MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a parent I would too scared to sleep, not knowing if my row-house is next to be set ablazin.

Time for some hero stories...

"Malcolm Taylor, 39, an African-American city bus driver, was watching the riots unfold on television Monday afternoon near the Mondawmin Mall, and saw some of the players he coaches in youth football among the rioters.

Mr. Taylor gathered 15 friends, including some church pastors, and came to the mall to try to calm things down."

http://www.nytimes.com/live/confron...ackage-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

As a parent I would too scared to sleep, not knowing if my row-house is next to be set ablazin.

There is no way I could sleep... or do anything but watch out the window constantly.
I think I would probably leave town if anything like this happened here.
We had one police shooting but it was pretty clear no rioting would result.
If I thought there was a chance of it? I would be on the first plane out of there. :twocents:

Breaking News @Breaking911 · 1h 1 hour ago

BREAKING: @MayorSRB Says She Didn't Impose Curfew Tonight Because Public Needs Notice http://bit.ly/1DRzRnv

Notice?! Seriously?! How much notice do people get before their house is burned down?!

Geeze throwing bottles at fire trucks!!!!

Insane - really. I feel for those firemen tonite - that's gotta be scary....................

I suggest the whole word issue be dropped since it's a dead horse at this point and clearly not everyone agrees. Though I admit snowflakes was a good one.

It is odd that these "gangs" have come together for a kumbaya session. Makes me want to follow the money trail...who brought these gang rivals together for milk and cookies? I won't accept the excuse they are doing it for FG. Someone or some persons are driving this...who are they? Why are they doing this? I certainly have my own theories and opinions. While most watch Baltimore light up the sky, I want to go past the chaos and find who unleashed this mayhem. These gangs just don't call up each other for social chit-chatting so is someone sitting in their chair, laughing at the unlawfulness that they manufactured while another community is destroyed. Sad to think that way but evil walks among us in many forms.

Someone started this criminal destruction...who was that person or persons?

"He described how he and some Bloods members stood in front of stores that they knew were black-owned businesses, to protect them from looting and vandalism. He said they made sure no black youths, or reporters, were injured by rioters.

Instead, he said, they pointed the rioters toward Chinese- and Arab-owned stores."

http://www.nytimes.com/live/confron...e-package-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

BBM This explains everything! Some in the media (e.g. Marc Lamont Hill ) are trying to portray the crips, bloods , BGF and Nation of Islam as "white nights" (no pun intended) protecting businesses but as with Ferguson only black owned business were protected.

The liquor store that was looted earlier today was set on fire tonight and police had to rescue a young Asian family (with a small baby :( ) from the apartment above the store. I suspect that this family owned the liquor store. I saw pictures of a convenience store that was completely looted and the owner was South Asian. It is sad that these immigrants come to America for a better life and they work very hard so that their kids can have a better future and in one night everything they worked for is wiped out.

how anyone can defend criminals who cut firehoses is a mystery to me. Must be permitted to vent our frustration by letting other people's homes burn down?

I suggest the whole word issue be dropped since it's a dead horse at this point and clearly not everyone agrees. Though I admit snowflakes was a good one.

It is odd that these "gangs" have come together for a kumbaya session. Makes me want to follow the money trail...who brought these gang rivals together for milk and cookies? I won't accept the excuse they are doing it for FGG. Someone or some persons are driving this...who are they? Why are they doing this? I certainly have my own theories and opinions. While most watch Baltimore light up the sky, I want to go past the chaos and find who unleashed this mayhem. These gangs just don't call up each other for social chit-chatting so is someone sitting in their chair, laughing at the unlawfulness that they manufactured while another community is destroyed. Sad to think that way but evil walks among us in many forms.

Someone started this criminal destruction...who was that person or persons?

I have the same way. It feels too planned. I have also wondered who began it. And I have my own theory.

Does yours have anything to do with foreign connections?

BBM This explains everything! Some in the media (e.g. Marc Lamont Hill ) are trying to portray the crips, bloods , BGF and Nation of Islam as "white nights" (no pun intended) protecting businesses but as with Ferguson only black owned business were protected.

The liquor store that was looted earlier today was set on fire tonight and police had to rescue a young Asian family (with a small baby :( ) from the apartment above the store. I suspect that this family owned the liquor store. I saw pictures of a convenience store that was completely looted and the owner was South Asian. It is sad that these immigrants come to America for a better life and they work very hard so that their kids can have a better future and in one night everything they worked for is wiped out.

I recall a similar thing happened after the Rodney King riots. Seems we have made little progress since that time. There is no one cause of blame except seeing each other as "Other" rather than seeing people the same as ourselves.

Sad day.

I am so angry right now. This needless destruction is heartbreaking. I am resisting the urge to respond to the "intellectuals" that get on their "high horse" to belittle others for having a visceral reaction to such senseless violence. I have admired MLK since I was a child, read every book about him that I could get my hands on. Dr. King was a powerful leader, right now there doesn't seem to be such a figure to unite the downtrodden/disenfranchised. The result is chaos I guess, I just can't wrap my mind around destroying your own community. I just pray for the victims and hope it will end soon.

Geeze throwing bottles at fire trucks!!!!

Insane - really. I feel for those firemen tonite - that's gotta be scary....................

This reminds me of the Los Angeles riots. Those firemen had a terrible time getting to the fires. I'm not surprised they are doing this, it only confirms these outlaws have zero respect for others and themselves. Wish they would wise up and realize those firefighters are there to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en