Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And another good lesson for me here at WS. When LE is tight lipped about information in a case, there is a good reason and I just need to not judge and wait to see what happens.
Sometimes they are just tight lipped. Hard to tell sometimes with LE. But when it comes to a pregnant woman, it is a little easier to figure out what might have happened imo.

No cause of death no blunt injuries, they have to wait for autopsies.

Even without obvious external trauma, strangulation produces evidence of asphyxiation at the autopsy, recognized as pinpoint hemorrhages (petechiae) in the skin, conjunctiva of the eyes, and deep internal organs. Petechiae are non-specific findings, that can develop from any cause of asphyxia. The presence of petechiae does not prove strangulation, and the absence of petechiae does not disprove strangulation. On TV Crime it always seems that the fracture of the hyoid bone proves strangulation but it is only found in a minority of fatal strangulations. There are very detailed methods in the autopsy to prove it but this is not the place to discuss that. They will get a CoD.

No sign of blunt force trauma. Wonder if he poisoned her? But then what caused the mess he wanted his friend to help clean up?
I'm thinking she may have been located in his vehicle possibly. If he kept her body her bowels and bladder may have evacuated, thus creating a mess. Just a thought. (Albeit an unpleasant thought since there was no sign of physical harm. SORRY!) I believe he met her at the gated complex and took her to the open field. Maybe??

I'm completely saddened by this! Why can't they just leave them and not murder them??!! I'm sure there wasn't enough bleach in the world, for her mother to use on her hands after holding the hand of the man who had used those same hands to murder her daughter. I would have vomited all over him!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm completely saddened by this I'm sure there wasn't enough bleach in the world, for her mother to use on her hands after holding the hand of the man who had used those same hands to murder her daughter. I would have vomited all over him!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

How did the dad resist the urge to not kill him with his bare hands??

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

I think there could be evidence of violence on her, but they are not saying so for now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My .02 at this point is that this was premeditated.
Hope he gets the DP.

You were bang on!!!

I think the parents are wording things in a way so the BF believes he's no suspected but they have slipped up. I think this is an LE strategy until they can slam him with cell record, forensics, or a body.

Just my opinion of course

omg I am in a state of total shock & deep sadness right now. My heart goes out to Laura's family, friends & students. Unbelievable. Absolutely heartbreaking, especially if it's true she thought he took her there to propose. Ugh. Why.

Rest in peace Laura & baby.

it was JLD333
I quoted it upthread

Whoever said earlier today that they thought the PC was a set up to the bf to see what he would say was right on. You nailed it! Great deductions based on very little information.

Ugh hard to see why she would have wanted him anyway...I wish she had run away. Just disgusting.

I'm still so shocked that the boyfriend spoke at the PC on Monday. Watching it again to note his body language. He looks like he wants to run out of there! Her parents are amazing with her mom holding his hand in her lap and her dad keeping his arm on his shoulder. I bet they were praying he would crack right there on stage and confess.

https://www.pscp.tv/mcpnews/1OdJrovmdkOxX

I also wanted to note that the police not only went along with having TT speak to see what he would say, the police released information they knew was incorrect as part of the ruse. In the beginning the officer says that Laura last contacted them on Monday. As of today's PC, we know that is false, but some media sources have not caught up and are still reporting Monday as the last time she had contact. Hopefully the news will figure it out and make corrections. Police also said this was not a criminal investigation. In reality, they were suspicious and investigating foul play from the start. JMO.

Wow, I am in shock. I was not expecting this. So awful!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in MD and I am completely clueless. Do we have the DP?

Another question, did Laura know he was actually living with someone else?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I live in MD and I am completely clueless. Do we have the DP?

Another question, did Laura know he was actually living with someone else?

Yes, they said she knew about the other woman. (I have no idea on the DP).

I'm still so shocked that the boyfriend spoke at the PC on Monday. Watching it again to note his body language. He looks like he wants to run out of there! Her parents are amazing with her mom holding his hand in her lap and her dad keeping his arm on his shoulder. I bet they were praying he would crack right there on stage and confess.

https://www.pscp.tv/mcpnews/1OdJrovmdkOxX

I also wanted to note that the police not only went along with having TT speak to see what he would say, the police released information they knew was incorrect as part of the ruse. In the beginning the officer says that Laura last contacted them on Monday. As of today's PC, we know that is false, but some media sources have not caught up and are still reporting Monday as the last time she had contact. Hopefully the news will figure it out and make corrections. Police also said this was not a criminal investigation. In reality, they were suspicious and investigating foul play from the start. JMO.
Good observation. I believe they said that Monday texts were from him.

Right? That pushed me over the edge. Can you imagine being pregnant thinking you're getting a proposal, and.... My goodness, that is some dark stuff.

Just like poor Erin Corwin. This is so sad.

I don't see any marks on his face or hands or arms...makes me think it may not have been as up close and personal as strangulation. I hope she didn't suffer. I really despise this cowardly disgusting person and what he did to her and her family and all the people who love her.

Yes, they said she knew about the other woman. (I have no idea on the DP).
Women are at more risk of murder while pregnant with these messy men babies.

I hope he gets the DP if we habe it.

You were bang on!!!

Not something I'm happy to be right about but I am glad they nailed him. This whole thing is so many levels of sick. This guy is a narcissist to the bone - truly thought he was smart enough to get away with murdering his gf and her unborn baby.

I feel so sick for Laura, her precious baby, and her family and friends. God bless her parents for being able to sit beside him during that press conference- I couldn't have done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aebuser