular. I don't believe I have seen any posts from David's friends or family, other than his mom, on the FB page, either. It would be nice to get someone else's perspective, IMO.
From what I read the 2 suitcases and 4 pair of shoes, in their boxes were found in his car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back