Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Statement From SAO on Receiving BPD Investigation

The State’s Attorney’s Office has in fact received the hardcopies of the Baltimore Police Department’s investigative file; however, the results of their investigation is not new to us.

We have been briefed regularly throughout their process while simultaneously conducting our own independent investigation into the death of Freddie Gray. While we have and will continue to leverage the information received by the Department, we are not relying solely on their findings but rather the facts that we have gathered and verified. We ask for the public to remain patient and peaceful and to trust the process of the justice system.

State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby

http://www.stattorney.org/media-cen...ement-from-sao-on-receiving-bpd-investigation

Good PR point for the SA. They have known what PD was finding, but they have also been doing their own investigation. LOL officals in this city sound like they don't trust each other.

Anybody seen the mayor today?

Good PR point for the SA. They have known what PD was finding, but they have also been doing their own investigation. LOL officals in this city sound like they don't trust each other.

Anybody seen the mayor today?

Apparently hanging out with Al Sharpton. She is in the TV now talking and he is there. She is standing in front of a background sign thing that says No Justice No Peace.

Mayor is on CNN. IMO she appeared very defensive, outlined all she had done in order to prepare for "service" to the city. Said little about the new findings. Said she wanted to focus on rebuilding.

Last week, Davis said there were three stops: the first to put leg irons on Gray, the second “to deal with Mr. Gray” (an incident, he said, that remained under investigation) and the third to pick up a prisoner in an unrelated matter.

The new stop, which “was discovered from a privately owned camera,” Davis said Thursday, came between the first and second stops.

http://ktla.com/2015/04/30/new-deta...vestigative-files-turned-over-to-prosecutors/

She also gave an explanation of why Gray was not buckled into the police van: He appeared belligerent.

“They didn’t want to reach over him. You were in a tight space in the paddy wagon. He’s already irate,” she said.

“He still has his teeth, and he still has his saliva. So in order to seat-belt somebody you have to get in their personal space. They’re not going to get in his personal space if he’s already irate.”

Apparently hanging out with Al Sharpton. She is in the TV now talking and he is there. She is standing in front of a background sign thing that says No Justice No Peace.

I just heard her say via radio "WAPO article is not helpful."

I'm very confused about the number of stops. Was there an "extra, unknown" one of not? :confused:

Sorry but there goes her credibility IMO

Earlier, caught an interview with Ali Bydon, MD Neurosurgeon Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, specialty--spine.

He stated that self-inflicted spinal cord injury is "very rare." However, there are reports of this type: One, in Japan in 2002 and that individual did not die from the self-inflicted spinal cord injury.

His comments begin @ about 5:15 on video (titled, Reports raise new questions in Baltimore) at link below:

http://www.msnbc.com/news-nation

I just heard her say via radio "WAPO article is not helpful."

I'm very confused about the number of stops. Was there an "extra, unknown" one of not? :confused:

The officer leading the investigation into what happened to Mr. Gray said there was during the PC so I want to say yes but idk. This whole thing is rather confusing...everyone seems to be passing the blame, from the mayor on down.

Also, earlier today saw an interview of medical examiner Dr. Michael Baden. Re self-inflicted spinal cord injury: "No way in the world...Ridiculous."

No link at the moment. If find one, will post.

Police doing PC now. Won't give any other info about the new stop. Won't comment on if it was a cover up by officers involved or if it was just an unannounced stop.

is this statement correct from your link? i thought the only video was from bystander cellphone(s) . . . bbm

"His take-down and arrest without probable cause occurred under a police video camera, which taped everything including the police dragging and throwing Freddy into a police vehicle while he screamed in pain," Murphy said in a statement, adding that Gray's spine was 80 percent severed at his neck while in police custody.

Also, earlier today saw an interview of medical examiner Dr. Michael Baden. Re self-inflicted spinal cord injury: "No way in the world...Ridiculous."

I kinda, sorta heard him last night as I was getting ready for bed. However, he is basing his answer on the assumption that FGs spine was "80% severed at his neck."

My understanding is that we don't really know if this is,an accurate account of his injuries. Many articles refer to it simply as "a spinal injury."

Anyway, my point being Baden can't/shouldn't make such a difinitive assertion when the injury itself hasn't been clearly defined.

MOOOOO

is this statement correct from your link? i thought the only video was from bystander cellphone(s) . . . bbm

"His take-down and arrest without probable cause occurred under a police video camera, which taped everything including the police dragging and throwing Freddy into a police vehicle while he screamed in pain," Murphy said in a statement, adding that Gray's spine was 80 percent severed at his neck while in police custody.

It did happen under a police camera but it didn't show much of anything. The cameras scans on auto unless someone manually operates which did not happen. Post #578, I think, shows video from the area where the arrest happened.

I kinda, sorta heard him last night as I was getting ready for bed. However, he is basing his answer on the assumption that FGs spine was "80% severed at his neck."

My understanding is that we don't really know if this is,an accurate account of his injuries. Many articles refer to it simply as "a spinal injury."

Anyway, my point being Baden can't/shouldn't make such a difinitive assertion when the injury itself hasn't been clearly defined.

MOOOOO

here's dr. baden: http://video.foxnews.com/v/42054599...ie-gray-inside-the-police-van/?#sp=show-clips

and here's dr. koblinsky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOVzQ_0kb_8

From ABC7: “… the medical examiner found Gray’s catastrophic injury was caused when he slammed into the back of the police transport van, apparently breaking his neck; a head injury he sustained matches a bolt in the back of the van.”

http://www.breaking911.com/breaking...tal-injuries-in-van-not-during-arrest-report/

Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters 3m3 minutes ago
Law enforcement sources said Gray sustained head injury that matches bolt in back of police van: local ABC

Yeah well he has some credibility issues in my mind. Just my opinion of course.

BREAKING NEWS: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport van

Details surrounding exactly what caused Gray to slam into the back of the van was unclear. The officer driving the van has yet to give a statement to authorities. It’s also unclear whether Gray’s head injury was voluntary or was result of some other action.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/04/breaking-news-no-evidence-found-that-freddie-gray-s-death-was-result-of-police-who-arrested-him-prob.html

Statement From SAO on Receiving BPD Investigation

The State’s Attorney’s Office has in fact received the hardcopies of the Baltimore Police Department’s investigative file; however, the results of their investigation is not new to us.

We have been briefed regularly throughout their process while simultaneously conducting our own independent investigation into the death of Freddie Gray. While we have and will continue to leverage the information received by the Department, we are not relying solely on their findings but rather the facts that we have gathered and verified. We ask for the public to remain patient and peaceful and to trust the process of the justice system.

State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby

http://www.stattorney.org/media-cen...ement-from-sao-on-receiving-bpd-investigation

Marilyn Mosby? IMO the LEOs will be charged.

BREAKING NEWS: Preliminary findings show Freddie Gray suffered head injury in police transport van

Details surrounding exactly what caused Gray to slam into the back of the van was unclear. The officer driving the van has yet to give a statement to authorities. It’s also unclear whether Gray’s head injury was voluntary or was result of some other action.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/04/breaking-news-no-evidence-found-that-freddie-gray-s-death-was-result-of-police-who-arrested-him-prob.html

Well I guess we now know which officer did not submit a statement. That plus the unannounced and unreported stop really is looking bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude