MD MD - Michelle Rust, 24, Halethorpe, 20 July 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[font=Verdana,Arial]The husband of Michelle Rust, the Halethorpe woman missing since 2002, wants a divorce.

D.J. Rust Jr. testified in a Howard County courtroom last week that he has not seen his wife since July 20, 2002, and has no reasonable hope of reconciling with her.

The 29-year-old Rust was the last person to see his wife, then 24, and has been watched by police since then.

A Baltimore County detective was in the courtroom Feb. 13 to observe the divorce proceedings before Court Master Mary Kramer, who told Rust she would recommend that a Circuit Court judge grant the divorce and give him sole custody of his and Michelle's son.

"The rest of it is just a matter of paperwork," Kramer said, adding that Rust probably would receive the divorce decree by mail in less than a month.

Under Maryland law, when a couple has been living apart for more than two consecutive years without a reasonable expectation of reconciliation, both partners have grounds for divorce.

Although Rust lives in Baltimore County, the Howard County courthouse in Ellicott City was most convenient for him, according to testimony. Rust continues living in the house he and his wife shared in the 1800 block of Clark Boulevard and has had custody of their only child, who turned 7 last summer.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm?pnpID=805&NewsID=785517&CategoryID=5768&show=localnews&om=1
[/font]

i you want to get away with murdering your wife, girlfriend, or most anyone else.. just do it in baltimore (& surrounding areas).... murder city, USA.

I wonder if LE ever searched the husband's vehicle or the house? They suspect him but if they didn't search his vehicle and the home they probably lost evidence that was there at the time. If there was any blood they could still find traces of it.

I hate to see anyone get away with murder.

Bobbisangel said:
I hate to see anyone get away with murder.
I hope this is not the case here, I emailed Nancy Grace about this case to put it on the air! It needs to be out more and get the heat turned up!

reb said:
i you want to get away with murdering your wife, girlfriend, or most anyone else.. just do it in baltimore (& surrounding areas).... murder city, USA.
Amen :banghead: Some of these cases (Michelle's especially) are so solvable...there's got to be someone to look deeply into this and find the evidence to put her slimeball husband away for good. I'm suprised that he has their son because I thought her parents had him at first.

I think its very solvable as well and a horrible injustice to Michelle, her family and son.

NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2279/0/

"Michelle Rust was last seen leaving her residence in Baltimore County, Maryland, at approximately 9:30 a.m. on July 20, 2002. She stated that she was on her way to a few local stores to purchase items for a birthday party. Her vehicle, a dark green 1998 Dodge Caravan, was found later that day in a neighboring residential community with the entry key broken off in the driver's door keyhole. Police are treating her disappearance as suspicious."

What a pretty young lady. It's been 11 years and still no arrest made...Her husband (and his girlfriends) sound quite suspicious...

Hmmm. The entry key to her vehicle was found broken off in the lock, which would render the key unusable, right? It makes me wonder how the vehicle could have been driven off afterwards, given that one would have needed a functioning key to start the engine--unless:

It was her husband who caused the key to get broken off, presumably when he forcefully attacked his wife as she was attempting to unlock the door--maybe in their own garage or otherwise out of sight of the neighbors; he then used his own set of keys to the vehicle and drove it off himself and did whatever it is he did with her body.

IMOHO, of course.

I think we should hound the media with this case. This is so clearly solvable...and yet?

Bumping for Michelle. This is local to me and I think about it often. Wondering why it's gone so cold!

Me too. Just no info at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping for Michelle. This is local to me and I think about it often. Wondering why it's gone so cold!

This is local to me also and I think about her a lot. I wasn't living in the area in 2002, but I don't live far now from Halethorpe.

This is local to me also and I think about her a lot. I wasn't living in the area in 2002, but I don't live far now from Halethorpe.

Hey Paradise, we are probably neighbors then. I'm not in Halethorpe but about 10 mins away. I think she's still around here but not alive, sadly. It makes me sad that life is seemingly unchanged for her ex husband. Just seems so strange.

Hey Paradise, we are probably neighbors then. I'm not in Halethorpe but about 10 mins away. I think she's still around here but not alive, sadly. It makes me sad that life is seemingly unchanged for her ex husband. Just seems so strange.

We probably are! I don't live too far from where Woodlawn Jane Doe was found which creeps me out anytime I'm over on Dogwood Rd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back