Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this clod must have have had something going for him to get her attention for all these years...even if we mostly can't imagine what. It just seems like everyone except Laura saw through him and wished she was not with him. Maybe he talked a good game when they were together but if she was telling people he had commitment issues, it does not sound like it. Ugh it is such a nightmare...

Love is blind.

You're absolutely correct, I don't know for fact that the pic was taken during the day but I've made the assumption that the pic was taken in at least some daylight. If the pic had been taken after dark in a middle- of-nowhere field, without specialized camera/flash equipment, the pic would be not be legible. Had that been the case, LE wouldn't have been able to use it (as they said they did) to help determine the location. I assume also that Laura took the pic with her phone (otherwise how did she send it?) and was therefore limited to tha cell phone flash. Further, not that this proves anything as Laura and T may have been at this property more than once, but I understood that one "reason" according to T for visiting this field was that he planned to purchase it and build a home for Laura and baby. As such, It wound be illogical (but not impossible) for T to be showing this property to Laura in the dark.

Thank you for answering. As far as the picture, I can see it being taken at night. The only thing that I have heard described in the photo was a tree line. A line of trees might be visible on a clear night with an almost full moon. There was a full moon on Sept 6 in Damascus. That means on Sept 2 & Sept 3 (whichever night it was) the moon was mostly full. Here's a calendar that shows how much moon would be visible on the 2nd: http://www.moongiant.com/phase/9/2/2017
Out in the country there would have been plenty of moonlight to light up the night. Sadly, this would also mean Laura may have been thinking, "How romantic, he is going to propose under the stars and moonlight." It just adds to despicable nature of this crime that the suspect would let her believe he was making romantic gestures while he was actually planning to murder her.

My current theory is that it was taken and sent close to midnight Saturday night and that's why LE has said it was sent on Saturday but Laura was killed Sunday. But I guess we will have to wait for more info to determine when the picture was actually taken.

I made a timeline from LE charging documents bc I saw a few conflicting dates in MSM articles. Don't know if this will help but here it is:

8/28: LW texts TT's fiancée

FRI 9/1:
Last time LW seen by family

SAT 9/2:
8:30 - 9:30pm Last known financial transaction on LW's card at Safeway
Video confirms LW & TT were at Safeway

(Time not specified) LW sent sister series of text messages, including picture of the field.

SUN 9/3:
LE document states 9/3 was the family's last contact w/LW but does not specify when or how contact was made.

TT contacts acquaintance asking for a late night ride to Baltimore to "clean up a mess." Acquaintance declines.

DATE/TIME UNKNOWN (I'm assuming it's 9/3?? but it's unclear on the LE document -- maybe someone can help figure this out)
TT finds a friend to pick him up from Grammercy Park apartment complex and drive him back to LW residence to pick up his vehicle.

MON 9/4:
9 -10am Last known text message from LW's phone are sent to her sister. LE thinks TT sent these messages from LW's phone.

10am LW's drivers license is found by a Grammercy Park employee in front of the dumpster (TT has admitted to disposing of LW's drivers license & iPhone)

LW's sister reports her missing (presumably after receiving disturbing text messages)

2:30pm LE confirmed a neighbor saw TT walking LW's dog at her residence.

TUE 9/5
LW does not show up for work

THUR 9/7
LW vehicle found in Grammercy Park apartment complex. (TT has admitted to driving LW's vehicle here)

WED 9/13
LW body is found buried in same open field on Distillery Rd that she had taken a picture of.
Her license plate is also found here, in a trash bag.

I think the final contact with her family on Sunday IS the text message sent with the picture of the field.
I think she was murdered shortly after she sent that text, which this idiot didn't realize she sent.
I still can't grasp why he went back to the location ten times. That's just insane.

This timeline certainly provides some clarity, thank you. It seems that Laura and T were indeed at the field on Saturday when she took (and sent) the pic and then again Sunday when she met her fate. Still unanswered, though, is what transpired from Saturday night to whatever time on Sunday it was that T came back to walk the dog. Why did Laura go back out Saturday night and did she ever return to the condo? What of T and where was he that night? How/where did Laura and T reconnect so as to go back to the field on Sunday? These details are still murky and I gather haven't been explained by LE. Thoughts, anyone?

MOO

Did he go back either for a reality check that she was still there or a reality check that he wasn't dreaming or waiting to see if she would 'get up'.

Did he just 'snap', like something was said at the grocery store..... or did he really think on this?

I hope you all can understand what I mean, I've thought on this and I simply can not find the right words to articulate what I want to get across.

You're right, it a tree line was the operative part of the pic and not the field, that changes things. As I recall, there was on/off rain that weekend but also an almost full moon. Then, too, going back through posts I'm seeing conflicting info as to even what day the pic was taken (but still seeing nothing as to time).

Thank you for answering. As far as the picture, I can see it being taken at night. The only thing that I have heard described in the photo was a tree line. A line of trees might be visible on a clear night with an almost full moon. There was a full moon on Sept 6 in Damascus. That means on Sept 2 & Sept 3 (whichever night it was) the moon was mostly full. Here's a calendar that shows how much moon would be visible on the 2nd: http://www.moongiant.com/phase/9/2/2017
Out in the country there would have been plenty of moonlight to light up the night. Sadly, this would also mean Laura may have been thinking, "How romantic, he is going to propose under the stars and moonlight." It just adds to despicable nature of this crime that the suspect would let her believe he was making romantic gestures while he was actually planning to murder her.

My current theory is that it was taken and sent close to midnight Saturday night and that's why LE has said it was sent on Saturday but Laura was killed Sunday. But I guess we will have to wait for more info to determine when the picture was actually taken.

bbm I agree with this. It makes the most sense.

In an effort to fine-tune the timeline:

Saturday 9/2: LW texts sister re "adventure in the country", likely during the day or early evening. She and TT later go to the grocery store, return to her condo, unload groceries, and walk the dog. He leaves in his own vehicle, she leaves in her Ford Escape a short time later. Neighbors report that her vehicle is not seen in development after this time.

Sunday 9/3: LE speculates that this is the date that LW is murdered. Sister reports no contact from her and that family cannot reach her. TT texts friend for late-night ride to Baltimore which is declined. It is either this day or 9/4 that TT ditches her Escape in Columbia, pulls front tag, throws DL and phone into dumpster and gets ride from female friend who he later asks to deny this to LE.

Monday 9/4: TT tells LE that this was the day of early morning fight (LW hysterically crying and demanding house key). Also claims that he requested a public meeting at Columbia Mall. Tells LE she never showed and he drove by her condo, but did not enter b/c he no longer had a key. Neighbor tells LE that TT was seen in afternoon walking the dog. Dog was found by LW family that evening in locked condo.

Tues 9/5 thru Mon 9/11: TT spins tales of showing LW property for house; visting property repeatedly looking for LW; being told he's not the father, giving LW time to sort out thing, etc. etc. etc.

I agree with the previous poster who thinks that TT intended to kill her on 9/2 but couldn't because of texts to her sister. At some point on 9/3 he did murder her, probably after securing her phone. That would explain all of his clean-up efforts and lame-*advertiser censored* excuses about subsequent events.

Again, this is the exact situation where the DP is justified.

MOO

Did he go back either for a reality check that she was still there or a reality check that he wasn't dreaming or waiting to see if she would 'get up'.

Did he just 'snap', like something was said at the grocery store..... or did he really think on this?

I hope you all can understand what I mean, I've thought on this and I simply can not find the right words to articulate what I want to get across.

Articulated clearly.
I'd like to know the answers too.

Saturday 9/2: LW texts sister re "adventure in the country", likely during the day or early evening. She and TT later go to the grocery store, return to her condo, unload groceries, and walk the dog. He leaves in his own vehicle, she leaves in her Ford Escape a short time later. Neighbors report that her vehicle is not seen in development after this time.

Sunday 9/3: LE speculates that this is the date that LW is murdered. Sister reports no contact from her and that family cannot reach her. TT texts friend for late-night ride to Baltimore which is declined. It is either this day or 9/4 that TT ditches her Escape in Columbia, pulls front tag, throws DL and phone into dumpster and gets ride from female friend who he later asks to deny this to LE.

Monday 9/4: TT tells LE that this was the day of early morning fight (LW hysterically crying and demanding house key). Also claims that he requested a public meeting at Columbia Mall. Tells LE she never showed and he drove by her condo, but did not enter b/c he no longer had a key. Neighbor tells LE that TT was seen in afternoon walking the dog. Dog was found by LW family that evening in locked condo.

Tues 9/5 thru Mon 9/11: TT spins tales of showing LW property for house; visting property repeatedly looking for LW; being told he's not the father, giving LW time to sort out thing, etc. etc. etc.

I agree with the previous poster who thinks that TT intended to kill her on 9/2 but couldn't because of texts to her sister. At some point on 9/3 he did murder her, probably after securing her phone. That would explain all of his clean-up efforts and lame-*advertiser censored* excuses about subsequent events.

Thank you catmama! This is a very helpful summary.

Except one point: TT texted Laura's sister on Monday morning, pretending to be Laura. So he could not have thrown away her phone on Sunday. These texts were reportedly troubling enough that the family contacted police.

I think they got together Saturday night after going to get groceries and he left, then she left. I think they were together and that's when he took her for that little ride for the "adventure". And I think in the early morning hours of Sunday, after midnight Saturday, is when he killed her. I think that is why the days are mixed up because they keep saying Saturday/Sunday. It was all during the one trip out there but it was after midnight when she was killed. At least that is what I think anyway.

MOO

Did you mean his returning to the field? Perhaps he was just a criminal returning to the scene of the crime. And repeatedly. For a thrill, to relive his "achievement", or to clean up more.

I'm still interested in finding out WHY the sister asked Laura to take a photo in the field. Was it for a happy reason such as did she think Laura was getting engaged and wanted Laura to make a photo of the place for a scrapbook? Or did she have a feeling something was wrong? If it was taken in the dark she must have asked for a photo because she felt like something was wrong. I wonder if the family liked him.

I think they got together Saturday night after going to get groceries and he left, then she left. I think they were together and that's when he took her for that little ride for the "adventure". And I think in the early morning hours of Sunday, after midnight Saturday, is when he killed her. I think that is why the days are mixed up because they keep saying Saturday/Sunday. It was all during the one trip out there but it was after midnight when she was killed. At least that is what I think anyway.

This is how I understood it too but now that the question has been raised about the photo being taken at night or in the daylight I am questioning if this is accurate. I have an iPhone like Laura and the camera would be miserable for a landscape shot at night. The charging docs make it seem like the photo she sent her sister was clear enough that the field could be identified as the same place her body was found. Even with a full moon it doesn't seem like an iPhone photo taken in the dark would allow LE to match the location with the photo. I'm a little stumped on how this all played out.

This is how I understood it too but now that the question has been raised about the photo being taken at night or in the daylight I am questioning if this is accurate. I have an iPhone like Laura and the camera would be miserable for a landscape shot at night. The charging docs make it seem like the photo she sent her sister was clear enough that the field could be identified as the same place her body was found. Even with a full moon it doesn't seem like an iPhone photo taken in the dark would allow LE to match the location with the photo. I'm a little stumped on how this all played out.

When you take a photo with your cell phone, the location is recorded in the exif data for the photo, unless you have specifically not allowed location services for the camera app. It's easy to see the location by using photo editing software. Even if one cannot tell where the photo is by looking at it, LE can quite easily pinpoint it on a map.

I think the final contact with her family on Sunday IS the text message sent with the picture of the field.
I think she was murdered shortly after she sent that text, which this idiot didn't realize she sent.
I still can't grasp why he went back to the location ten times. That's just insane.

i think she was murdered right then and there.

Saturday "sometime" sister receives text/picture, later that evening Laura/tyler are at giant (shopping) he leaves then she leaves after him. She or her vehicle are not seen again at her home. Tyler is seen walking her dog the next day (sunday) around 2:30. It's my opinion that he went there to pick up some things.

Just speculation but if the grocery store sighting was true, perhaps Laura left ten minutes after TT to follow him/see if she could find where he went. He was homeless MSM has now reported, so she may have thought either he was going to his friend's property near the field or he was staying with the other woman who Laura had texted a week prior and may have been suspicious about. I think that conceivably could have been what led to her being killed Sunday, either she found him with the other woman or TT saw a good opportunity to carry out his sick plot when she came near the field on her own will and in her own vehicle and it would've looked like she just drove away from her home alone and vanished. Unfortunately the timeline doesn't matter so much anymore now that she has been found. It's all so tragic.

Any fans of the show Scrubs here? Do you remember when J.D. bought his half-acre of land and camped out on it, excited for his future? I almost wonder if TT and LW did that on Saturday night. Perhaps they went to the grocery store to load up on snacks, then went back to her place to let the dog pee, then travelled out there separately for whatever reason. Maybe, like every other guy, he insisted that it be "real camping" and he convinced her to turn off her phone or hand it over so that they enjoy nature or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1